JPdensetsu

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Taiwan
"
The Wii mini console does not connect to the Internet and does not support online features in games.
Compatible with Wii software and accessories. Internet connectivity features are not available.
The Wii mini console is not compatible with Nintendo GameCube Game Discs or accessories."

Forget it Nintendo.

Reactions: Presto99

kingcolex

Joe "Coop" Cooper
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"
The Wii mini console does not connect to the Internet and does not support online features in games.
Compatible with Wii software and accessories. Internet connectivity features are not available.
The Wii mini console is not compatible with Nintendo GameCube Game Discs or accessories."

Forget it Nintendo.
Nintendo feeling the heat from Ouya? Sending out a subpar product that no one will want to play Mario kart or Smash bro's on because the lack of a gamecube controller.

Reactions: JPdensetsu

Presto99

You slammin, bro?
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
So I don't think anyone has mentioned yet-- It doesn't support GC, and it doesn't have WiFi, and I'm pretty sure you can't do wired internet. The changes are drastic enough that I wonder whether or not it's running a slightly different Wii Menu...and if it's lacking USB ports, it would definitely seal the deal of NOT getting it. It could be neat, but it seems like it's missing important features and I'd want to USB load most likely.... I don't really care, as I got an original Wii for $20, but just wondering.

Supercool330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It sounds like it doesn't have an SD card slot or USB ports in addition to not having a network connection. I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't have a System Menu either (or at least had a very different one) since most of the stuff on the sysmenu is worthless without an internet connection (except the Mii channel). I doubt this Wii will be hackable since there is no way to put anything on it (like a game save) except for the disk drive.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What it should be: No Disc Wii, with retail games sold online.
What it is: Wii disc only, with no internet or online shop support, maybe we dont have even an USB port.
Agree. I was hoping (knowing it wasn't) that was the case. I was so hoping to see mods of the former.

Maybe someday.

I wouldn't by a non-wifi console in this day and age, but that's just me.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Has one use: For the back seat of my car. Provided it can SD load at least. I think it will have an SD slot, otherwise there would be no way at all to get saves off it, such as if someone bought one and then upgraded to the Wii U.

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On NIntendo's website, it says "Compatible with 1,300+ Wii games" and when you click the image, it takes you to a list of Wii games. One of the games is a VC title. If it has no internet or SD slot, how would you play a VC title on it?

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
On NIntendo's website, it says "Compatible with 1,300+ Wii games" and when you click the image, it takes you to a list of Wii games. One of the games is a VC title. If it has no internet or SD slot, how would you play a VC title on it?

I wonder if the lack of online connectivity is just because it has no WiFi hardware, because if that is the case, and the Wii Mini still has USB ports, there the option of using the LAN adapter is still there.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WE SHALL CALL IT...
Dr-Evil.jpg
MINI MII.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Speaking of PLaystation. I see Evilnat put out a beta for PS3 CFW 4.91.2 on the 22nd.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't really see the point in updating it tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right, I thought about updating my PS3 CFW to 4.91, but why really, everything plays fine now. I guess for people that have already updated past 4.9 it would be helpful.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Idk if online servers are still active that would be my only thought
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't play it online at all, in fact, I deleted all wifi details on it once I installed CFW, so it won't connect and auto-update itself
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I don't play it online at all, in fact, I deleted all wifi details on it once I installed CFW...