Minecraft is digging into the Wii U eShop

Minecraft-Earth-banner_6804147_lrg.jpg

It is official folks! Minecraft for Wii U has been announced today and will even feature off screen play! It comes on the eShop December 17th, and will cost 29.99USD.

We’ll have more to share on Minecraft: Wii U Edition closer to its release. Looking forward to welcoming you to the world of Minecraft, Nintendo fans!

The game will feature off-TV play, so players can keep their games going on the screen of the Wii U GamePad controller if another family member wants to watch something else on TV. The game also comes with some of the most popular current Minecraft add-on content packs:

• Battle & Beasts Skin Pack
  • Battle & Beasts 2 Skin Pack
  • Natural Texture Pack
  • City Texture Pack
  • Fantasy Texture Pack
  • Festive Mash-up Pack
“With so many included add-on content packs, Minecraft: Wii U Edition brings an exciting collection of Minecraft content and experiences to Nintendo fans,” said Reggie Fils-Aime, Nintendo of America’s President and COO. “Wii U players will have plenty of reasons to keep coming back to this iconic gaming experience.”

In addition to the content that comes with the game, players will also be able to expand their experience with 16 additional add-on packs available for purchase within the Nintendo eShop at launch:

1. Festive Skin Pack
2. The Simpsons Skin Pack
3. Doctor Who Skins Volume 1
4. Doctor Who Skins Volume 2
5. Star Wars Classic Skin Pack
6. Star Wars Rebels Skin Pack
7. Star Wars Prequel Skin Pack
8. Mass Effect Mash-up Pack
9. Skyrim Mash-up Pack
10. Plastic Texture Pack
11. Candy Texture Pack
12. Cartoon Texture Pack
13. Steampunk Texture Pack
14. Pattern Texture Pack
15. Greek Mythology Mash-up Pack
16. Halloween 2015 Mash-up Pack
More add-on packs will also be available for the game in the future.

:arrow:Source

Last edited by BurningDesire,

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
last time a Nintendo employee spoke without permission of things inside the company was fired ... that happened just few months ago...
Surely this guy is putting his face but words are from Reggie ...

again
pegi was discovered, direct happened and no words
Why ?
"too late is second name of wiiu"
I don't think this is someone leaking information, this is his job. he never spoke as if he was the president of Nintendo, but again, most people don't know it was him who said it.

Reactions: BurningDesire

Xuman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a wife, brother and niece so getting this for the local coop is fine.

Personally, I think its good to have for the variety (and ninty love) but if it were just for me, I have no need.

Besides, xenoblade is the only game im playing for a long time

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Next is Minecraft for 3DS please
I would actually buy that simply because of the portability. No chance in hell I'm buying it for the Wii U. Any PC from 2005 or past can run it, so you get the advantage of a cheaper price, mods, more people will play it, no capture card needed to record it, and any other advantages pc gaming gives you.

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welp, if this wasn't underwhelming enough already this port wont even be using the gamepad, which was the only thing that might make this redeemable.

loco365

Trophies
XP
Welp, if this wasn't underwhelming enough already this port wont even be using the gamepad, which was the only thing that might make this redeemable.
Um, yes it will. It supports off-TV mode, so it has to support the gamepad no matter what.

Also I hope that Mojang will make it free for any preexisting owners similar to what they did with the Windows 10 version. I'll probably snap up a code and put it into my account.

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um, yes it will. It supports off-TV mode, so it has to support the gamepad no matter what.

Also I hope that Mojang will make it free for any preexisting owners similar to what they did with the Windows 10 version. I'll probably snap up a code and put it into my account.
It only supports the gamepad for off tv play, no use of it for inventory management or anything else.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
No Sphax BDcraft texture pack (one of the most popular texturepacks of all time), no touchscreen crafting, no custom skins... As much as I want it, I think I'll pass on the Wii u version.

Meteor7

Guess where this thumb goes.
Trophies
a fit of spasms and accidental black magic
XP
Country
United States
I saw my friends playing Minecraft tons of times, yet I still can't understand what's so good about it... :(

Someone should really link me to a very quick and good review.

Check JonTron's Minecraft video. I'd link you, but I'm on my phone. Even if it doesn't make you interested in Minecraft, you'll probably enjoy the video.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay