Hardware Missing resistor or fuse near FPC 2 (main board to left controller board)

smellyg00se

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hey, have a switch lite that was water damaged. Had to replace the charging port (diode mode reads good and charges both ways) and replace the Main board to daughterboard fpc on the main board. (was warped). installation seemingly went fine and all values read as normal except this one. It reads 1.8 when it should be OL.

Now I also seem to notice that my board seems to be missing the resistor circled above. It doesn’t visually seem like it was knocked off when removing the fpc, but i’m probably wrong. couldn’t find any board online without this component.

The switch functions fine all besides some of the left controller’s inputs. I only have the power button installed currently on the daughterboard (no buttons or joysticks yet). The power button, volume +, -, will not function. I know that the flex connecting these boards is 100% functional, and i’m almost certain the left board is fine, yet i have not checked it in diode mode as i don’t know the proper readings.

Now my question, did i knock off this component circled, or is there another reason for this issue? (like a bad soldering job) If so, could anyone provide me with the value of it/ a potential source besides donor board? Thanks!
Post automatically merged:

hmmm… additionally it seems that there are some boards out there without this circled resistor. not sure now. maybe the connector i bought isn’t compatible?? i’m going to connect the other buttons to test, and potentially try another power button flex.

Last edited by smellyg00se,

Conradportelli

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There's definitely a resistor or diode there.. I lost this component as well ... everything works except my left analog stick only goes up and down left and right does not work and I think this is why

amgat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's definitely a resistor or diode there.. I lost this component as well ... everything works except my left analog stick only goes up and down left and right does not work and I think this is why

I have the exact same issue. The resistor you mention is intact however. But the left analog stick only goes in the up and down direction. Did you ever solve the issue with your board?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.