Hacking modding wii first time modding ever!!

ratchett

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hi, a local guy install's YAOSM chips and i think thats quite a good chip isn't it any way my main reason for doing so is to play ssbb the japanese
version because it wont come out in europe for like 10 years my wii is a launch one, its pal and has 3.1e firmware so in your professional opinions
will this scheme work
.much appreciated.
also is there any sort of faqs and such i should read or guides anywhere.

yatzr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I use yaosm. It's very nice if you've got the hardware and know-how to burn your own chips. If not, it can be a pain anytime the chip needs to be updated (e.g. super mario galaxy). The only way to update is to take the chip out and reburn the newer firmware and put it back in. I installed yaosm for several of my friends and family, but when SMG came out, it was a royal pain getting their chips all updated. If your guy is a good friend that wouldn't mind helping out if you need an update, then go for it.

paOol

Trophies
XP
Country
got a quesiton for wiikey / cyclowiz.
do you just download the upgrade .iso off their respective website and put the dvd in and it updates?

or do you have to have the on/off switch for the cyclowiz in order to update?

also, if you have a cylowiz and want to get YAOSM on it, can you just download a yaosm dvd and just insert it to update it? or do you have to flash it with a pc-flasher?

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
Remember YOASM 3.0 will use the VERY small EPROM on the PIC.
Therefore it can only be used for VERY small updates
wink.gif

Pigiot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your going to get it installed make sure you have the guy do the external install so it is much easier to program if if you ever get a programmer

yatzr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If your going to get it installed make sure you have the guy do the external install so it is much easier to program if if you ever get a programmer
Yes, this is very important. I've done all of my installs so that the chip goes into a socket that sits in the second gamecube memory slot. The chip is still hidden, but I don't have to open my wii to change it out.

hackeruk

Trophies
XP
Country
yer i got my yaosm chip installed 2day and i asked for them to install it on the outside on the back of the case

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Well atleast they didn't delete it completely.