Hacking Modding my Wii

Littlelambsy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi So i am going to soft mod my wii for the first time for the sole purpose of adding codes to my sonic adventure 2 battle game using nintendont (since I only have the physical disc and physical memory card) however, I have never used nintendont before. My only experience with cheat codes is my action replay disc that I can’t add codes to.

So I found the codes I want to add on a site called game hacking (If more info is needed I can post a picture of them) but I have no idea how to add them to nintendont.

I have seen some brief guides on the internet but they are rather confusing (tech challenged here) and all of them only seem to use digital versions of the games not physical discs. Also some of the guides mention having to rewrite the codes?

It seems very complicated so before I accidentally ruin my game or wii console, I thought I should get some help. I really need to be walked through this. If you need more details let me know. Thank you for your time and any help is greatly appreciated!

Reactions: BlazeMasterBM

BlazeMasterBM

I Eat Garlics
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi So i am going to soft mod my wii for the first time for the sole purpose of adding codes to my sonic adventure 2 battle game using nintendont (since I only have the physical disc and physical memory card) however, I have never used nintendont before. My only experience with cheat codes is my action replay disc that I can’t add codes to.

So I found the codes I want to add on a site called game hacking (If more info is needed I can post a picture of them) but I have no idea how to add them to nintendont.

I have seen some brief guides on the internet but they are rather confusing (tech challenged here) and all of them only seem to use digital versions of the games not physical discs. Also some of the guides mention having to rewrite the codes?

It seems very complicated so before I accidentally ruin my game or wii console, I thought I should get some help. I really need to be walked through this. If you need more details let me know. Thank you for your time and any help is greatly appreciated!
The memory card will be useful, and if you're using Nintendont you may want to download a rom of the game, or download your save file if you prefer to use your own.

MajinCubyan

The Funky Super Saiyan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haven't had to mod a Wii in years but just skimming through the link below, it seems to be pretty up-to-date and easy to understand. Just make sure you read it a couple times completely before you try it.

Generally, you should avoid an videos as they can contain pretty dated information.

https://wii.guide/

BlazeMasterBM

I Eat Garlics
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haven't had to mod a Wii in years but just skimming through the link below, it seems to be pretty up-to-date and easy to understand. Just make sure you read it a couple times completely before you try it.

Generally, you should avoid an videos as they can contain pretty dated information.

https://wii.guide/
Nintendont has remained pretty unchanged, at least the basics anyway

MajinCubyan

The Funky Super Saiyan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you. I have read through the link you have provided however, I couldn’t find anything on nintendont or using cheats with nintendont.

Yeah, this is just for modding your Wii. Since you said you were modding for the first time, figured you would need this.

I don't really mess with cheats but I'd imagine the codes don't really need a rewrite since regardless of if it's an iso or physical, it is still the same game.

Littlelambsy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes I will use that link you provided when I go to mod my wii thank you for providing it. I just want to make sure I know everything i need to know before I start doing anything. So far figuring out Nintendont cheats is all that is left on the list.

The cheats are the reason I’m considering soft modding my wii. Yet when trying to find information on adding codes to nintendont I came across this article I’m not sure if it’s still relevant
gbatemp .net/threads/nintendont.349258/#Nintendontcheats

What worries me is this little paragraph I’ll paste it in here.

Nintendont is working in Wii mode, with shifted and custom memory addresses.
Most (if not all?) existing cheat codes you will find online have been created for GameCube mode (gamecube console, Dolphin emulator, Wii in gamecube mode using MIOS/DM/DML).
Therefore the addresses are not the same anymore and a lot of cheatcodes will NOT work.

To get 100% cheats support you need to re-search cheats using a debugger running in Wii mode.
Nobody started converting code from Gamecube to Nintendont.

Is this still true? If so I think I’m in trouble as I do not know at all what a debugger in wii mode is or how to do that. The codes I want to use are from game hacking .org specifically this one

Infinite Time Remaining (Route 101 & 280) by sharpener
ARMax
85TN-C40D-PVNJT
DJYM-1PZ0-FPVRG
5XXQ-082Q-Q39CJ
Any help is really appreciated! Thank you!

DaMan4169

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The thread you reference is in the WiiU section. Nintendont can be run on a Wii or a WiiU while in Wii Mode.
If you are playing on the Wii then that section of shifted and custom memory addresses doesn't apply, it's a WiiU thing.
The forwarders are console specific but I don't know if anything else in that guide might be specific to running Nintendont on WiiU as i dont use Nintendont or didn't read the entire guide.

