Missing shop channel

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Justin2097, Nov 28, 2009.

Nov 28, 2009

Missing shop channel by Justin2097 at 8:48 PM (721 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Justin2097
    OP

Newcomer Justin2097 Newbie

United Kingdom
    Hi everyone.

I followed this guide http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901&st=2835 to update my 3.2e wii to 4.2. Everything worked perfectly. No problems!

I then updated someone else's 4.0e wii, using the same files and guide. Something must've gone wrong that i didn't notice. And now the shop channel is missing. Can i just use wad manager to install the "Shopping Channel-NUS-v18.wad" or will I have to go back and start again?

Another thing, every game/program I quit shows the health and safety warning screen before going back to the system menu. Any ideas what's causing it?

As a note, his wii wouldn't allow bootmii as boot2, so I installed preloader instead.

Thanks in advance.

2. xzxero

Member xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

United States
    you can just install the shopping channel .wad

3. Justin2097
    OP

Newcomer Justin2097 Newbie

United Kingdom
    Great. Thanks.

I remember clicking on the shop channel wad, but it must have had an error and I didn't notice. I should have realised, cos it happened with one of the other wads. I tried it again and it worked the second time. I'll try installing it again tomorrow, as I can't get to the wii at the moment.

After reading some other posts on here, I realise the health screen problem must be due to priiloader being installed. I've never used it myself, so I didn't realise it's a setting in there. I'll take a look tomorrow.