Project: Melee
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
MLG Announces First 2010 Pro Circuit Details
The 2010 Major League Gaming Pro Circuit is here. We know that you’re as excited as we are to kick off the next chapter of MLG’s storied history. A lot has changed this year, but what won’t ever change is that MLG remains gaming’s ultimate proving ground, where the world’s top pros and talented amateurs battle for the most coveted prize in gaming: The title of MLG Champion.

2010 features some exciting new announcements: The return of fighting games to the Pro Circuit; the addition of MW2 as an official online Pro Circuit Title; the return of Halo with increased stipends for the top players, as well as the return of both the PC Circuit and the EA Sports Challenge Series.

So buckle up, check out the info below, and be sure to stop back in the coming weeks for additional announcements!

Five Cities, Thousands of Competitors, One Dream
The 2010 Pro Circuit will be landing in five cities across the country. There will be four regular season competitions, followed by the National Championships. We’re happy to bring you the first two cities and dates below:

Pro Circuit Stop 1
ESPN Wide World of Sports at Disney World
Orlando, FL
April 16-18

Pro Circuit Stop 2
Columbus Convention Center
Columbus, OH
June 4-6

Stay tuned for the announcement of the remaining three cities and dates!

Return of the King
Halo 3 is entering its third season on the Pro Circuit, and 2010 promises to bring tougher competition than ever. With the addition of the Doritos Pro-Gaming Combine, there will be a total of nine Halo 3 competitions this year – and they all build up to one final showdown at the National Championships.

* Registration for MLG Orlando opens March 16 at 7pm ET
* The top 16 ranked teams overall will hold pro status
* Increased stipends for all pro players
* Over $500,000 in season prizes. Full prize list
* Full integration with the Doritos Pro-Gaming Combine, making a total of nine Halo 3 live competitions in 2010
* The first Halo 3 Online Qualifier will be for MLG Columbus, and will help players boost their seed at all live competitions. Online Qualifier competition starts on March 29. Registration opens March 15.
* More info coming soon!

The Perfect Combo
Tekken 6 for the Playstation 3 will be storming the Pro Circuit in 2010, beginning with MLG Orlando April 16-18. This fast-paced and highly technical fighter will bring together the most skilled competitors from all over the country to see who will emerge victorious in a season-long struggle for dominance.

* Registration for MLG Orlando Opens March 17 at 7pm ET
* The top 16 ranked players overall will earn pro status following the second Live Competition
* Over $60,000 in season prizes. Full prize list
* The first Tekken 6 Online Qualifier will be for MLG Columbus, and will help players boost their seed at all live competitions. Online Qualifier registration opens on March 15, and competition begins on March 29.
* MLG is also making efforts to add Street Fighter IV to the Pro Circuit, and further announcements will be made if there are any developments on this.
* More info coming soon!

An All-Out Brawl
The Super Smash Bros. series is deeply intertwined with MLG’s roots, and we are thrilled to announce that Super Smash Bros. Brawl for the Nintendo Wii will be joining the Pro Circuit in 2010, marking a triumphant return for the franchise. With an intensely devoted fanbase and a fiercely high level of competition, Brawl will undoubtedly find itself right at home alongside the Pro Circuit’s other world-class titles.

* Registration for MLG Orlando Opens March 17 at 7pm ET
* The top 16 ranked players overall will earn pro status following the second Live Competition
* The first Super Smash Bros. Brawl Online Qualifier will be for MLG Columbus, and will help players boost their seed at all live competitions. Online Qualifier registration opens on March 15, and competition begins on March 29.
* More info coming soon!

Answer the Call
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 will be the premiere title of the 2010 MLG Online Pro Circuit. While the game’s lack of LAN lobby proved an insurmountable obstacle to our running a large-scale live competition that meets our standards, we recognize the incredible demand to compete in the game at the highest level. So we will be blowing the doors off of the Online Pro Circuit, putting the spotlight on top teams and players like never before.

* The Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 versions of MW2 will each have separate competitions, each with their own winners and prizes.
* The three Regular Season Online Events will culminate in a live National Championship to take place at one of the Pro Circuit stops.
* Registration for the first 360 and PS3 Online Events opens March 15, and competition begins on March 29.
* The top 8 ranked teams overall for both the 360 and PS3 will earn pro status after the second Online Event
* More info coming soon!

http://www.mlgpro.com/content/page/302153/...Circuit-Details

Start practicing. There's prize money on the line.

Edit: Forgot to include the year 2010 in the title. "MLG Pro Circuit 2010". Mind fixing that up for me? Thanks.

Danny Tanner

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't know what's funnier, the thought of 'competitive brawl' or the thought of the laggy first round online match.

