Homebrew Official Mocha CFW - The sweet chocolate to your latte!

ItsKipz

l33t hax0r
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've been out of the loop as of late due to the holidays... What does this allow us to do?
Basically, an early equivalent of a CFW for the Wii U, currently allows for booting into patched sysnand and using rednand with fixed SEEPROM/OTP redirecting, meaning that it can be updated safely. If that works, this + CBHC means autobooting into latest FW while still keeping hax on the console itself.

VincentBeasley

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically, an early equivalent of a CFW for the Wii U, currently allows for booting into patched sysnand and using rednand with fixed SEEPROM/OTP redirecting, meaning that it can be updated safely. If that works, this + CBHC means autobooting into latest FW while still keeping hax on the console itself.
I meant more along the lines of what it can actually do. Install any region game to home menu? Maybe homebrew or retroarch to home menu?

ItsKipz

l33t hax0r
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I meant more along the lines of what it can actually do. Install any region game to home menu? Maybe homebrew or retroarch to home menu?
Yep and yep! You can have any game available on the eshop/vc/really any game installed on the home menu, and if you're scared of bricking you can use redNAND to have it be safer.

VincentBeasley

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep and yep! You can have any game available on the eshop/vc/really any game installed on the home menu, and if you're scared of bricking you can use redNAND to have it be safer.
Hmmm nice =] Really the only thing I cant do at the moment is E-shop games so that will be a nice addition. Freedom planet here I come lol. How long does it actually take to auto boot?

Gadorach

Electronics Engineering Technologist
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not sure if I'm the only one having this issue, but whenever I attempt to launch geckiine while running mocha RedNAND, my console locks up. I haven't tried mocha SysNAND yet, but I'd imagine it will happen there as well.

I suspect it's caused by the automatically injected wupserver. I would love an option to disable wupserver injection in the config menu @dimok , or a fix if that's not the problem.

Else, loving Mocha to death, great work. Wish I could contribute too, but I'm specialized in microcontroller programming and haven't touched PPC ASM in about 7 years haha

GinBunBun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so i set cbhc to auto boot mocha and my god.. I LOVE IT!! So before I used cbhc to auto boot a cfw img and when i loaded the homebrew launcher channel it would freeze when i tried to go back to the wii u menu. with mocha it doesnt freeze at all it works perfectly. FUCKING THANK YOU MAN seriously this mocha is sexy as hell.

icw35

Trophies
XP
Country
ok so i set cbhc to auto boot mocha and my god.. I LOVE IT!! So before I used cbhc to auto boot a cfw img and when i loaded the homebrew launcher channel it would freeze when i tried to go back to the wii u menu. with mocha it doesnt freeze at all it works perfectly. FUCKING THANK YOU MAN seriously this mocha is sexy as hell.

So why are you using CBHC (which has its own built in CFW) to boot another CFW? Seems kind of pointless. Hey, but if that's what floats your boat, you go for it.

GinBunBun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So why are you using CBHC (which has its own built in CFW) to boot another CFW? Seems kind of pointless. Hey, but if that's what floats your boat, you go for it.
what? I dont understand what you're saying. Cbhc is not a cfw. I'm using that to auto boot mocha at system startup. I used to use a cfw fw.img and have that auto boot instead but i stopped using that and switched to mocha. I'm not booting mocha inside of another cfw that would be stupid.

C0mm4nd_

Aspirant Wii U homebrew dev :P
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Italy
what? I dont understand what you're saying. Cbhc is not a cfw. I'm using that to auto boot mocha at system startup. I used to use a cfw fw.img and have that auto boot instead but i stopped using that and switched to mocha. I'm not booting mocha inside of another cfw that would be stupid.
Boot system menu = CBHC CFW with patches

icw35

Trophies
XP
Country

Errr...yes it it. Just boot CBHC (latest version). Done. you got sigpatches and FTPiiU support and WUP (I think).

GinBunBun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
then why would cbch have the option to boot mocha instead? And if thats the case how do you auto boot mocha without cbch? Cause if cbch already has sig patches and everything why would it bother having an option for mocha which does the same thing? This makes no sense to me.

Last edited by GinBunBun,

Jojse

Trophies
XP
Country
CBHC IS a cfw, I agree with you, what you're doing is stupid... Why use 2 cfw?

icw35

Trophies
XP
Country

GinBunBun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You better go read this thread. Sounds like you don;t know what you are doing.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/what-is-haxchi-or-cbhc-faqs-and-info.453729/

FIX94 has also said many times he doesn't understand why people are using CBHC to boot mocha and was even thinking about removing that feature.
ok then ill just change cbch to boot the system menu directly.. so.. problem solved. Also I'm not a complete idiot i understand the risks of messing around with coldboot and what not. I just didnt know CBCH also doubled as a cfw so excuse for not knowing that one thing. Is there a way to just auto boot mocha instead?

icw35

Trophies
XP
Country
ok then ill just change cbch to boot the system menu directly.. so.. problem solved. Also I'm not a complete idiot i understand the risks of messing around with coldboot and what not. I just didnt know CBCH also doubled as a cfw so excuse for not knowing that one thing. Is there a way to just auto boot mocha instead?

I didn't say or infer you were a complete idiot so calm down. But you were obviously confused hence all your questions. So yes, you are excused for that :)

Last edited by icw35,

GinBunBun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't say or infer you were a complete idiot so calm down. But you were obviously confused hence all your questions. So yes, you are excused for that, but not for being a dick.
this is why i hate text for speaking. I wasnt being a dick. I didn't mean it to come off that way. I just meant my bad for not knowing and wanted to assure you im not going into this stuff headfirst without caution. I've seen people do that and end up having a bad time. I am sorry you thought i was being a dick.

eroz76

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People use CBHC to autoboot Mocha redNand. There is no reason to use CBHC to boot Mocha without redNand since CBHC is itself a cfw. people get confused and don't read everything correctly and started using CBHC to autoboot plain Mocha cfw (no redNand).

No way to autoboot Mocha or any other cfw without using CBHC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Blues Hog BBQ sauces are pretty good.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My insurance has a thing where if I do a virtual visit they'll just send me a $100 gift card to Walmart I'm about to sell a company my medical history for $100 lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My insurance has a thing called, " Nope, we aren't paying for that." that they like to use on us all the time. Then we play the "Ok we will go to some other insurance company." then they miraculously say ok we will pay for that.
  • The_Dizzy_Vizzy @ The_Dizzy_Vizzy:
    Well look at what the cat dragged in!!!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey, do you feel any older?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No I don't
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, not right now
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 That's my phrase, stop it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your phrase is I'm not drunk
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I feel a discomfort in my throat
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    BigOnYa after a long day.
  • AlbertJulian @ AlbertJulian:
    I got scammed last year by some internet fraudsters who made away with my crypto worth $210,000.I almost lost my life because i was so frustrated and was depressed..5 months ago a friend introduced me to {Assets lab} a crypto recovery company.At first i was very scared because then i was afraid because of the bad experience i had ..Three months ago i decided to contact {Assets lab} and I made my complain to them and they took some information and assured me that they will assist me recover my crypto .. They helped me throughout the process and so far so good they have recovered 95 % of the money that was stolen from me..Today am a happy woman and i will continue to spread the good news.. Contact {Assets lab} for any of your funds lost to scams.. They are the best..Below is their contact informaation Name : ASSETS LAB RECOVERYEmail: [email protected] / Whatsapp: +17126004729Telegram: @Assets_labWebsite: https://lab-assets.tech/
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Reported
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mario kart 8s been out ten years now due for a 9 any time soon
    +1
  • DTApple @ DTApple:
    Maybe in the upcoming Direct?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably saving it for a switch 2 announcement
    +2
  • DTApple @ DTApple:
    Ay!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @DTApple, gonna download the gdevelop app cuz sometimes i don't have the chance to use my pc
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And I also got an idea for another game
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    A rythm space shooter
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Its funny because crypto cannot be recovered, just another one of those Nigerian scams that ask you for a Google Play giftcard.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Xdqwerty, Its funny because crypto cannot be recovered, just another one of those Nigerian...