Gaming Modem error

Chhotu uttam

DOH HO HO HO
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hey guys this happened on this sunday when the connectivity of modem lost and the redial error occured.
the internet disconnects in every 1-2 hrs and the dsl light stops blinking
i saw the connections of my modem and tightened but still this error occurs.

Thanks

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That's an ADSL modem, so I assume you have ADSL. Line issue or modem issue. Make sure the modem isn't overheating. Just the DSL light flashing usually indicates a line problem. Run ipconfig in CMD to find your default gateway, and go to that address in a browser. Should be your modem if you don't have a router in between. Usually 192.168.1.1. You can usually check line integrity from within the modem, use the diagnostic option to check your connection when it goes down.

Do you have properly functioning filters on all your other devices connected to phone lines?

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Some Belkin ADSL routers have a stupid flaw where it will lose connection every time it tries to re-sync its clock to the internet. That's the only thing I can think of. Overheating tends to cause crashes (not so much line dropouts) and most routers I've come across don't have the ability to restart themselves after a crash.

The best thing to do though is call your ISP. They'll do a connection test on their end and can track down if the problem is with the ISP servers, your telephone exchange, or your end (they can't check if it's something to do with the line between you and your telephone exchange without visiting your house and making a phone call). That can greatly narrow down what exactly is going wrong.

Chhotu uttam

DOH HO HO HO
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
people from broadband came at my house and checked my modem as well as the connections also.

they said that some internal failure is there and it will be better to buy a new modem than repairing the old one

Chhotu uttam

DOH HO HO HO
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Originality said:
If you do get a new router, try not to get the cheapest models. Then again, it's hard to recommend new routers because of how half of them across the entire market suck so badly.

is dlink a good one?

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
It's a router brand, not an actual router. About 1/3 of their entire line are utter crap. The same applies to LinkSys, Netgear and the premium looking Belkin. There are about 4 other brands I've seen, but their statistics are a lil worse with around half of their routers being utter crap.

As I said, it's hard to recommend a router because of the widespread phail that litters the industry. Find a router that you think sounds good, search on every shopping/review site to find out what the reviews say, then decide if it's popular enough for you to risk a year of regular dropouts and router crashes and nights of frustration and wasted money on. If you don't do your research, that's what lies ahead for you, with a 80% chance of me being right.

That said, it could be your ISP that causes line dropouts etc. Lots of ISPs suck. I can't offer any advice about that at all though.

Chhotu uttam

DOH HO HO HO
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Originality said:
It's a router brand, not an actual router. About 1/3 of their entire line are utter crap. The same applies to LinkSys, Netgear and the premium looking Belkin. There are about 4 other brands I've seen, but their statistics are a lil worse with around half of their routers being utter crap.

As I said, it's hard to recommend a router because of the widespread phail that litters the industry. Find a router that you think sounds good, search on every shopping/review site to find out what the reviews say, then decide if it's popular enough for you to risk a year of regular dropouts and router crashes and nights of frustration and wasted money on. If you don't do your research, that's what lies ahead for you, with a 80% chance of me being right.

That said, it could be your ISP that causes line dropouts etc. Lots of ISPs suck. I can't offer any advice about that at all though.
thanks.i will try to buy the best and the one with a good warranty period

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @genistopitauniverfrocrami, Not interested. The fanbase totally ruined it.