Modded ps3??

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by 4urentertainment, Mar 27, 2009.

Mar 27, 2009

Modded ps3?? by 4urentertainment at 2:05 PM (1,256 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. 4urentertainment
    OP

Member 4urentertainment GBAtemp Regular

Egypt
    I'm really getting tired of all this crap. Everyday some idiot walks up to me and says ,"Hey you were wrong, PS3's can be modded! There's a store in so and so that mods them and you can easily pirate the games!" To which my reply would be ," You're an idiot, no they haven't, not they won't, PERIOD."

So....just to make sure, they haven't modded PS3's right?

2. Link5084

Member Link5084 Sword & Shield at your service

United States
    No, it's impossible right now. Plus even if they did mod it, it would be a HUGE pain in the ass to burn Blu-Ray games since they cost so much and you need a special Blu-Ray burner. Just buy PS3 games used if your saving up money.

3. tomqman

Member tomqman This Is Everyone's Fault But Mine.

United Kingdom
    you can mod ps3 60GB version to play ps2 backups, i think thats about it (maby ps1 backups)

4. 4urentertainment
    OP

Member 4urentertainment GBAtemp Regular

Egypt
    I guess that's what they were talking about.

Still pretty useless though, who would buy a PS3 to play ps2 backups...

5. Link5084

Member Link5084 Sword & Shield at your service

United States
    Exactly. Just get a PS2 to do all that. Were you thinking of using PS3 backups or something?

6. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    GOOD LUCK with PS3 BACKUPS they are BLU RAY 20-50gb disks! and remember even if they had cracked it ...you would still need a BLU RAY burner and the EXTORTIONATELY over priced BLU RAY blank disks!

so far they have found the exploit on how to make ps2 isos boot on 60gb PS3 consoles ... well for now ..no doubt an update will squash/patch that exploit!

they have also figured how to launch simple emulators using swap magic again only works on PS3's that can load PS2 games the 60gb and some older 20gb launch models [​IMG]

7. DaMummy

Member DaMummy GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    you can find bd burners easily for under $100, and bd media has gotten very cheap as well, and very few ps3 games are actually on 20gb bd, even gta4 is less then 15gb