Modded wii u vs Modded Switch

steve_fox

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Where r u based out of interest… would u potentially solder for me?

My modded wii u is brilliant
All u need to do is power it up and it loads into the custom firmware 🙈😂
The Dive also know as Salisbury UK.

Not looking to solder to someone elses switch, if something goes wrong it would mean having to buy them a new unit which i dont think would happen but will stick to my own gear.

When i did mine i soldered to all of the points on the board in one stage and secured the wires with dabs of silicone thermal glue, labeled them then put the board back in the chassis and routed the wires and then soldered to the Trinket M0, better than soldering each wire at both ends then moving on to the next imo.

This is the thread for the mod chip: https://gbatemp.net/threads/interna...ybitsy-m0-express-guide-files-support.508068/

My switch with wires soldered but still labeled and also the finished job and transparent back on the switch :)
DSC_2259.JPG
IMG_20220503_155119.jpg

steve_fox

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You have to consider the Mario Kart franchise more like a party game than a serious racing game. If you play with the right frame of mind, you'll have fun playing with family and friends. I don't mind losing, as long as I have fun with the people I play with. The game sold amazingly well (47,000,000 copies), so it can't be as bad as you make it sound.
I get where you are coming from there but MK Wii had that fun factor but the game also allows those with skill to consistently do well, the insane over the top weapons mechanics ruins MK8 deluxe.

47,000,000 copies sold does not mean 47,000,000 think the version is good, i am one of that number, i bought MK8 DL for my switch and play MK Wii online on my Wii because its so much better.

MK Wii is hard, there are a lot of very good players on there and almost no crap ones but if you run a good drive you have every chance of winning or at least consistently within the top finishers and not get knocked out constantly, in MK8 DL you will just get smashed again and again and as soon as you claw back your positions you get hit again.

Seriously, you can get to first, get taken out, start moving again and before you even reach full speed you get hit again, then again and again and you are now last and someone who did crap all race wins with a blue shell and a bullet.

A great game has been ruined.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I get where you are coming from there but MK Wii had that fun factor but the game also allows those with skill to consistently do well, the insane over the top weapons mechanics ruins MK8 deluxe.

47,000,000 copies sold does not mean 47,000,000 think the version is good, i am one of that number, i bought MK8 DL for my switch and play MK Wii online on my Wii because its so much better.

MK Wii is hard, there are a lot of very good players on there and almost no crap ones but if you run a good drive you have every chance of winning or at least consistently within the top finishers and not get knocked out constantly, in MK8 DL you will just get smashed again and again and as soon as you claw back your positions you get hit again.

Seriously, you can get to first, get taken out, start moving again and before you even reach full speed you get hit again, then again and again and you are now last and someone who did crap all race wins with a blue shell and a bullet.

A great game has been ruined.
So I get the idea that you're playing to win. Nothing wrong with that, but the game was obviously not designed to give the upper hand to the best player. It's a family friendly game, so even a 7 year-old could win against an adult. There can't be a majority of the 47 million buyers who think the game is bad. Word of mouth would have ruined the reputation of the game and the sales would have plummet. We're living in the internet age. Nothing can remain secret for too long.

Psd99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The Dive also know as Salisbury UK.

Not looking to solder to someone elses switch, if something goes wrong it would mean having to buy them a new unit which i dont think would happen but will stick to my own gear.

When i did mine i soldered to all of the points on the board in one stage and secured the wires with dabs of silicone thermal glue, labeled them then put the board back in the chassis and routed the wires and then soldered to the Trinket M0, better than soldering each wire at both ends then moving on to the next imo.

This is the thread for the mod chip: https://gbatemp.net/threads/interna...ybitsy-m0-express-guide-files-support.508068/

My switch with wires soldered but still labeled and also the finished job and transparent back on the switch :)
View attachment 325111 View attachment 325112

At first glance looked doable…
But having read the forum attached lol
No chance

How much does the chip cost tho?

steve_fox

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
At first glance looked doable…
But having read the forum attached lol
No chance

How much does the chip cost tho?
The Trinket M0 costs around £15 from Aliexpress, there are other boards that are compatible and the RCM X86 board is a fair bit cheaper and uses the same Chip, its compatible and many have used it but the Trinket M0 is the best of the bunch.

Having read the forum no chance? the solder points look big in all the photos, crack open your switch and have a look in the flesh and be prepared to say WTF when you see just how small some of the things are, working with a microscope is essential!!

The side of the board that faces the back of the switch can be used for USB D+ and D-, USB disconnect strap and Ground as there are proper pads on that side of the board for those but for the Vol +, 3.3V and Joycon/RCM strap solder to the side of the board that faces the screen, there are alternate solder points there that are pads and not insanely small components that are begging to be lifted from the board when you try and solder to them.

none of my wires go to components, all are soldered to pads.

Psd99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So whats the deal about a modded switch that says when i check its serial online it says
Potentially patched ‘your firmware outta the box is 4.0.1’

Is that def not moddable?

steve_fox

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So whats the deal about a modded switch that says when i check its serial online it says
Potentially patched ‘your firmware outta the box is 4.0.1’

Is that def not moddable?
V1 can be modded with ease, its a hardware oversight by Nintendo and cannot be patched out with software, essentially if its a V1 it can run CFW.

The mod chip is very simple and basically instead of using a RCM jig and then pushing the payload via the USB socket, it does it all for you with just a press of Power and Vol + as its wired to the Joycon rail and USB and has the payload flashed to it and after it puts the switch in RCM it automatically pushes the payload.

Nintendo brought out the V2 to close the door on the design flaw, access to the tegra CPU's recovery mode.

Look at the model number on the back,
HAC-001 is the V1
HAC-001(-01) is the V2

Psd99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
V1 can be modded with ease, its a hardware oversight by Nintendo and cannot be patched out with software, essentially if its a V1 it can run CFW.

The mod chip is very simple and basically instead of using a RCM jig and then pushing the payload via the USB socket, it does it all for you with just a press of Power and Vol + as its wired to the Joycon rail and USB and has the payload flashed to it and after it puts the switch in RCM it automatically pushes the payload.

Nintendo brought out the V2 to close the door on the design flaw, access to the tegra CPU's recovery mode.

Look at the model number on the back,
HAC-001 is the V1
HAC-001(-01) is the V2

Thanks

I think this model is v2 but double checking
On that
Improved battery life apparently

steve_fox

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks

I think this model is v2 but double checking
On that
Improved battery life apparently
yes, the V2 has a much better battery life and runs cooler but cannot be easily modded.

I have both a V1 and a V2, my V2 gets used nightly for fortnite which i play in handheld mode and my V1 is loaded with a tonne of downloaded roms.

Psd99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok so basically ive been told it is v2 but it looks like a v1 according to what steve wrote

How sure are u that this switch can be modded 100%?

Does it depend on the os version?

Attachments

• 974D0492-AE00-4E47-A889-73DC7893C8E5.jpeg
    974D0492-AE00-4E47-A889-73DC7893C8E5.jpeg
    213.4 KB · Views: 31

steve_fox

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok so basically ive been told it is v2 but it looks like a v1 according to what steve wrote

How sure are u that this switch can be modded 100%?

Does it depend on the os version?
That is a V1 model number, probably a dishonest seller trying to shift a V1 as a V2 thinking its inferior to a V2 lol

Psd99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

User154

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks someone said 50/50
Chance of the console being moddable

Guess we’ll never know

Do u know what the outcome is basically how does one know the console is not moddable? Guessing somewhere during the process u find out
If the serial is in the potentially patched region the only real way to know for sure is to have it in person and try and send a payload. If it sucessfully boots the payload it is moddable, if not it isn't.

Psd99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If the serial is in the potentially patched region the only real way to know for sure is to have it in person and try and send a payload. If it sucessfully boots the payload it is moddable, if not it isn't.

The buyer reckons he kept the console up to date
Is that a drawback? Does it even matter?

Psd99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It is 50/50 chance that it is moddable

That one is going cheap

The one on ebay is like £100+ more easily but that one is 100% moddable

Difficult decision to be made
This is like after messaging over 60 people on fb asking them for a serial number lol rotfl 🤣

User154

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Psd99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you don't mind me asking, how much are you looking to spend?

Theres one here buy it now for £185:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/17539402...njVD2K-QmW&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Thanks that is a good find

I found something today for nearly the same price online but it was one of them red/blue consoles

Hopefully it will be here next week
My 512gb memory card Arrived already

Looking forward or not
To modding my ‘new’ switch lol

Kinda think that the modded wii u
Is still very very good for 2022 👍🙈❤️

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm doing fine, and you?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @AncientBoi, happy birthday