Trophies
XP
Country
djdynamite123 said:
QUOTE said:
I like the video's music
yeah someone PM me the title
tongue.gif

It was in the Vista Beta 2 (windows mediaplayer), not sure if it is still in the final Vista Build.

@dread123
Are you speaking about Waninkoko?
AFAIK he is just an kid, so there are not really bills to pay xD

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
what i dont understand is why they even need to use twighlight hack surely they could have made an autoboot disc with everything needed with a little help from waninkoko.

and wtf you need a GC pad to use the update discs
blink.gif
is there any info on what makes this chip a good choice is there anything it can do that my current chip cant?

FRanatic

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
shags said:
Whats the topic, i keep forgeting every time i get to FRanatics avatar.
unsure.gif

Everyone seems to like it but the mods unfortunately...
It got removed today due to violation of the rules. Oh well too bad, it was fun while it lasted
wink.gif

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
News from the Front:

1) They stole my WAD-Channel without my permission (look here..thanks at Nautilart for informing me!!!)...realy annoying...
dry.gif

2)From HackMii:
QUOTE said:
Argon replies
January 12th, 2009 by marcan · 5 Comments

The Argon guy posted a topic on WiiNewz which I can only take as their official response to this matter.

Like everyone has notice MARCAN is acting like a GOD…
He is the only one having the KEY to install homebrew software on 3.4 firmware with a new Exploit. Obviously he doesn’t want to share because he likes to have the POWER.
Whenever someone decide not to share whatever notice or software or other in the homebrew scene, automatically wants to take advantages in every possible way.

MARCAN pretends to obtain the COPYRIGHT on a SYSTEM HACKING. I think it is the first time this is happening in the world.
If he didn’t want his HACK to be used, he should has kept it for himself instead of rendering it to the public on the net, or MARCAN prefers to be the unique person to decide WHO could develop something on the WII HOMEBREW?

ARGON2 is a MODCHIP and it is addressed to whoever need a MODCHIP, not for sure to WHO know and use the HOMEBREW resource, that are free and works without any modchip.
This is clearly described on the ARGONCHANNEL website.

ARGON2 gives a FREE SERVICE to his customers, moreover it allows everyone to download, install in a fast and simple way many HOMEBREW applications.
All this advantages, is to present these fantastic applications on the market.

What’s wrong about this?

We shall dimostrate to GOD MARCAN even without his help, it will be possible to DEVELOP NEW APPLICATIONS and give a FREE SERVICES to our customers; who will be VERY HAPPY using the FREE SOFTWARE. Anyway having the possibility to choose between OUR FREE SYSTEM and the HACKERCHANNEL SYSTEM for EVER.

Technical Infos:
ARGONCHANNEL recieves updates directly from our website and install them like CHANNEL inside the WII.

HACKERCHANNEL doesn’t recieve any automatic updates, the SD CARD is needed and the software doesn’t use the CHANNEL format.

There are two types of systems, I cannot point out which one is better or not, they are simply two different concepts.

I hope now our position is clearer.

It is of note that he broke his own rule of posting controversy in the controversy thread by doing so.

Unfortunately for him, I am not “pretending to obtain” copyright on the Twilight Hack, as I happen to already own that. You know, because the Berne Convention of 1886 automatically grants copyright. It applies to 164 countries.

I considered doing a point-for-point reply to his nonsense, but, well, it’s all rampant nonsense, so there’s little point to that. Let’s just work from the assumption that he’s completely nuts, and if anyone thinks he had any valid points, I’ll be glad to answer them in the comments.

I did send Argon an e-mail asking them to take down the Twilight Hack from their site. Obviously, they haven’t done that, so I’ll turn to notifying their ISP next.

NEWSFLASH: Argon made a valid statement!

I suggest to invest time to “code” new application than vast your time here on ARGON2… sure is more usefull…

Indeed, coding an application is a lot more useful than ‘v‘asting time with their modchip.

And I thought they were incapable of rational thought!

Pff..looks for me like they acting like kiddies...steal things and think they are the best...
rolleyes.gif

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
djdynamite123 said:
oh dear lol, yep that's been on their for a few days now lol, what's your views, cheeky bastards, oh well not much you can do....

Well, like I said before...it looks for me like they acting like kiddies...steal things and think they are the best...
rolleyes.gif
. Well I can't do anything against that...only thing I can do for the Future is to add my name in the banner (although I don't think that more of Channels like THAT will come, and it would look ugly
tongue.gif
). For now, I have to see it positive: Many people like my Channel, even the Argon-Boy
dry.gif

D

Deleted User

Wiisel said:
well if we get an alternative loader channel im all for it as long is its something new and fresh
smile.gif

Don't you realize how unlikely it is that these guys have done ANYTHING "new" or "fresh"? They're thieves and there's not a chance in hell that they're producing their own loader.

FRanatic

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Anyone creating a channel and releasing it should add the following text to the banner:

Argon charged you for this FREE channel !

MrBubbles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FRanatic said:
Anyone creating a channel and releasing it should add the following text to the banner:

Argon charged you for this FREE channel !

THIS. But more like:

"If you paid for any software and got this as an incentive for the purchase, you have been cheated. This software is available online for free".

In fact, there is an SNES emulator on Dreamcast and it even displays that warning.

dottor_male

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Good Idea! And i don't think they're capable of removing the warning...
What a bunch of idiots...

If they wanted to sell things, they should have CODED them!
Why don't they create theyre OWN twilight/wiisport/whatever hack?

(sorry for the grammar, its late and i'm in a hurry)

Phratt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno...

It seems to me, that Argon is selling a modchip that comes with homebrew. They arent selling homebrew, they are selling modchips that come with homebrew.

I may be wrong, but thats the vibe im getting. and If I'm right, I hope marcan leaves them alone as I feel sorry for them...

Dack

Trophies
XP
Country
They are selling a modchip that has a perceived extra value because of the homebrew - hoping to differentiate it from the numerous others out there.

They are trying to make themselves money from it by hoping people buy their chip over others.

Reading the latest posting on hackmii does seem to suggest they have a lack of a grasp of copyright law where they ask Marcan to prove he wrote the Twilight hack.....

CIJC

Trophies
XP
Country
waninkoko deserves the money
smile.gif
last time i checked... he was.. 19? i think thats right lol.

i know one of wiigator's beta testers that had talked to him.
biggrin.gif

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
waninkoko deserves the money last time i checked... he was.. 19? i think thats right lol.
he's 20 like me
tongue.gif

apart from he's a Spanish God, and I'm a British wally that's the difference hehe
frown.gif

This flame is always going to keep going on & on.......why not make money? can't be too short!
he's done a hell of allot for us! like all others!

xoinx

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
maybe just for kicks, someone would get their hands on the argon channel installer, hack the argon serial key verification screen and flood the argon forums with a unlocked ArgonChannel, repackaging it and releasing under a separate name, but not giving creds at all...

FRanatic

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
xoinx said:
maybe just for kicks, someone would get their hands on the argon channel installer, hack the argon serial key verification screen and flood the argon forums with a unlocked ArgonChannel, repackaging it and releasing under a separate name, but not giving creds at all...

I bet marcan will go for this, if the argon guys don't exclude the tp hack from the installer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/5eLWoy0fFkc?si=1vvQ_2zAUlF1ThoD