1. yogafire

OP yogafire Newbie
    Newcomer

Germany
    I recently got a used Wii that I modded via the letterbomb exploit. Everything's working great but recently whenever I'm playing a game through USB Loader GX, the disc drive flashes up periodically, with about 1 or 2 minutes between flashes. I've turned off WiiConnect24 and I don't have any unread messages besides the latest "Today's Accomplishments" but my disc drive still keeps flashing. It doesn't actually flash when the Wii is on standby though, as I've read from others.

Does anyone have a clue what might be causing this?

Last edited by yogafire, May 30, 2019
  2. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight
    Former Staff

France
    I think there is a "flash the LED" option in the loader's settings for emuNAND and neek.
    just disable that option, or don't enable emuNAND not needed.

It shouldn't happen if you play wii games (disc based games) without emuNAND Save feature.
    it should happen if you play a wiiware/VC/neek, or enabled emuNAND save, alongside the "flash led when accessing drive" feature.

if it happens for wii disc based games, without any option set in the loader, try another loader to confirm it's doing it not based on a setting.
    it might be a cIOS modded version you installed which always flash the led on USB access. You might want to reinstall/upgrade your setup.

Last edited by Cyan, May 30, 2019
  3. yogafire

OP yogafire Newbie
    Newcomer

Germany
    Hey Cyan, thanks for your response. I've checked the loader settings and all the LED-related options were already turned off.

I tried another loader next (CFG USB Loader) and playing the same game, the flashing was gone. Upon closer inspection, the flashing I get with USB Loader GX seems to be directly related to USB access. I don't however want to switch to another loader since overall I really like GX's UI. I checked all the loader settings again but there doesn't seem to be an option to disable flashing upon USB access. I also tried to update USB Loader GX from within the app but it said it was already up to date.

Any other ideas or is this just something I'll have to get used to?

4. wpannone

wpannone Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hate to bump a year old thread, but I’m having this exact same issue. I’ve even timed it; the blue disc light flickers every 60 seconds, starting when the virtual console game is loaded. I wanted to see if the OP or anyone else has found a solution?

5. jeannotte

jeannotte GBAtemp Addict

France
    Hello,

What is the version of the loader ??
    Which loader do you use?

If you use usb loader gx ==> prefer version 1271

What usb media are you using (usb stick, external hard drive) ??

RECOMMEND ==> external hard drive in FAT 32

Is your hack up to date, to find out, you can post a syscheck report, by following this guide ==>https://gbatemp.net/threads/posting-a-system-check.300279/

alexander1970 likes this.
  6. moto4mods

moto4mods Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I just wanted to say, this blinking is most likely a "drive indicator light" of sorts. I couldn't tell from context if anybody knew that, but whenever I loaded NSMBWii it would blink rapidly in levels, and little to none in the overworld, never found a way to disable it, but it's a drive access indicator for the drive containing the game currently being played, JIC your SD loading? Or your flash drive/HDD doesn't have an indicator. This was an issue for me when setting up UNEEK+DI, so a buddy of mine ran this Homebrew I never seen, just black screen with scripts running, black screen, done.

Now the indicator light can't be disabled, I'm not sure if it could have been before, but he somehow made it permanent kinda, cause it always blinks in a similar fashion to the light on my HDD.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - flashes, playing, Modded