Gaming minecraft old pc help with getting better fps?

Tizm

JESSE, WE GOT TO COOK!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have an old laptop with a gma 950(i know old.) and a core duo(32bit core 2 duo)
the minimum specs for minecraft is a gma 950, and my desktop just died yesterday, and I don't have the money right now to fix it.
any chance one of you could help me?

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Drop to the lowest possible settings, not much you can do since Minecraft is one most poorly optimized games ever. Also, you should get things like Optifine and things like that. It should help a bit. There's also other mods that should help, so you need mods.

Also, what happened to your desktop?

Last edited by DKB,

Tizm

JESSE, WE GOT TO COOK!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
theres a mod pack called minecraft tweaker, that works really well i now have 40-50 fps in windowed mode without changing res, but a mod should lock this, and sticky a thread that had game fps helping packages, that would benefit a lot.

Drop to the lowest possible settings, not much you can do since Minecraft is one most poorly optimized games ever. Also, you should get things like Optifine and things like that. It should help a bit. There's also other mods that should help, so you need mods.

Also, what happened to your desktop?
my power supply died sadly, and i don't have money to fix it.

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should just save up for a gaming PC. If you don't have much money I would recommend getting something like the Alienware Alpha. Mine runs Minecraft at 120 fps on the highest video settings. Just make sure you uninstall all the shovelware that Dell and Intel install on your computer and all of Windows's keylogger and useless background apps bullshit. Like seriously, when my Alienware first came it was using 30% of its memory at a stand still.

Tizm

JESSE, WE GOT TO COOK!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You should just save up for a gaming PC. If you don't have much money I would recommend getting something like the Alienware Alpha. Mine runs Minecraft at 120 fps on the highest video settings. Just make sure you uninstall all the shovelware that Dell and Intel install on your computer and all of Windows's keylogger and useless background apps bullshit. Like seriously, when my Alienware first came it was using 30% of its memory at a stand still.
I thought i already wrote, i built my gaming pc, but my psu died, and i don't have the money right now to buy a new one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)