MLG Pro Circuit.

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Anakir, Mar 3, 2010.

Mar 3, 2010

MLG Pro Circuit. by Anakir at 2:52 AM (1,282 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. Anakir
    OP

Member Anakir Project: Melee

Canada
    http://www.mlgpro.com/content/page/302153/...Circuit-Details

Start practicing. There's prize money on the line.

Edit: Forgot to include the year 2010 in the title. "MLG Pro Circuit 2010". Mind fixing that up for me? Thanks.

2. Shakraka

Member Shakraka GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States

Last edited by Shakraka, Oct 19, 2015
  3. Danny Tanner

Member Danny Tanner GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I don't know what's funnier, the thought of 'competitive brawl' or the thought of the laggy first round online match.

I'm sure most people who've competed in competitive smash before brawl and then after brawl's release would disagree.

4. Anakir
    OP

Canada
    lol I find Brawl being supported by MLG a joke as well. Melee is just so much better both as a spectator and a player. But that's not what MLG looks for. They look for new games. Regardless how much better Melee is, they'll always take the new game over the old ones.

I'm 100% sure its gonna be campfest for grandfinals. They're gonna do what it takes to win that money prize. Melee for life.

Oh, and I hope someone sakurai-trips in grand finals and cost them thousands of dollars of prize money.

5. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    would be lulz if all the players in MW2 used the tons of glitches

inf care packages, instant nukes, fast motion, ect...

6. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    If anything, they should choose Melee for the circuit. It's considered by many to be the overall best SSB game. Brawl has already had some characters blacklisted from competitive play (namely Sonic). They did balance Jigglypuff out so annoying Asian kids can't instant-KO you with Rest.

I went to a MLG convention a while ago. I remember it being boring as fuck. You sit around watching a bunch of nerds play Halo. That's all. There's a few giveaway booths, but nothing exciting. About an hour in my dad and I got so bored that we went to the billiards hall nearby and shot some pool until my brother was ready. I also remember they had Gears of War when I went and there was a small area for Brawl, but I don't think Brawl was competitive.

Seems like an obvious choice of games though. Halo has pretty much been the staple of MLG, Call of Duty is insanely popular for its multiplayer, Brawl (or SSB in general) has always been a highly competitive game, and Tekken rounds it out with your standard fighting game.

7. Anakir
    OP

Canada
    I agree with Melee being in but read what I said in the topic. It'll explain why Brawl was chosen.

And, I take offense to what you've said (I bolded it). Smash bros, in general, isn't a race-locked game. Go edit out what you have said.
    Did you just lose to too many jigs that are asians in the past? I think so.

8. Sterling

Member Sterling GBAtemp's Silver Hero

United States
    Oh for the love of... Listen, that is just a figure of INTERNET speech, and I feel sorry for you if you can't even take a simple internet stereotype (especially since it's true that quite a bit of Asians are great at video games!). Don't come to the internet expecting people to not type stuff like that (he isn't far off from giving a compliment to Asians congratulating them on their insane gaming skillz either), and don't come to the internet expecting people to change what they type.

On topic: I would actually like to see SSBB there. It would be quite funny to watch a lag fest online, and if they are going for four controllers on console, that would be fun too. [​IMG]
    If I were there, I would be using link/fox. I also don't see why Melee wouldn't make it there either, it makes brawl seem like the characters are standing in one place.

9. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    tekken never seems to cease and i must say, they do pretty well in making their games but when Street fighter comes up with just one game (eg. SF4), it slightly overpowers them
    with tht said, i wonder how many ppl would have preferred SF over tekken... other games look good too

10. Anakir
    OP

Canada
    You do know there's a ton of white people who play Smash Bros. right? You do know they out number the amount of asians right? Stereotype or not, or even, internet or not, I still find it offensive. I might as well say whites shouldn't play these kind of games and should stick to their FPS because stereotypically, they're not good at these kind of games. But guess what? I leave it out because it is irrelevant and not how I think.

And @ your ontopic. No point in going fox/link for this tournament if you want to win. It's going to be dominated by Diddy, MK, Snakes, and DDDs. Maybe Falcos too.

11. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    It was humor. Calm down.

Anyway, on topic, any guesses to what may be in the future of MLG, game wise? There's a huge selection of popular fighting games out there that could take Tekken's place, you know.