[Mod] Assigning the Turbo button in HC (Handheld Companion)

tansoftware

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
By default, the Turbo button on the A1 Pro is non-assignable in HC (Handheld Companion).

Here is how to assign the Tubro button on your AOKZOE A1 Pro in Handheld Companion:

Step (1)

Download the RWEverything (RW - Read & Write Utility) from the download page below: (At the time of writing this guide, the latest version is v1.7):
http://rweverything.com/download/

Step (2)

Run the RW - Read & Write Utility and click on "Access" in the top menu and select "Embedded Controller" from the drop down menu :

1689016187133.png

1689016260200.png

Step (3)

Review the Embedded Controller hex grid and change the "Grey" highlighted value in section F0 from "00" to "40" as demonstrated below:

1689016939538.png

That's it... You're all done !!

Note:

Once the value is changed, you can assign the Turbo button on your A1 Pro to a function in HC (Handheld Companion). You need to save these changes before quitting the RW - Read & Write Utility by clicking on the "Disk" icon.

Please note that these changes will only last until your next reboot. If you reboot, the key mapping embedded micro-controller will revert to its default values.

Special thanks goes to @ExCP for putting this guide together.

Enjoy !!

Last edited by tansoftware,

Fastrealm

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hi sir,
When I press the disk button (or F2) it will save "filename.rw / filename.bin". How do I save it to make it permanent and continue to work even after reboot?

tansoftware

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi sir,
When I press the disk button (or F2) it will save "filename.rw / filename.bin". How do I save it to make it permanent and continue to work even after reboot?
As it stands now, unfortunately saving these settings does not permanently retain those modifications. Upon rebooting your A1 Pro, the button mapping micro-controller will revert back to its default key map. In other words, you cannot permanently save those modifications. You need to reapply these modifications every time you reboot your device.

Group events

Site & Scene News

Group statistics

Members:
Threads:
Photos: