DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everybody, it's been a long while since we ever got a solid modification to the game Minecraft - New Nintendo 3DS Edition. For some time now people have been trying to figure out a way to load custom texture packs and what not into the game, however many have hit some road blocks due to the way the game handles resource packs. I have personally examined the game at great lengths to figure out what makes these things tick the way they do, and I am happy to say that I got the results I was looking for. Due to said results, I was able to make a texture modification to the game of my own, however the process of which was indeed time consuming to say the least and it does carry some difficulties.

NOTE:
This is a work in progress project, which means graphical related issues and what not may occur when using these packs during gameplay. Progress and fixes will occur as time goes on, so please have some patience.

Request:
Please DO NOT upload my work present here in other locations. I update these contents from time to time with fixes and such, and it would just be easier if everything was just well kept in one location, that way nobody has to deal with being stuck downloading older forms of my contents from other locations, and makes it easier for me so I don't get reports of issues for stuff likely going or is already fixed with a more up to date version of said content(s). If you have issues with the contents provided, just post them here in the thread and I'll look into them. Thank you.

MC-NN3DSE (v1.9.19) - Vanilla (v1.10.X)
Resolution: 16x16

MC-NN3DSE-v1-9-19-Vanilla-v1-10-X-Textures-1.png
MC-NN3DSE-v1-9-19-Vanilla-v1-10-X-Textures-2.png
Port
By: DeadSkullzJr

Original Textures
By: Mojang
MC-NN3DSE (v1.9.19) - Vanilla (v1.17.X)

MC-NN3DSE-v1-9-19-Vanilla-v1-17-X-Textures-1.png
MC-NN3DSE-v1-9-19-Vanilla-v1-17-X-Textures-2.png
Port

Original Textures
By: Mojang
MC-NN3DSE (v1.9.19) - Minetroid (r16)

MC-NN3DSE-v1-9-19-Minetroid-r16-Textures-1.png
MC-NN3DSE-v1-9-19-Minetroid-r16-Textures-2.png
Port

Original Textures
By: Dr_Tizzle

Modified and Extra Textures
MC-NN3DSE (v1.9.19) - Bare Bones (v1.1.1)

MC-NN3DSE-v1-9-19-Bare-Bones-v1-1-1-Textures-1.png
MC-NN3DSE-v1-9-19-Bare-Bones-v1-1-1-Textures-2.png
Port

Original Textures
By: RobotPantaloons

MC-NN3DSE (v1.9.19) - Faithful (v1.17)
Resolution: 32x32

MC-NN3DSE-v1-9-19-Faithful-v1-17-Textures-1.png
MC-NN3DSE-v1-9-19-Faithful-v1-17-Textures-2.png
Port

Original Textures
By: Alexey Krainev

Unavailable at this current time.
MC-NN3DSE (v1.9.19) - The Wind Waker Edition (v1.17.X)

MC-NN3DSE-v1-9-19-The-Wind-Waker-Edition-v1-17-X-Textures-1.png
MC-NN3DSE-v1-9-19-The-Wind-Waker-Edition-v1-17-X-Textures-2.png
Port

Original Textures
By: Pavlovs_Walrus

Last edited by DeadSkullzJr,

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This looks really cool! Are there full instructions on how to hack MC N3DS Edition? I really want this texture pack but i haven't hacked MC N3DS yet so im kinda confused lol. Overall, love your work man!
Well I put the patch method instructions in the readme document in my texture pack upload (simple xdelta patch method), the secondary options is just the layeredFS method, which all you have to do is stick the 00040000001B8700 folder into the following place:
SD Root:/luma/titles

Make sure game patching is enabled via the luma configurations.

Reminder it's for the base game, NOT using updates. The idea was just to start small before advancing.

NoahHomebrewer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you need to do the patch? Or is that optional and I can just put the title ID file in luma/titles? Also, this does work on N3ds right? I can't do the patch due to the fact that xdelta is being a pain

Last edited by NoahHomebrewer,

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you need to do the patch? Or is that optional and I can just put the title ID file in luma/titles? Also, this does work on N3ds right? I can't do the patch due to the fact that xdelta is being a pain
When I meant patch, I meant the Minecraft 1.9 update. The texture pack was made for the base of the game only, I didn't make it for the latest version of the game (starting small first). The xdelta patch is for those that want the changes to be permanent to their ROM, the LayeredFS method isn't permanent, the changes are essentially loaded as an overlay on the game. You don't need both to make it work, it's either one or the other.

Reactions: PokeNev

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so you are saying that the update wont work even if you use the LayeredFS Method?
I am saying if you apply the 1.9 update to the game, the texture pack I did will get replaced with the vanilla textures from the 1.9 update. I have to move my work to the update itself in order for it to stay. LayeredFS is essentially a file system overlay for the title you are running, the update for the game is separate from the game itself, and because of the way update information is handled, I would need to make the texture changes to the update ROM itself and not the game. Since the texture pack is for the game itself, that means if you use any update for the game, the vanilla textures from the update ROMs will override any changes made to the game itself.

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lmao...how about some newer versions of the game lol...since they stopped updating it where they did
I am not sure if this was a joke or what, but one, this thread is about texture modifications, and two, that's easier said than done. We don't have any form of documentation to go off of in terms if updating anything for the game, not to mention Bedrock Edition code isn't open source (1.9.19 is the last build of Pocket Edition), we don't have the man power for that kind of stuff to just do something like this.

Sometimes I wonder how this can roll off the tips of people's fingers so easily without the physical possibilities and difficulties taken into consideration lol.

NoahHomebrewer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i put the title id folder in luma/titles and when i booted a minecraft world, the textures were wack. for example, sand was blue wool, grass was moss stone and etc. could you make it simpler for me to understand? considering idfk what im doing and i have never done something like this. and to make is work, i need to delete the update?

EDIT: So what you are saying is that it wont work with the minecraft update, correct? i just need a yes or no answer

Last edited by NoahHomebrewer,

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i put the title id folder in luma/titles and when i booted a minecraft world, the textures were wack. for example, sand was blue wool, grass was moss stone and etc. could you make it simpler for me to understand? considering idfk what im doing and i have never done something like this. and to make is work, i need to delete the update?

EDIT: So what you are saying is that it wont work with the minecraft update, correct? i just need a yes or no answer
You are making it way more complicated than it needs to be lol. No it will not work with the update.

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh ok, thats understandable,

i had thought it wouldn't take alot of time but i guess i was wrong
Well you have to consider some facts:
- Special software is needed to access the 3dst files, which means you can't make multiple edits at once using imaging software, you have to do things individually. Not to mention you can't bulk extract 3dst files with the current tools.
- The images inside the 3dst files are upside down, which means you need to do some manual labor for each block so it meets those requirements, flipping isn't too hard to do, but having to import custom work makes it harder because those have to be flipped too, so extra processes per block.
- Positioning on the atlas is one of the harder things to cover considering you aren't given a neat little table containing boxes for each item to sit in (I had to make templates of my own to keep the positioning right).
- Making sure the textures work, while sure one can be confident they changed the right places, that doesn't necessarily mean the altered textures will work right out of the box, lots of testing is needed, both emulation or real hardware testing.

Considering there are hundreds of textures to go through, that's not something you can just whizz through, not to mention you'll wear your hand out a little bit.

Reactions: NoahHomebrewer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
    AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78: Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit...