Hacking Modchips or other solutions

Snowpaw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any sort of hack for the 3DS other than a flashcart that will allow me to play either JPN game carts or ROMs of them? I seriously want to play a certain game (Cardfight!! Vanguard: Ride to Victory) but after over a year and a lot of fans (and Bushiroad doesn't have a ton, so it was more like the ENTIRE US FANBASE) clamoring for them to release in English, it hasn't happened. I don't think it's going to. I've considered every option, and I'm going to TRY to find a 4.1-4.5 version 3DS from a used game store in town tomorrow, but I want to know if there are any other options. I'd be fine with trying to get a friend or someone to sell me their old beat up 3DS for cheap and send it out to have it modded. I don't care what it breaks on the system so long as I can play that ONE game. At this point I'm looking at doing exactly that anyway, buying a new system purely so I can play one game, whether it's a flashcart compatible system or a JP 3DSLL off Ebay for a hundred bucks, that's unfortunately where I'm at with this. I wish there was a cart that worked for the 3DS on my firmware version, or I could downgrade, but that's not looking good right now. So, am I stuck with buying a new system AND the game or a flashcart? Or can I get one modified?

Snowpaw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No.

You need a 4.5 3DS and a DS flashcard.

You mean a 4.1-4.5 3DS or 3DSXL and a Gateway flashcard or similar that says it can play 3DS roms specifically. If I just wanted to play a DS game, I have a DSTWO. :P

It's too bad...so much money for either solution.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
You mean a 4.1-4.5 3DS or 3DSXL and a Gateway flashcard or similar that says it can play 3DS roms specifically. If I just wanted to play a DS game, I have a DSTWO. :P

It's too bad...so much money for either solution.

A 4.5 3DS and your DS2 would be enough.

Ryft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No you have to use the DSTwo (or any compatible DS flashcart) to install the exploit that allows you to use the 3DS flashcart (Gateway in this example). DSTwo will not run 3DS games by itself. I think the phrasing of your post made it sound confusing.

If you ONLY want to play DS games on your 3DS, than yes you can use your DSTwo and a 3DS on any firmware. If you want to play 3DS games, you need a new flashcart and a 3DS on 4.1-4.5

Snowpaw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No you have to use the DSTwo (or any compatible DS flashcart) to install the exploit that allows you to use the 3DS flashcart (Gateway in this example). DSTwo will not run 3DS games by itself. I think the phrasing of your post made it sound confusing.

If you ONLY want to play DS games on your 3DS, than yes you can use your DSTwo and a 3DS on any firmware. If you want to play 3DS games, you need a new flashcart and a 3DS on 4.1-4.5

Ok, I get it. So I still need the Gateway to run 3DS games...damnit Nintendo. Why did you have to put regionlock on?!

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I get it. So I still need the Gateway to run 3DS games...damnit Nintendo. Why did you have to put regionlock on?!
If regionlock is your only concern, then your DSTwo can be used to set up emunand, classic mode works without a GW cart, and can play like it's region free. Still need a 4.1-4.5 3DS(XL) though

Ryft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If regionlock is your only concern, then your DSTwo can be used to set up emunand, classic mode works without a GW cart, and can play like it's region free. Still need a 4.1-4.5 3DS(XL) though

He would have to import the game though since classic mode is for using physical carts. Guess that would be fine if he really only wants to play that one game.

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He would have to import the game though since classic mode is for using physical carts. Guess that would be fine if he really only wants to play that one game.
I mean, if it's that important to him. His OP makes it sound that way.

Snowpaw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is. So far the only other use I'd have for a cart that plays roms is to download other JPN games for practicing my Japanese. But right now, I'm not even through Level 1 of Rosetta Stone so I'm far from being able to play games in Japanese. For that, I could play FFXIV and PSO2 in Japanese for free. Really, I just wanna play this one cart. If I can get JUST the 4.5 3DS and use my existing flashcart to enable JPN games, that's fine. I'm already staring down buying that system and a Gateway, or a JPN 3DS off Ebay and the game. Getting the 4.5 3DS and imported game will be cheaper than both of those.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.