Hacking [MOD Release] Darkest Dungeon (Check description)

SupermanSnake

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hi all,

This is my first post here and I hope this to be a good one.

I was playing DD for a while now and I wanted to check if there is anything that can be modded, I've searched far and wide and ended up with broken links and a couple of discussions on Reddit. So I decided to create a test MOD. As of now, I am able to mod Vanilla DD.

UPDATE 2:

Great breakthrough Title screen now has something extra. Not gonna jump the gun, but I might be close to modding character skins.

This mod now contains:

- Vanilla Heroes are buffed
- All heroes are able to use ALL 7 skills, including camping skills!!
- Faster combat (animations are noticeable shorter), walking, attack animations, tutorial
- Scout- Ruin 1 mission gives 99,999,999 gold and 100 heirlooms that you can convert.
- BETTER TRINKETS!!!!!! Trinkets don't have negative effects and are useful now.

Here is the link for the MOD: mga.nz/folder/kItXgCgT#xfAgEfwDJba-iAux2U0kYQ

As always repatch is needed for this. Put the file content_patch_13.psarc in:

repatch\PCSE00919

PLEASE IF YOU DOWNLOAD THIS MOD AND HAVE ANY ERRORS, POST HERE WHERE YOU ENCONUTERER! Any feedback is also welcomed. For any questions please contact me on Reddit.

I have to give a shout out to guys from Nexus Mods, they created so many MODS and that I was was able to adopt that to psvita. Also to creators of this guide from which I learned a lot.

steamcommunity id=819597757

p.s My wish is to find a way to convert PNG images that vita is using. If am able to do that I will port character MODS (a couple of my own design) and generally revive MODing for DD. If you have any information about converting please share it with me in PM, so we can keep this read clean.

Last edited by SupermanSnake,

SupermanSnake

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Did you use a new save game? Can you tell me what happened exactly @Nightwinter ?

p.s I am sorry you experience that, I am still working out the ropes. This is not so complicated as is tedious. It requires for every change to always copy the file to vita then test and it goes in circles.

Last edited by SupermanSnake,

Nightwinter

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Did you use a new save game? Can you tell me what happened exactly @Nightwinter ?

Yes, I started a new game and as soon after I finished tutorial, and proceeded to go on a mission, game crashed with C2-12828-1 error. If I delete the mod the error doesnt appear again.

It is your mod, I just installed another one and it works perfect (items stack up to 50, gold stacks up to 100,000 and reduced combat animation only) what would you think its crashing yours?

Last edited by Nightwinter, , Reason: edited

Nightwinter

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I just used (more like merged) the trinkets and hero folders of your psarc, with the mod that does work. Tried both folders with the mod and it did crashed when Embarking, tried Trinket folder and the mod, crashed again. Tried hero folder and mod and Voilà!. Culprit was trinket folder. Maybe the trinkes can't be without a debuff?

Reactions: SupermanSnake

SupermanSnake

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Probably, trinkets are a problem because of DLC. If the only DLC was moddable this would be a piece of cake. Problem is that DLC is taking over priority over the game. That is the problem, it's probably a mismatch. Did you use Total Commander?

Nightwinter

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Yeah, I t
Probably, trinkets are a problem because of DLC. If the only DLC was moddable this would be a piece of cake. Problem is that DLC is taking over priority over the game. That is the problem, it's probably a mismatch. Did you use Total Commander?

Yeah, I thought that. Yes I used it to pack and unpack psarc. First time doing it actually haha. I want to mod the classes and skins as well but I read in reddit that psvita can't mod new files, only pre existent ones?

SupermanSnake

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Well that about to change, that is what it taking my time. Once I complete the process we shall be able to change any image withing the game. Btw can you explain to me how did you manage to get that thing to work? I lost my will to try and fix Total Commander. Btw I am glad that you ware inspired to try and tingle with that

Reactions: Nightwinter

Nightwinter

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Well that about to change, that is what it taking my time. Once I complete the process we shall be able to change any image withing the game. Btw can you explain to me how did you manage to get that thing to work? I lost my will to try and fix Total Commander. Btw I am glad that you ware inspired to try and tingle with that
I hope that you can crack it bro, and regarding TC well I don't know, I just followed the instructions that I found in reddit on how to use it to edit .psarc xD is quite easy tbh

Sent from my SM-A705MN using Tapatalk

SupermanSnake

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Did the same exact thing and I get that error message, even when I change ZLIB compression? Is there a way for you to upload me your TC to check and see if it will work. I am using latest one with plugin. Maybe I am missing something.

Reactions: Nightwinter

Nightwinter

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Did the same exact thing and I get that error message, even when I change ZLIB compression? Is there a way for you to upload me your TC to check and see if it will work. I am using latest one with plugin. Maybe I am missing something.
Which error message? Here is the link of the reddit with the info I followed. Try it cuz I'm at work rn.

SupermanSnake

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Same and it's not working for me. Got that annoying error "Cannot modify psarc files! Please open the TAR file inside the psarc file, and add files to it instead" I tried for like 3 days and nothing. So I just gave up.

Nightwinter

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Same and it's not working for me. Got that annoying error "Cannot modify psarc files! Please open the TAR file inside the psarc file, and add files to it instead" I tried for like 3 days and nothing. So I just gave up.
Aahh, that error! I encountered it too. You have to unpack everything to modify something, you cannot edit one thing only or it's going to rewrite everything in the psarc and leave only what you modified, or at least is what happened to me. After you done modifying just pack everything again and done. If that doesn't work for you, look up on YouTube, maybe? Or let me get home and I'll look up.

Sent from my SM-A705MN using Tapatalk

mikewara

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I just used (more like merged) the trinkets and hero folders of your psarc, with the mod that does work. Tried both folders with the mod and it did crashed when Embarking, tried Trinket folder and the mod, crashed again. Tried hero folder and mod and Voilà!. Culprit was trinket folder. Maybe the trinkes can't be without a debuff?

Hey man, can you please upload this working version of the mod? I've tried using it but it crashes on embark and trinkets seller.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...