www.smealum.net
XP
Country
United States
Bmcs said:
How about a Big Sun?
biggrin.gif

And another different moon:

I actually fixed the sun and moon this morning; I made them a little bit bigger and I fixed the transparency problem, it looks much better now.
smile.gif

Anyway, to beta testers : I just uploaded a new version for you to test. I put the link on lucasade's workspace (too lazy to send you all a PM again) so... yeah. Let me know what you think. There's a lot of new stuff, but one thing you should notice is I included the world generator in the archive, you can just run it directly to create a 1024*1024 world (by default) or run the .bat I included to get a 512*512. Do note that loading can be long for 1024*1024 (especially on cards with FAT32 formatting), so no need to worry if it's not as fast as 512*512.
Also, just remembered I wanted to deactivate debug stuff before uploading this, but I forgot and I'm tired, so too bad.
tongue.gif

Bmcs

Trophies
XP
Country
Nice!
biggrin.gif

Downloading now!

Oh, and i hope you don't mind about my "modifications", it's just for fun
biggrin.gif

EDIT: 1st impression....WOW!!!!

1st question for discussion, who agrees with me that maybe if the menus switch time at the same time, would be nicer? Like, day on both screens and night on both?

Now, about the technical stuff:

Touch Screen:

It's perfect, BUT, only when moving the stylus slowly, if, for some reason, we move the stylus to fast, the screen becomes unresponsive. However, due to the fact that this game is to be played slowly and with calm, that is not a problem. And about the buttons, just perfect, super responsive and they work with a smooth touch (unlike the previous version).

Main Menu:

Man, you're crazy, what you did there, just awesome!! Nothing against, it's perfect!

Gameplay:

Now for the game itself, it's so much different from the previous version, i mean, everything (and i mean everything) works like a charm and always smooth....
The problems with the torches, puff, they're gone. The clouds problem, gone! The water is just great (that animation works like a charm) and the same goes for the spread system....

Overall:

PERFECT!
biggrin.gif

Bugs gone (at least the ones from previous version)!
New stuff!
Great Main Menu!
Awesome work! Good job!

Sir_Voe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I may not be able to test on my DSTwo right now, but I gave it a try with my sudokuhax enabled DSi and can confirm that it is incompatable with that boot method. The world select list shows up blank. Wasn't really expecting it to work anyways, but it killed some time
biggrin.gif
. The new title screen looks great though, and the sun and moon are looking sharp.

Kakukon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I want to play it now! XD
when you think it will come a open beta?? i cant wait any more :3
only with the description of Bmcs, the game sounds awesome!!
i love everything of this game...

IDaNL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@smealum i don't get it where is lucasade's workspace?

EDIT: ok, i hopefully found lucasade's workspace, but now i don't have the permission:(
EDIT2: yes i am still a beta tester. For if you are wondering:)
EDIT3: smealum send the link to me thanks:)

Sir_Voe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rummaging around in the basement I found a Digital cam & USB cable, so I'm back in business! Really enjoying this new beta, and will report back any bugs I may find.
I hesitated to add Sudokuhax to the compatability list on the workspace as I'm not sure it really fit in, but if you guys think it belongs the specifics are:

DSi Sudokuhax - HBMenu - Not working

Now, to put everything back in the basement where I found it
ph34r.gif

BreafingBread

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Bmcs said:
Nice!
biggrin.gif

Downloading now!

Oh, and i hope you don't mind about my "modifications", it's just for fun
biggrin.gif

EDIT: 1st impression....WOW!!!!

1st question for discussion, who agrees with me that maybe if the menus switch time at the same time, would be nicer? Like, day on both screens and night on both?

Now, about the technical stuff:

Touch Screen:

It's perfect, BUT, only when moving the stylus slowly, if, for some reason, we move the stylus to fast, the screen becomes unresponsive. However, due to the fact that this game is to be played slowly and with calm, that is not a problem. And about the buttons, just perfect, super responsive and they work with a smooth touch (unlike the previous version).

Main Menu:

Man, you're crazy, what you did there, just awesome!! Nothing against, it's perfect!

Gameplay:

Now for the game itself, it's so much different from the previous version, i mean, everything (and i mean everything) works like a charm and always smooth....
The problems with the torches, puff, they're gone. The clouds problem, gone! The water is just great (that animation works like a charm) and the same goes for the spread system....

Overall:

PERFECT!
biggrin.gif

New stuff!
Great Main Menu!
Awesome work! Good job!

