minimum space for game saves

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by delboy13, Nov 19, 2010.

Nov 19, 2010
  1. delboy13
    OP

Newcomer delboy13 Newbie

United Kingdom
    im new to all this and i have a 2gb card for akecard 2i i wanted to know how much space i should save for game saves on it cheers

2. RupeeClock

Member RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

United Kingdom
    Your usual gamesave is 512kb, so something like 10 games would take up just 5mb of space.

Some games can be a bit bigger like 2mb, but Wario Ware D.I.Y. in particular is a unique case of a 32mb gamesave.

You should try and leave some space on any microSD card anyway, keeping memory too full will impact performance.

3. mathyuowns

Banned mathyuowns Banned

Australia
    If you worried about Size Buy a dstt read its review about save games ill explain briefly
    Like any other flashcard the DSTT is that it does not have any sort of battery for retaining saves what-so-ever. When you save a game in-game the save is automatically written to the MicroSD card then and there, rather than be temporarily stored to an onboard chip to be written to the MicroSD next time you boot up the DSTT. This cuts out the middleman so to speak and speeds things up considerably. On the EZ-Flash V you would have to wait some time before each game loaded for the last save to written to your MicroSD and the new game’s save to be retrieved from the MicroSD and written to the onboard chip. Not having these load times made a night and day difference.

Using this brilliant save system also means you will never lose a save game, which can happen to other flashcards that have a drained onboard battery.

4. Infinite Zero

Member Infinite Zero Almost!

United States
    what the fuck are you talking about comparing it to the EZ FLash V? care to share where you got all those "facts?"

5. mathyuowns

Banned mathyuowns Banned

Australia
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=69748
    heres a Video I made for you
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVk4vENObiI

6. Masked Ranger

Member Masked Ranger GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Antarctica
    That post does NOTHING to help the OP answer his/her question. The OP already has an AceKard, and you bring up DSTT and EZ-Flash? WTF?!

7. Ryukouki

Member Ryukouki See you later, guys.

United States
    He's a troll. Don't feed him.