Mios patcher not working?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by flame6753, Apr 9, 2009.

Apr 9, 2009

Mios patcher not working? by flame6753 at 5:44 PM (6,888 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. flame6753
    OP

Newcomer flame6753 Advanced Member

United States
    I'm trying to get the gamecube backup launcher to work, and I have updated and downgraded my Cios countless times and it usually goes flawlessly. I already have a modded Wii, but the only reason I need the backup launcher for gamecube is because I want to use action replay. So, I start up mios patcher, and it stops at Initiating network. Is it because I use a Wii lan adapter? I heard somewhere that in gamecube mode there is no access to USB ports.

2. Zenith94

Member Zenith94 1337 h4x0r f0r t3h w1nz

United States
    I get the same error. Is there a wad for patching mios?

3. flame6753
    OP

United States
    Yeah, there is, but I had to torrent it. However i get a green screen before each game boot from the Disc channel, which i don't want.
    I just want a clean installation from the official Mios patcher. Does anyone know our problem?

4. Hells Guardian

Member Hells Guardian GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    The green screen comes from a region forcing issue in the Patched MIOS. If I'm not mistaken....... I'm not sure it was ever fixed or not..... I don't care about it personally as long as it works and that it does.

5. rudedoggx

Member rudedoggx GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Didn't work for me either, and I was using a LAN Adapter as well. The readme that came with the Gamecube Backup Launcher should have links for the NUS files. Download those, and put them in the correct folders to do an offline installation.

6. Zenith94

United States
    Can you give me a link to the files?

7. Apekop

Member Apekop GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    links not allowed I think. You need to install a cmios first, the run miospatcher.

8. Dialexio

Member Dialexio GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    The MIOS patcher patches MIOS into a cMIOS... He does have a cIOS if that's what you meant. Having a cMIOS beforehand isn't necessary.

Anyways... try doing an SD installation. Place everything in the appropriate folders (/00000001/00000101) for WiiGator's patcher, or use Waninkoko's installer. (Waninkoko's require a MIOS v8 WAD in the ROOT of the SD card.)

9. Zenith94

United States
    ahhhh!!! i dont understand. nevermind iam still on 4.0 any way, once i get back to 3.2 ill try it again thanks anyway

10. flame6753
    OP

United States
    I see. Is there a way I can install the official MIOS again after using the anytitledelete to delete the CMIOS?

11. flame6753
    OP

United States
    I found the solution, it's in this thread.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=137150

You just need to copy the files into the appropriate folders (as said in the thread) and then run mios patcher. This
    solves the green screen issue by downgrading MIOS back to v4, but it still doesn't explain why MIOS patcher online
    installation doesn't work?