QUOTE said:
fiercely high level of competition

I'm sure most people who've competed in competitive smash before brawl and then after brawl's release would disagree.

Anakir

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol I find Brawl being supported by MLG a joke as well. Melee is just so much better both as a spectator and a player. But that's not what MLG looks for. They look for new games. Regardless how much better Melee is, they'll always take the new game over the old ones.

I'm 100% sure its gonna be campfest for grandfinals. They're gonna do what it takes to win that money prize. Melee for life.

Oh, and I hope someone sakurai-trips in grand finals and cost them thousands of dollars of prize money.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
would be lulz if all the players in MW2 used the tons of glitches

inf care packages, instant nukes, fast motion, ect...

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anything, they should choose Melee for the circuit. It's considered by many to be the overall best SSB game. Brawl has already had some characters blacklisted from competitive play (namely Sonic). They did balance Jigglypuff out so annoying Asian kids can't instant-KO you with Rest.

I went to a MLG convention a while ago. I remember it being boring as fuck. You sit around watching a bunch of nerds play Halo. That's all. There's a few giveaway booths, but nothing exciting. About an hour in my dad and I got so bored that we went to the billiards hall nearby and shot some pool until my brother was ready. I also remember they had Gears of War when I went and there was a small area for Brawl, but I don't think Brawl was competitive.

Seems like an obvious choice of games though. Halo has pretty much been the staple of MLG, Call of Duty is insanely popular for its multiplayer, Brawl (or SSB in general) has always been a highly competitive game, and Tekken rounds it out with your standard fighting game.

Anakir

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
If anything, they should choose Melee for the circuit. It's considered by many to be the overall best SSB game. Brawl has already had some characters blacklisted from competitive play (namely Sonic). They did balance Jigglypuff out so annoying Asian kids can't instant-KO you with Rest.

I agree with Melee being in but read what I said in the topic. It'll explain why Brawl was chosen.

And, I take offense to what you've said (I bolded it). Smash bros, in general, isn't a race-locked game. Go edit out what you have said.
Did you just lose to too many jigs that are asians in the past? I think so.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anakir said:
I agree with Melee being in but read what I said in the topic. It'll explain why Brawl was chosen.

And, I take offense to what you've said (I bolded it). Smash bros, in general, isn't a race-locked game. Go edit out what you have said.
Oh for the love of... Listen, that is just a figure of INTERNET speech, and I feel sorry for you if you can't even take a simple internet stereotype (especially since it's true that quite a bit of Asians are great at video games!). Don't come to the internet expecting people to not type stuff like that (he isn't far off from giving a compliment to Asians congratulating them on their insane gaming skillz either), and don't come to the internet expecting people to change what they type.

On topic: I would actually like to see SSBB there. It would be quite funny to watch a lag fest online, and if they are going for four controllers on console, that would be fun too.
tongue.gif

If I were there, I would be using link/fox. I also don't see why Melee wouldn't make it there either, it makes brawl seem like the characters are standing in one place.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
tekken never seems to cease and i must say, they do pretty well in making their games but when Street fighter comes up with just one game (eg. SF4), it slightly overpowers them
with tht said, i wonder how many ppl would have preferred SF over tekken... other games look good too

Anakir

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sterl500 said:
Anakir said:

Oh for the love of... Listen, that is just a figure of INTERNET speech, and I feel sorry for you if you can't even take a simple internet stereotype (especially since it's true that quite a bit of Asians are great at video games!). Don't come to the internet expecting people to not type stuff like that (he isn't far off from giving a compliment to Asians congratulating them on their insane gaming skillz either), and don't come to the internet expecting people to change what they type.

On topic: I would actually like to see SSBB there. It would be quite funny to watch a lag fest online, and if they are going for four controllers on console, that would be fun too.
tongue.gif

If I were there, I would be using link/fox. I also don't see why Melee wouldn't make it there either, it makes brawl seem like the characters are standing in one place.

You do know there's a ton of white people who play Smash Bros. right? You do know they out number the amount of asians right? Stereotype or not, or even, internet or not, I still find it offensive. I might as well say whites shouldn't play these kind of games and should stick to their FPS because stereotypically, they're not good at these kind of games. But guess what? I leave it out because it is irrelevant and not how I think.

And @ your ontopic. No point in going fox/link for this tournament if you want to win. It's going to be dominated by Diddy, MK, Snakes, and DDDs. Maybe Falcos too.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anakir said:
Guild McCommunist said:

It was humor. Calm down.

Anyway, on topic, any guesses to what may be in the future of MLG, game wise? There's a huge selection of popular fighting games out there that could take Tekken's place, you know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: