Hacking MiiWii

bubba16

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
any reason why my original gc games don't work after installing cmios rv 8 wad? my gc backups work fine 1:1 also the multi disc but when I load a original the wii seems to shut off/loose signal with the tv but the green power light remains on? its a ntsc wii and the game is also a ntsc original wii originals work great also the backups of those

berrrtie

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm also getting the Bad Hash error on my friends virgin 3.1E

I've tried using the ISO/CISO downgrader as suggested by D-Jay.. but all that happens is the Wii restarts.
I'm assuming the above method is for 3.3 down to 3.2.

Is there another way of upgrading to 3.2 so i may continue the installation?

jojo130194

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,
Can we install the cIOS rev09 if we've already installed the last version of MiiWii, or must we uninstall MiiWii to install the cIOS rev09 ?

D-Jay

High rulez
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
jojo130194 said:
Hello,
Can we install the cIOS rev09 if we've already installed the last version of MiiWii, or must we uninstall MiiWii to install the cIOS rev09 ?

Just install it

ekolimits

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
D-Jay said:
ekolimits said:
does mii wii support 4.0 yet?
can it do cioscorp on 4.0?
i am a softmii guy but i have been looking at mii wii...

i know that preloader .29 is out and just want cioscorp to be out for 4.0 before i update to 4.0 from 3.2U

I'm hot working on the new MiiWii 0.6.0 for FW4.0

so cioscorp will be supported on 4.0 soon?
because i've seen people with cios60 but i read reports that it wont help you

bubbasj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do I uninstall miiwii? I can't run gamecube originals anymore and I afraid it might get worse please reply d-jay

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
bubbasj said:
how do I uninstall miiwii? I can't run gamecube originals anymore and I afraid it might get worse please reply d-jay
did you install the region free gamecube games hack in preloader/starfall?
uninstall it if you have (I mean the hack)

bubbasj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool thanks for the reply! how could I change the settings on starfall and preloader? also how would that patch affect originals? thanks so much!!!

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
bubbasj said:
tj_cool thanks for the reply! how could I change the settings on starfall and preloader? also how would that patch affect originals? thanks so much!!!
run starfall (from the homebrew channel) or preloader (hold reset while booting the wii)
you should be able to disable the hack then
it has a bug in it preventing ALL gc games to work

bubbasj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
starfall installed correctly but now when I try to run it through the hbc I get a error isfs seek failed error 101 please help!! how do I just remove everything and start over? especially starfall!

andrewhan4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
bubbasj said:
starfall installed correctly but now when I try to run it through the hbc I get a error isfs seek failed error 101 please help!! how do I just remove everything and start over? especially starfall!

I take it your on System Menu 3.2 as you installed starfall

Read the guide from the beginning when you choose your options for the setup type choose "Homebrew Channel is Installed, Firmware 3.2 is Available" follow each step and ensure you follow step 3, this will install system menu 3.2 again which will effectively remove any starfall hacks

If your not on System Menu 3.2 (Check your Wii settings page) then follow the guide for "Homebrew Channel is Installed, Firmware 3.2 is not Available", this takes you though installing System Menu 3.2 via Any Region Changer which will again remove any starfall hacks - unless you choose to install them during the install of System Menu 3.2 in Any Region Changer, but if you follow the guide you shouldn't do this, starfall gets installed later.

Edit:
hmm according to this thread you maybe getting that error in starfall if you've also got preloader installed - http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=126682&st=0

bubbasj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
andrewhan4 thanks!! now I got a better understanding of the problem and I won't make that mistake again!!I installed 289. wad and it cleared all the problems up with gamecube games but if I wanted to remove "miiwii" how would I do that? I get a error from miiwii uninstaller does it require wifi acess? thanks for your help and time!!

andrewhan4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not sure what the uninstaller does as i'm not near my wii at the moment and the manual doesn't give much away at the moment.

It maybe trying to download files from the Nintendo update service so that would need wifi enabled.

Other methods you could use:

Accept Nintendos update, you can do this via the wii settings. Not the best way to uninstall but as long as you've got HBC and ios 249 installed before you do the update you can downgrade if you need to in future.

Another method is to use Waninkokos IOS Downgrader (not the CIOS Downgrader), this will download and install IOS's from Nintendos Update Service (these still have the trucha bug which is useful), you can then use Any Region Changer or the System Menu wad to install System Menu 3.2.

You may also want to run the MiiWii Preinstall if you installed Preloader, this will remove the hacks.ini file, do this after you've done the uninstall

Venom_Tag

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can I use Usb loader 1.1 with MiiWii ?
And great work on MiiWii DJay
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users