ROM Hack Minish Cap Freeshop black screen

BlightZz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I might know an easier fix if you can answer the question if it's an emuNAND or not
Yeah, sorry about that, it's sysnand.
Before you do anything, can you play NDS games? Is there a file called arm9loaderhax_si.bin on your sd card?
I thought there was no way to play NDS games from the SD, I thought the only way was with a flashcart, I'd have to check on the file, gimme a sec

HugaTheFox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I THOUGHT they did, because they did work before, but now they don't, I'm guessing they stopped working after I had a problem with my sd and I had to restore data because it got corrupted.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

About these cleantitles, how do I use them, I see they're CIA, do I use the TWL and AGB with FBI?
Yes

HugaTheFox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I thought there was no way to play NDS games from the SD, I thought the only way was with a flashcart, I'd have to check on the file, gimme a sec
There is. What we are saying tho is that can you play a DS cart or DSIWARE?
EDIT: Anyway. Since you have Sysnand install those TWL and AGB files I posted for your console (Old or New)

Last edited by HugaTheFox,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Alright, that's much more helpful. You most likely just need to install the files posted in this posted earlier in the thread.

BlightZz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
And what about the file I asked about? "Arm9loaderhax_si.bin" Is that on the SD card? If it is, please rename it and remove "_SI" from the file name and then try again.
Yeah I tried using the search function to find it but my computer is sloow and takes forever, mind telling me where it's supposed to be?

HugaTheFox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And what about the file I asked about? "Arm9loaderhax_si.bin" Is that on the SD card? If it is, please rename it and remove "_SI" from the file name and then try again.
The SI is the same. His issue is common and is explained in lumas wiki
I get an auto-shutdown with GBA/DS/DSiWare games
Luma3DS's automatic patching reports when a patch fails, to make it easier to maintain the patches in the future and to prevent unintended consequences. This means that if you installed a pre-patched FIRM which contains the same patches applied by Luma, this will trigger an error (with manifests with an auto-shutdown). You can fix this by reinstalling the clean versions from Nintendo.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The SI is the same. His issue is common and is explained in lumas wiki
I get an auto-shutdown with GBA/DS/DSiWare games
Luma3DS's automatic patching reports when a patch fails, to make it easier to maintain the patches in the future and to prevent unintended consequences. This means that if you installed a pre-patched FIRM which contains the same patches applied by Luma, this will trigger an error (with manifests with an auto-shutdown). You can fix this by reinstalling the clean versions from Nintendo.
Thank you for this information, but I had similar issues that was fixed with my method of renaming the file.:mellow:

BlightZz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The root of the sd card. Where the file belongs. Is the base of the sd card, not inside any folders.
The root of the SD. Its most likely the first file (after the folders)
That's... weird, it's not there. Perhaps it's hidden? Maybe its not showing up because I'm using the system settings microsd management feature?

HugaTheFox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for this information, but I had similar issues that was fixed with my method of renaming the file.:mellow:
Ah okay.

That's... weird, it's not there. Perhaps it's hidden? Maybe its not showing up because I'm using the system settings microsd management feature?
Then thats not the issue.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is probably on the system.... can you start your system without the sd card inserted? If so, the file is on the system and you need something like FBI installer or Godmode9 to find it.

BlightZz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah okay.

Then thats not the issue.
Is probably on the system.... can you start your system without the sd card inserted? If so, the file is on the system and you need something like FBI installer or Godmode9 to find it.
Yup, fixed it, I didn't need to use the cleantitles. The fact that I was missing the arm9loaderhax.bin was the issue. Downloaded it from the luma releases popped it into the root and minish cap booted. Thanks everyone, I wouldn't have even noticed that it wasn't on my sd if it wasn't for you guys

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup, fixed it, I didn't need to use the cleantitles. The fact that I was missing the arm9loaderhax.bin was the issue. Downloaded it from the luma releases popped it into the root and minish cap booted. Thanks everyone, I wouldn't have even noticed that it wasn't on my sd if it wasn't for you guys
Well okay good then. :P

Still you should replace the one on the system as well, the "_SI" in the file name is what caused the problem.

Reactions: HugaTheFox

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/knyBygUiKLI?si=BkBsC-TZ4OrZoiPk