MajinCubyan

The Funky Super Saiyan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright OP, sorry for the late reply, had to do some writing. Anywho, I tested out adding codes to Nintendont. I use the Wii U with a custom launcher on the homescreen so I don't have to go into vWii and such. I had to do nothing different to the codes at all and they worked fine. Ran through Route 101 and the timer never went down, so I imagine it will work fine on your Wii, though I can't guarantee anything.

As far as file placement, it looks like you have a couple different options. Since I'm using an iso, I placed it in the same folder as my iso, like this; "games/SA2B/game.gct"

What you will want to do is create a folder on the root of your sd card called "codes" and then place your gct file there. Since you are gonna be placing it there, you have to rename it to the titleid. So for SA2B, if you are using the US version of it, you will want to rename it "GSNE8P.gct"

Again, I'm using the Wii U but I literally had to do nothing different so you should have no problem once you have everything set up.

Littlelambsy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you for testing it out for me I really appreciate it!

Ok I’m starting to get what I have to do but I still have a few more questions so if it’s alright I am going to do a check list to see if I understand how to do the codes. Please correct me if I am wrong.

So it should go like this. After I soft modded my wii. Install nintendont from the home brew browser installing the cheat codes should go like this.

1, find the cheats I want on game hacking .org quick note: you said you didn’t have to alter the code. Is that the code that’s like this

ARMax
85TN-C40D-PVNJT
DJYM-1PZ0-FPVRG
5XXQ-082Q-Q39CJ
Because I noticed there is an decrypted version under the gecko option that shows this
21208560 9004000C
05208560 60000000
2: After finding the code I create a folder on the root of my sd card call codes.
Ok two things I know this is going to sound dumb but where’s the root of a sd card? Is that the first place you come to when opening your sd card? And I don’t know what a gct file is...

After figuring that out I rename the file? I’m a little confused.

Sorry that I’m not really quick to pick this all up. If I can just figure the cheat code installation I should be ready to try it! Thank you once again for all your help!

MajinCubyan

The Funky Super Saiyan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for testing it out for me I really appreciate it!

Ok I’m starting to get what I have to do but I still have a few more questions so if it’s alright I am going to do a check list to see if I understand how to do the codes. Please correct me if I am wrong.

So it should go like this. After I soft modded my wii. Install nintendont from the home brew browser installing the cheat codes should go like this.

1, find the cheats I want on game hacking .org quick note: you said you didn’t have to alter the code. Is that the code that’s like this

ARMax
85TN-C40D-PVNJT
DJYM-1PZ0-FPVRG
5XXQ-082Q-Q39CJ
Because I noticed there is an decrypted version under the gecko option that shows this
21208560 9004000C
05208560 60000000
2: After finding the code I create a folder on the root of my sd card call codes.
Ok two things I know this is going to sound dumb but where’s the root of a sd card? Is that the first place you come to when opening your sd card? And I don’t know what a gct file is...

After figuring that out I rename the file? I’m a little confused.

Sorry that I’m not really quick to pick this all up. If I can just figure the cheat code installation I should be ready to try it! Thank you once again for all your help!

I selected the first code by sharpener. And your two questions.

1. Yep, when you first open the sd card on your pc, that is the root.
2. On gamehacking, you can check the codes you want and then download it with the proper structure and formatting. Instead of plain text, you want to select Gecko and it will download it as a gct file. So it was technically edited for Gecko but it does it all for you it seems.

So the steps you would want to follow to get the file you need is first select your codes. Once you do that, go back to the top and change the format from plain text to Gecko. Since you only want that and the master code, switch it from all to checked. And you don't even need to rename it yourself if you select the filename option as it has the title id listed, it simply defaults to naming it the full game title with region and such.

After that, just make a "codes" folder in the root of your sd and place your cheat file there. Load up Nintendont, select sd and then press the B button to get to settings. Enable cheats and then load your game. Should be profit after that.

Littlelambsy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I did what you suggested in the website. However I only got a blank box that popped up on the screen... (not sure if this helps but I tried it on my apple iPhone device if that makes a difference?)

Littlelambsy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well after loading the codes using my pc rather than my apple device, I am happy to say the codes worked flawlessly! Thank-you all for your help I really appreciate it!

Reactions: MajinCubyan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night