Hardware Mod-chips vs. Soft-modding

Tybalt1212

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've done a lot of reading, and people seem to have a lot of success with soft-modding - so what can mod-chips do that soft-mods can't? Is it just a reliability thing? Thanks in advance.

L

lilkerv90210

as far as softmods go... i thunk its mainly a reliability issue.. if you hard mod your console then u dont have to worry about these problems.

if you decide to hard mod your wii i recomind the Drivekey, with this chip u dnt have to worry about sodering anything to your wii

olliepop2000

Trophies
XP
Country
Drivekey and soft mods only allow half reading speeds off backups, whereas proper modchips allow full 6x reading (no slowdown in movies). Depending on your drive type and if you can fit a drivechip use a WiiClip and it will be a doddle.

superbob

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Since you open your console with hardmod (drivekey or modchip) you loose your warranty.
With softmod it depends, if you read this http://hackmii.com/2009/04/warranty/, it's said nintendo make you pay (210€) if you intall softmod and send the console for repair, but it's also said that they (hackmii) will try, with bootmii, to make an undetectable soft mod, so nintendo couldn't see if it's installed or not, and then you would keep your warranty (I'm still wondering how they'll do that ...).
Also hardmod need to open the console, sold things, ... everybody (for ex me) cannot do that. (You can use Drivekey or Wii-Clip stuff but you still need to open the Wii)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/YMAa6obDNZs?si=rymChLKeTdyS8nqk