Hacking minimum space for game saves

delboy13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
im new to all this and i have a 2gb card for akecard 2i i wanted to know how much space i should save for game saves on it cheers

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Your usual gamesave is 512kb, so something like 10 games would take up just 5mb of space.

Some games can be a bit bigger like 2mb, but Wario Ware D.I.Y. in particular is a unique case of a 32mb gamesave.

You should try and leave some space on any microSD card anyway, keeping memory too full will impact performance.

mathyuowns

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
If you worried about Size Buy a dstt read its review about save games ill explain briefly
Like any other flashcard the DSTT is that it does not have any sort of battery for retaining saves what-so-ever. When you save a game in-game the save is automatically written to the MicroSD card then and there, rather than be temporarily stored to an onboard chip to be written to the MicroSD next time you boot up the DSTT. This cuts out the middleman so to speak and speeds things up considerably. On the EZ-Flash V you would have to wait some time before each game loaded for the last save to written to your MicroSD and the new game’s save to be retrieved from the MicroSD and written to the onboard chip. Not having these load times made a night and day difference.

Using this brilliant save system also means you will never lose a save game, which can happen to other flashcards that have a drained onboard battery.

Infinite Zero

Almost!
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
mathyuowns said:
If you worried about Size Buy a dstt read its review about save games ill explain briefly
Like any other flashcard the DSTT is that it does not have any sort of battery for retaining saves what-so-ever. When you save a game in-game the save is automatically written to the MicroSD card then and there, rather than be temporarily stored to an onboard chip to be written to the MicroSD next time you boot up the DSTT. This cuts out the middleman so to speak and speeds things up considerably. On the EZ-Flash V you would have to wait some time before each game loaded for the last save to written to your MicroSD and the new game’s save to be retrieved from the MicroSD and written to the onboard chip. Not having these load times made a night and day difference.

Using this brilliant save system also means you will never lose a save game, which can happen to other flashcards that have a drained onboard battery.
what the fuck are you talking about comparing it to the EZ FLash V? care to share where you got all those "facts?"

mathyuowns

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Infinite Zero said:
mathyuowns said:

what the fuck are you talking about comparing it to the EZ FLash V? care to share where you got all those "facts?"

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=69748
heres a Video I made for you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVk4vENObiI

Masked Ranger

Trophies
XP
Country
That post does NOTHING to help the OP answer his/her question. The OP already has an AceKard, and you bring up DSTT and EZ-Flash? WTF?!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c