Modding Ocarina of Time 3D?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by DustinDMS, Oct 14, 2018.

1. DustinDMS
    OP

DustinDMS Member

Newcomer
    Aug 12, 2018
    United States
    I know how to extract the RomFS from a 3ds rom or cia file and repack it, I'm just wondering if the contents of OOT3D can be modded. I've done texture modding before, but that was with .3dst files. I want to change the textures of OOT3D, is it possible?

2. Tormunds

Tormunds Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2017
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Not sure about textures tbh. About models though, I've been working on a way to import models into OOT3D and MM3D. Maybe that could help you (I'm releasing the tool as soon as it's finished)

Another test:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

Last edited by Tormunds, Oct 15, 2018
    Grin59, DustinDMS and Steffenfield like this.
  3. DustinDMS
    OP

DustinDMS Member

Newcomer
    Aug 12, 2018
    United States
    Wow! This tool looks awesome, great job! I'll be sure to check it out when it's released!

4. Allav866

Allav866 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 9, 2012
    This looks like it could be useful to restore the game back to the original N64 version, although I hope it becomes possible to simply replace textures, music, and other assets. It would be neat to restore the original Gerudo symbol, Fire Temple music, and blood effects so Ganondorf can stop spitting up pea soup when I smack him a few times.

DustinDMS likes this.
  5. Nintendo Fanboy

Nintendo Fanboy GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 6, 2015
    United States
    In Los Santos, GTA: San Andreas.
    I made a few cheats that allow you to swim on land, and that lets you do animations. That's about it.

DustinDMS likes this.