Missing shop channel

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Justin2097, Nov 28, 2009.

1. Justin2097
    OP

Justin2097 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2009
    Hi everyone.

I followed this guide http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901&st=2835 to update my 3.2e wii to 4.2. Everything worked perfectly. No problems!

I then updated someone else's 4.0e wii, using the same files and guide. Something must've gone wrong that i didn't notice. And now the shop channel is missing. Can i just use wad manager to install the "Shopping Channel-NUS-v18.wad" or will I have to go back and start again?

Another thing, every game/program I quit shows the health and safety warning screen before going back to the system menu. Any ideas what's causing it?

As a note, his wii wouldn't allow bootmii as boot2, so I installed preloader instead.

Thanks in advance.

2. xzxero

xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

Jul 18, 2008
    United States
    SB
    you can just install the shopping channel .wad

3. Justin2097
    OP

Justin2097 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2009
    Great. Thanks.

I remember clicking on the shop channel wad, but it must have had an error and I didn't notice. I should have realised, cos it happened with one of the other wads. I tried it again and it worked the second time. I'll try installing it again tomorrow, as I can't get to the wii at the moment.

After reading some other posts on here, I realise the health screen problem must be due to priiloader being installed. I've never used it myself, so I didn't realise it's a setting in there. I'll take a look tomorrow.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice