Minecraft 1.1 is out

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
"Nobody is forcing you to post in this thread, or even read it."

I seriously hate that comment. No shit nobody is forcing me, it doesn't mean that I can't voice my opinion. Not every comment in a thread has to be "yay! i love this game!"

Well then, please explain to us what you came to say.
I think you'll find your response comes under a form of trolling. This is a gaming forum and this news is a hell of lot more relevant than some other news certain people (who I shall not name) have been posting recently. Also, if you hate Minecraft so much I'd stay away from the internet if I were you; you might go slightly mad as that little green block is waiting for you around every corner.

OT: Finally! Jeb fixed the ladders! Hopefully this means that you wont die if you fall on them. :D

So I dislike the game, post in a thread saying I don't understand what's appealing about it, and it's trolling? K.

:facepalm: Are you stupid or something? Why the hell would you come into a thread and make the effort to post if it were to only say something negative about the game which is completely irrelevant? Especially as this is an UPDATE thread, if you want to go complain about one of ( / the?) most popular games of all time then go post it in some official Minecraft thread rather than wasting the internet's space with worthless troll posts.

Are you serious? So everybody can post in a thread, as long as they like it and post only good things. But nobody is allowed to say they dislike something? Why am I not allowed to say that? It's on topic, it's about the game, but because it's not positive I'm not allowed to post it?

Your post was ON TOPIC? Did you seriously just say that? You said "I fucking hate this game, I seriously don't see the appeal in it.". How is that related to an UPDATE (seriously, actually read my posts rather than reply with the same thing)? Sure, it'd be fine if you posted something negative about the update (note that word) eg
"I don't like the fact he removed the ladder collision box, now I can't stand on them!"
But saying "I fucking hate Minecraft trololo" is NOT on topic. Just because it has the word Minecraft in it, doesn't mean it's on topic. Heck, the word Minecraft is everywhere these days but it doesn't give trolls like you an excuse to go posting that you don't like it in every thread you see.

Minecraft is popular. Deal with it and don't go disrupting everyone else's conversations just because YOU don't happen to like the game. It's selfish.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you serious? So everybody can post in a thread, as long as they like it and post only good things. But nobody is allowed to say they dislike something? Why am I not allowed to say that? It's on topic, it's about the game, but because it's not positive I'm not allowed to post it?

---

I hate it even more when everybody sees a post that's negative and automatically goes "troll". I also really hate it when people aren't capable of accepting negative posts towards something they like.
Look, the way you said it is making people jump on your ass. So you dislike the game, okay. However, "I fucking hate this game" is an incredibly strong statement.

"I seriously don't see the appeal in it." That's fine too, but what you said before is just way too strong. Coupled with the fact that you're complaining about seeing update posts does make you seem a bit whiny. It's the USN dude, and I do think these update posts are justified.

Reactions: 2 people

boombox

Trophies
XP
Country

I seriously hate that comment. No shit nobody is forcing me, it doesn't mean that I can't voice my opinion. Not every comment in a thread has to be "yay! i love this game!"

I think you'll find your response comes under a form of trolling. This is a gaming forum and this news is a hell of lot more relevant than some other news certain people (who I shall not name) have been posting recently. Also, if you hate Minecraft so much I'd stay away from the internet if I were you; you might go slightly mad as that little green block is waiting for you around every corner.

OT: Finally! Jeb fixed the ladders! Hopefully this means that you wont die if you fall on them. :D

So I dislike the game, post in a thread saying I don't understand what's appealing about it, and it's trolling? K.

:facepalm: Are you stupid or something? Why the hell would you come into a thread and make the effort to post if it were to only say something negative about the game which is completely irrelevant? Especially as this is an UPDATE thread, if you want to go complain about one of ( / the?) most popular games of all time then go post it in some official Minecraft thread rather than wasting the internet's space with worthless troll posts.

I reaaaaly hate it when people take something they hate, search for it, and comment
I hate it even more when everybody sees a post that's negative and automatically goes "troll". I also really hate it when people aren't capable of accepting negative posts towards something they like.
Negative input is alright..if you have a reason why you don't like it..just saying 'man this game is shit brah' makes you look like a fucking tool, in fact just looking at your quote on quote replies are just embarrassing mate. best to just shut up - really.

Reactions: 5 people

ficarra1002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I reaaaaly hate it when people take something they hate, search for it, and comment
So if I go to youtube, and type in "Country music" and comment on every video "I fucking hate country music, I can't understand why you guys like it", that's not trolling? You SOUGHT OUT a thread about minecraft and said "I fucking hate this game". You are not submitting an opinion, you are raging about the fact people like a game that you do not. Then you back it up by saying "All I said was I don't get why people like it", when that's not even what you said. You said you fucking hate it. You don't need to say "Fucking" to voice an opinion also btw.

Reactions: 4 people

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought this was about the update :mellow:

Anyway, the update does seem kinda small, but it has some nice things that I like.

The only thing I hate about it is that I now have to wait till bukkit is updated :(

Reactions: 2 people

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I fucking hate this game, I seriously don't see the appeal in it. Also, are we going to get new threads everytime a new update for this game comes out? :/
When I was little, I had a cat. He was kept as an indoor cat, so naturally he was rather curious about any place in the house he hadn't been yet. He'd get into all sorts of places, sometimes it was cute, sometimes it was annoying. Well, one time my dad was doing laundry... he opened the dryer when it was almost done to toss some socks in, and turned around. Well the cat thought of it as a nice warm new place, so he hopped into the dryer! My dad, unaware of the cat's presence, tossed the rest of the socks in, closed the door, started the dryer, and walked away. Well, a few moments later we both heard this "bum-bump-MREOW!" sound over and over, rushed to the dryer, and opened it. My cat ran out of the dryer and down the hall faster than I've ever seen him run. He was fine physically (other than looking like a giant fluffball), and I found him hiding under my bed.

Well, for the rest of his life, that cat avoided the dryer. Whenever he walked down the hallway that had it, he stayed to the opposite side of the wall. When I tried carrying him near the dryer, it was like carrying him near the bathtub. He knew that he was not fond of his experiences with the dryer, and so, in his mind, he knew that the best way to avoid a repeat of the unpleasant encounter was to simply not go near the dryer.

The point of the story? My cat learned to avoid things he didn't like. I hope that, as a human, you show the same learning capacity.

It's fine to give your opinion on a game, but stating that there should be no threads in USN about updates for a game YOU personally don't likw is going too far. The world does not revolve around you.

Reactions: 3 people

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, to get back on topic from ShadowSoldier being a whining arse...

The first two dev builds of Bukkit are out (1713 and 1714). Ran these on my server with a whole slew of addons, and it wouldn't work. The world generator TerrainControl wasn't loading correctly, which was preventing DimensionDoor from loading. Upon logging in, world doesn't load, and you fall into the void.

Let's see what is ACTUALLY causing this. My friends would like to play. I wonder when the 1.1 update is gonna trickle down to Spoutcraft...

Edit:

EDIT: Damn typos. Misplaced an S more than once...
I found another one, man :P Hint - you replaced an 'e' with a 'w'

Edit - TerrainControl makes DimensionDoor error out, but Spout (even the most recent Dev build) is what was causing the world to not load. For now, I'll hold off on updating my server to 1.1 until Spoutcraft updates to 1.1.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.