Modbo 4 installtion help

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by Haugh645, Jul 12, 2011.

Jul 12, 2011

Modbo 4 installtion help by Haugh645 at 11:10 AM (512 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Haugh645
    OP

Newcomer Haugh645 Member

United States
    Hello this is my first time hard modding my ps2. I was wonder is there a easy way of telling that the chip installed correctly ie a menu or a splash screen. Also is there anything that needs changed before hand to play my Japanese imports.

Thanks Josh

2. Armadillo

Member Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    If it's installed correctly you should get a matrix splash screen when you turn it on and when you boot a game there will be a little infinity 1.X under the playstation 2 writing (I think modbo shows 1.99).

Although really you should just test it fully after you are done and before you put it fully back together. As it's possible to get the splash screen, but not have games boot (bios wires soldered correctly, dvd controller points not or wires too long). Auto switching of modes can also be a bit inconsistent if the reset wire is too long.

So best to just check everything before putting back together,rather than just assuming because you see the splash, it's fine.

3. Haugh645
    OP

Newcomer Haugh645 Member

United States
    Thanks for the advice will do that when my modchip arrives.