MIni(-based) KErnel Preview One (aka MIKE p1))

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Jacobeian, Jun 10, 2009.

Jun 10, 2009
  1. Jacobeian
    OP

Member Jacobeian GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Cuba
    http://www.gc-linux.org/wiki/MINI:KernelPreviewOne

Still a preview with some restrictions but definitively an interesting project

2. Blue-K

Member Blue-K No right of appeal.

Switzerland
    Great, realy awesome [​IMG], especially the USB2.0 Part, and that you can use it with Whiite-based Distros...but I'll wait for a nice other GUI than WhiiteLinux...I'm not that happy with it [​IMG].

But I can't wait for a nice, optimized Linux for Wii. Big Step forward, again [​IMG]!!!

3. drmarvin

Member drmarvin GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    The question is, has anyone had any luck getting this thing going? I worked on it for about an hour, followed the instructions to a tee, and all I get is crashing when directly booted, and return to bootmii menu when run from the menu. I really want to be able to play with this. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

4. cwstjdenobs

Member cwstjdenobs Sodomy non sapiens

United Kingdom

5. Jacobeian
    OP

Member Jacobeian GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Cuba
    Also note it does not work with the current MINI provided with BootMi v2, you need to compile MINI (armboot.bin) from its sourcecode in git repository (I still didn't succeed in doing that though [​IMG] )

6. drmarvin

Canada
    I used the armboot.bin that they provided there (it's supposed to work, but didn't for me). The only thing I haven't tried is the hex editing of the boot options. I just want to play with it so homefully they can make it more generic, especially since the Wii has standardized hardware.

7. kavid

Member kavid GBAtemp Advanced Fan

China
    good ,very nice.

8. drmarvin

Canada
    Has anyone tried using the compiled armboot.bin instead of the one for download on the site? Does that work better? All I get is a boot error when set to autoboot, and nothing when launched from the menu. Hopefully this gets some real progress. Could also mean that porting XBMC to the Wii may make great strides soon too.

Thanks for all the work.

9. WiiThoko

Member WiiThoko GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Sorry for the noobish question, but could this possibly have wireless internet support, not just wired (LAN) someday?

10. drmarvin

Canada
    I assume they will try to get all possible hardward functioning. That's pretty much the point. Then they can start to have Linux Embedded apps. Hopefully some new stuff soon.