ROM Hack Question Minecraft Mods?

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know if i can install mods like Orespawn on the Switch Minecraft?
Nearly every single Minecraft mod is made for the legacy java edition which is only on PC, MacOS, and Linux. The version Switch version (known as the bedrock version) has very limited mod support at the moment with very few existing

FightingPolygon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nearly every single Minecraft mod is made for the legacy java edition which is only on PC, MacOS, and Linux. The version Switch version (known as the bedrock version) has very limited mod support at the moment with very few existing
And these few bedrock edition mods... Can I and how do I install them on the Switch?

Kotomine Kirei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the Bedrock Edition, I think that quite a few of the Pocket Edition mods are compatible (the Bedrock Edition is the Pocket Edition, if I am correct).
You have to install them in your save file, if I remember correctly.
There are several sites with those mods, but I am not sure which of the sites are good or not.

".mcpack" seems to be the file extension for Pocket Edition mods.
They are archive files, I think, and they can be opened with a file archive program, if you ever need to edit any mods.

There are a few different types of mods:
Behavior packs (gameplay mods?).
Resource packs (texture/model mods?).
Skin packs (player character skin mods).

I think that you might have to install the mods according to their type, but it seems that most Pocket Edition mod makers do not explain how to install their mods or which types they are.

Try to think about whether or not the Switch will be able to run the mods that you want to use.
Most texture packs are too much for it, and they will cause your game to become sluggish and/or crash (32x32 packs seem to be okay, but nothing above that).
You should also try to find mods that match the game's update version (or at least a version that is close to it).

Anyway, the mods that do exist for the Pocket Edition are sort of simple.
There are a few helpful ones, but most of them are not that great, in my opinion.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the Bedrock Edition, I think that quite a few of the Pocket Edition mods are compatible (the Bedrock Edition is the Pocket Edition, if I am correct).
You have to install them in your save file, if I remember correctly.
There are several sites with those mods, but I am not sure which of the sites are good or not.

".mcpack" seems to be the file extension for Pocket Edition mods.
They are archive files, I think, and they can be opened with a file archive program, if you ever need to edit any mods.

There are a few different types of mods:
Behavior packs (gameplay mods?).
Resource packs (texture/model mods?).
Skin packs (player character skin mods).

I think that you might have to install the mods according to their type, but it seems that most Pocket Edition mod makers do not explain how to install their mods or which types they are.

Try to think about whether or not the Switch will be able to run the mods that you want to use.
Most texture packs are too much for it, and they will cause your game to become sluggish and/or crash (32x32 packs seem to be okay, but nothing above that).
You should also try to find mods that match the game's update version (or at least a version that is close to it).

Anyway, the mods that do exist for the Pocket Edition are sort of simple.
There are a few helpful ones, but most of them are not that great, in my opinion.
Most of those mods as far as I know were made for versions of pocket edition from years ago prior to that edition getting ported to other systems

Kotomine Kirei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most of those mods as far as I know were made for versions of pocket edition from years ago prior to that edition getting ported to other systems

Well, the sites that I went to were originally for the Pocket Edition, but several of the mods seem to have been updated or created to support the latest Bedrock Edition versions.

Last edited by Kotomine Kirei,

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, the sites that I went to were originally for the Pocket Edition, but several of the mods seem to have been updated or created to support the latest Bedrock Edition versions.
huh news to me then again I play the bedrock version like once every 5 months Im still a legacy java player

Reactions: Kotomine Kirei

cesard11

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm actually trying to install mods, and they do go under the "behavior packs" n the save file of the world itself.
However, when I try to load them on the switch, there's no option to load them, they only appear under the behavior packs section but it's disabled and can't actually be enabled.
Has anyone found any way around this? It would be very nice to have addons for hacked consoles, as they can't go into realms because of online restrictions.
Thank you

cesard11

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm actually trying to install mods, and they do go under the "behavior packs" n the save file of the world itself.
However, when I try to load them on the switch, there's no option to load them, they only appear under the behavior packs section but it's disabled and can't actually be enabled.
Has anyone found any way around this? It would be very nice to have addons for hacked consoles, as they can't go into realms because of online restrictions.
Thank you

cesard11

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thank you

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm actually trying to install mods using checkpoint, and they do go under the "behavior packs" n the save file of the world itself.
Thank you

Millqa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
I can't install Minecraft mods and I don't know the reason. By the way, I adore Minecraft and have been playing it since it appeared. This is the only game that I can play for a long time without paying attention to time and what is happening around me. And I'm glad I recently found premium hosting as ggservers at a very affordable price. This way, I can improve my server and make it more attractive to players. I wonder if you log in to someone else's servers or do you have your own?

Last edited by Millqa,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4