You just came here to make me jelly of not having the new version.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
BreafingBread said:
Bmcs said:
Nice!
biggrin.gif

.......Overall:

PERFECT!
biggrin.gif

New stuff!
Great Main Menu!
Awesome work! Good job!
You just came here to make me jelly of not having the new version.
Same here - & I didn't even get the chance of getting the original DEMO when it was first posted (even though I was offered the DEMO later I wanted to wait for the proper release)

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
The original, buggy as hell demo that was first released awhile ago is still around and about. It really isn't worth playing though. It is pretty far back from how far the project has come thus far.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Pretty much every bug from the last beta has been squashed as far as I can tell. Everything is smooth, blocks are no longer see through while close enough. Fantastic stuff. I love the texture pack support too. I forgot the name of the one I'm using, but it makes everything look oh so nice.

When you hit start, the game quits out to the main menu (I saved first thankfully). Is it still creating the stat file? I just don't feel like hooking in my MicroSD card at this point to see if one was made. Or are we still aiming for those, or more just going for general bug reports now?

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
...the sun in those pics up there are actually scary... it looks like it's gonna fall any time soon.

on that note, how about fragmented moon? kinda like on Planet of the Apes or something... i just think with moon that big in the sky, seeing it broken and fragmented would be... awesome/weird.

FnFa8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
After following this thread and the work being done since the start, I finally decided that was time I say something.
Since I don't have anything to add or contribute to the development I'll just leave two remarks:

1. I thing that "smealum" should only concentrate on completing the version he originally started.
Any addition and enhancements should go on more advanced (enhanced) versions.
This way he can put out something that we can play.
By we, I'm referring to the everybody waiting and desperate to play DSCraft.

2. I can't even start to praise "smealum" enough!!!
"smealum" you are an amazing developer.
Thank you very much for the jewel you are about to give the DS Homebrew.

IDaNL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have created a GUI for the Map Generator.
biggrin.gif
may i Publish it without the Map generator itself. only a readme.txt and the gui?

Bmcs

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok

Not sure if all the beta testers tried the new version, but i think i may have found a bug.

I made kind of a temple, a big thing, and everything went good, but, i saved and quit the game, and when i went to play it again, i noticed that were some weird blocks on the structure that wasn't there before...i tried to change between textures and didn't solve it, no matter how texture pack i use, the blocks are there. This is hard to explain, but i'll try to do it, the problem with the blocks is that they become darker and form a straight line (it's not shadow from torches, i used some torches and i thought that was the problem, but i removed them and the problem remain), also i thought the problem was shadows from some holes that were there, but i closed every hole and didn't help, i even closed the all temple (it had some holes in it for the light to enter), but the problem persists...

Now, one thing i noticed is that, i'm pretty sure that the problem has something to do with the sun light, because, the darker blocks move from the outside of the temple to the inside of it as soon as the sun passes to the other side of the temple....but then again, it also happens at night, so, i'm not sure

Some images:

Below, an image with the temple all closed, and no torches at all...

Below, the temple all closed, view from the inside...

TheDreamLord

Trophies
Website
darkraino1.zymichost.com
XP
Country
Bmcs said:
Ok

Not sure if all the beta testers tried the new version, but i think i may have found a bug.

I made kind of a temple, a big thing, and everything went good, but, i saved and quit the game, and when i went to play it again, i noticed that were some weird blocks on the structure that wasn't there before...i tried to change between textures and didn't solve it, no matter how texture pack i use, the blocks are there. This is hard to explain, but i'll try to do it, the problem with the blocks is that they become darker and form a straight line (it's not shadow from torches, i used some torches and i thought that was the problem, but i removed them and the problem remain), also i thought the problem was shadows from some holes that were there, but i closed every hole and didn't help, i even closed the all temple (it had some holes in it for the light to enter), but the problem persists...

Now, one thing i noticed is that, i'm pretty sure that the problem has something to do with the sun light, because, the darker blocks move from the outside of the temple to the inside of it as soon as the sun passes to the other side of the temple....but then again, it also happens at night, so, i'm not sure

Some images:

Below, an image with the temple all closed, and no torches at all...

Below, the temple all closed, view from the inside...

Interesting. Also is that a different texture pack? What is it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like baby rays, my favorite is KC masterpiece tho. Figured all you could buy is that there.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Baby Rays isn't that what killed the crocodile hunter?
    If only he had done an endorsement for them....
    Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits you right in the chest!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    My phone only has 13% battery so i don't have much time left
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Now 12%
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday, btw
    Time is running out for your phone!
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    https://youtu.be/JmSqorj-EC0?si=vYqR8D7FZeO4N-TH
    At 1 AM, this video is the funniest thing in the world
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Notes on Android got some cool new features like dropping a image in
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Notes on Android got some cool new features like dropping a image in