Mind control via the internet. Yup apparently its real

yusuo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok so apparently humanity has taken a huge step forward today and managed mind control just by thought, and doing it via the internet.

Using electrical brain recordings and a form of magnetic stimulation, Rajesh Rao sent a brain signal to Andrea Stocco on the other side of the Washington University campus, causing Stocco’s finger to move on a keyboard.

Their intentions in doing this are to help the severely disabled communicate more efficiently, but seriously come on who wouldn't be tempted to mess someone up or perhaps covertly get an individual to kill themselves all from thousands of miles away.

Spooky, thoughts?

Better source
http://news.cnet.com/8301-11386_3-5...hand-in-first-human-brain-to-brain-interface/

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok so apparently humanity has taken a huge step forward today and managed mind control just by thought, and doing it via the internet.

Their intentions in doing this are to help the severely disabled communicate more efficiently, but seriously come on who wouldn't be tempted to mess someone up or perhaps covertly get an individual to kill themselves all from thousands of miles away.

Spooky, thoughts?

So I could possibly control a troll with my mind, and make him/her hurt themselves?

838.jpg

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Yeah, all you have to do is trick them into wearing some complex apparatus on their head that lets someone else control their body, and you can make them do whatever you want.

Reactions: Phoenix Goddess

yusuo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, all you have to do is trick them into wearing some complex apparatus on their head that lets someone else control their body, and you can make them do whatever you want.

And how long till they make it wireless and smaller, in 30 years mobile phones have gone from giant not really practical devices to well they were tiny at one point and still are to a degree (built into watches) If the money and market is there it could be disastrous

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
It does require those electrode hats though, so no need for tinfoil caps just yet. If you do ever need one though, there's always this site: http://zapatopi.net/afdb/
Tinfoil hats actually increase the efficiency of certain wavelengths :ph34r: It's a trap! :ohnoes:

And how long till they make it wireless and smaller, in 30 years mobile phones have gone from giant not really practical devices to well they were tiny at one point and still are to a degree (built into watches) If the money and market is there it could be disastrous
The need for a sufficiently strong magnetic field hampers the miniaturisation a bit. And it will still be a device one would have to wear on or around your head. Either that or someone will develop a way of shaping electromagnetic fields at a distance, but with that technology you won't need mind control to rule the world.

I get it, this is scary stuff. On one hand it can give us functional telepathy. On the other hand, it can turn us into remote controlled meat puppets. But with so many things already influencing our "free will" and pulling us along like the pink fleshy robots that we are, this is just another thing to throw on the pile. I would argue the internet already controls a lot of people even without the fancy headgear.

Wanna see something spooky? Modulated microwaves can make you hear voices inside your head. Magnets affect our moral judgement. The voices inside your head will tell you to kick puppies, and the magnets will convince you it was the rational thing to do (or excuse others for doing it). Think about that the next time you forgive someone; have you been holding your mobile phone too close to your moral compas? Galvanic vestibular stimulation can steer you like a remote controlled car, and your brain will tell you it was your own decision. Oh, and Sony can project sensory experiences into your brain using ultrasound, and for all we know, they're doing it right now via your surround system.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Tinfoil hats actually increase the efficiency of certain wavelengths :ph34r: It's a trap! :ohnoes:

The need for a sufficiently strong magnetic field hampers the miniaturisation a bit. And it will still be a device one would have to wear on or around your head. Either that or someone will develop a way of shaping electromagnetic fields at a distance, but with that technology you won't need mind control to rule the world.

I get it, this is scary stuff. On one hand it can give us functional telepathy. On the other hand, it can turn us into remote controlled meat puppets. But with so many things already influencing our "free will" and pulling us along like the pink fleshy robots that we are, this is just another thing to throw on the pile. I would argue the internet already controls a lot of people even without the fancy headgear.

Wanna see something spooky? Modulated microwaves can make you hear voices inside your head. Magnets affect our moral judgement. The voices inside your head will tell you to kick puppies, and the magnets will convince you it was the rational thing to do (or excuse others for doing it). Think about that the next time you forgive someone; have you been holding your mobile phone too close to your moral compas? Galvanic vestibular stimulation can steer you like a remote controlled car, and your brain will tell you it was your own decision. Oh, and Sony can project sensory experiences into your brain using ultrasound, and for all we know, they're doing it right now via your surround system.
Fucking magnets, how do they work.

yusuo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

And that sir is how you make a valid point, you are quite right, it could be argued that subliminal marketing in many first world countries is used to subtly control our thought patterns and in turn may define our very personalities e.g. cute video game characters (pokemon) mass marketed and metaphorically shoved into a childs face continuously may convince them that they need this product and in turn may possibly influence them into becoming a hardcore gamer in later life. Obviously this is completely hypothetical and there are many contributing factors but marketing is a huge part of our society and does play a role in how many live their lives.

D

Deleted-236924

Is that why I keep accidentally clicking the left/right click mouse buttons when I'm holding my mouse?
Like I have my index and middle fingers on the left and right buttons, then sometimes I can't help it and my finger clicks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-