Hacking MiiWii

LewieP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I got it working, thanks.

I seem to be unable to boot either Pikmin Wii, or HOTD: Overkill.

They both show up fine in the disc channel, but just go to a black screen after clicking "Start".

Any suggestions?

What files do I need to leave on the SD Card?

and finally, before I installed this, I had it so that not health screen came up when booting the console, but during set up of MiiWii, it seems to have come back. How can I make it go straight to the System Menu again?

Thanks.

D-Jay

High rulez
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ZoR3oL said:
I have the problem of "bash bad" again when i want to downgrade with ARC Offline...
I have redownload the MiiWii package but i have this error .....

I test with English Version and German Version....

Nobody to help me?I know about this problem existing on some Wiis and I'm working on it.
You can try the follwing steps:

Use CIOS Uninstaller 1.0 / 1.1 (try both) and retry ARC. If that does not work and your Wii is online, use IOS Downgrader and CIOS Downgrader and skip ARC step.

QUOTE(LewieP @ Mar 27 2009, 12:18 AM) Well, I got it working, thanks.

They both show up fine in the disc channel, but just go to a black screen after clicking "Start".

Any suggestions?

and finally, before I installed this, I had it so that not health screen came up when booting the console, but during set up of MiiWii, it seems to have come back. How can I make it go straight to the System Menu again?

Thanks.
Pikmin Wii is works. I tried it on several Wiis, NTSC and PAL.
I'm not sure about HOTD. Is it NTSC?

If you use a formatted SD card for the MiiWii package, you can remove all directories. If you don't want to use the custom bootscreen, just format your SD card again or remove it from your Wii.

D-Jay

High rulez
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
LewieP said:
I have a PAL wii, HOTD is NTSC, Pikmin is PAL.

I thought so.

You can try the workaround I wrote on the first page to get NTSC games work.

Or: Patching it to PAL should always work for the most games

ZoR3oL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
D-Jay said:
ZoR3oL said:
I have the problem of "bash bad" again when i want to downgrade with ARC Offline...

Nobody to help me?I know about this problem existing on some Wiis and I'm working on it.

Use CIOS Uninstaller 1.0 / 1.1 (try both) and retry ARC. If that does not work and your Wii is online, use IOS Downgrader and CIOS Downgrader and skip ARC step.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

If you use a formatted SD card for the MiiWii package, you can remove all directories. If you don't want to use the custom bootscreen, just format your SD card again or remove it from your Wii.

I have tried your solution but still have this error...... and i don't have wifi to downgrade
frown.gif

Before i install WiiMii, I installed CIOSPACKV1 to extend my compatibility of my Wii Games.
Maybe it's due to this, can you confirm to me?

ZoR3oL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ZoR3oL said:
D-Jay said:
ZoR3oL said:

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

I have tried your solution but still have this error...... and i don't have wifi to downgrade
frown.gif

Before i install WiiMii, I installed CIOSPACKV1 to extend my compatibility of my Wii Games.
Maybe it's due to this, can you confirm to me?

I Have successfully install the MiiWii package after an online Downgrade !
Thanks for your help

feidhlim1986

Trophies
XP
Country
I look forward to MiiWii for Wii 4.0. So many threads about cioscorp/preloader/backups/help me I updated/rushing to install new hacks. I'm happy to sit back, relax, and wait until those who know what they're doing get on with it. And I cant be tempted to update to 4.0 cos my Wii is in the Nintendo workshop to fix the SSBB - Dirty Lens issue......if they update me to 4.0 without asking me I will be annoyed
tongue.gif

Again, keep up the awesome work D-Jay.

D-Jay

High rulez
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
feidhlim1986 said:
I look forward to MiiWii for Wii 4.0. So many threads about cioscorp/preloader/backups/help me I updated/rushing to install new hacks. I'm happy to sit back, relax, and wait until those who know what they're doing get on with it. And I cant be tempted to update to 4.0 cos my Wii is in the Nintendo workshop to fix the SSBB - Dirty Lens issue......if they update me to 4.0 without asking me I will be annoyed
tongue.gif

Again, keep up the awesome work D-Jay.

Be sure, if the most parts will work with 4.0, the MiiWii package will be released for 4.0, too.
One still for 3.2 and one for 4.0

But I want to tell: Guys, please be patient and come down. There are some good guys working on solutions for 4.0. Don't install some stuff just for saying "Hey, I'm on 4.0". 3.2 works!
I think, you now what I'm talking about.

Matrix21

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi D-Jay, firstly, thanks for a great package.

Now on to the bad news, it seems I have a Wii with a black screen on boot.

I was on Version 3.4e. Followed your instructions to the word and all went well and got to installing starfall when the Wii remote decided to stop working. No big deal I thought and rebooted, only to see a black screen.

The disk spins up, then nothing, not even the health screen.

Seems pretty bad to me but i'm hoping something might be able to bring it back from the dead. More than anything I want to know why this has happened.

Many thanks to all in advance.

CIJC

Trophies
XP
Country
Matrix21 said:
Hi D-Jay, firstly, thanks for a great package.

Now on to the bad news, it seems I have a Wii with a black screen on boot.

I was on Version 3.4e. Followed your instructions to the word and all went well and got to installing starfall when the Wii remote decided to stop working. No big deal I thought and rebooted, only to see a black screen.

The disk spins up, then nothing, not even the health screen.

Seems pretty bad to me but i'm hoping something might be able to bring it back from the dead. More than anything I want to know why this has happened.

Many thanks to all in advance.

Someone didn't read the manual.

3.2 only.

Matrix21

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
CIJC said:

3.2 only.

I read the manual twice over before starting and downgraded to 3.2, as per manual instructions.

edit: some information that might be helpful.

I have installed the Zelda hack and installed HBC with no problems. Installed IOS16 and used ARC to downgrade to 3.2.

It then restarted the Wii, I went to HBC to install starfall but it didn't start or exit as the Wiimote wouldn't respond, so I rebooted manually.

Now I just see a red light, turn on the power and a green turns on and the disk spins, but I get a no video input or black screen. Holding down the power button for 5-6 seconds shuts it down.

Once again, thanks for any advice in advance.

Valgreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
okay so i decided to try out the miiwii pack on my personal system. ive been setting people up with softmii for ahwile and decided i would give miiwii a go on my sys.

started with 3.2U w/ cios36 rev8 / starfall / gamma channel /hbc

-uninstalled gamma channel
-removed starfall to be safe

ran miiwii installer and copied all files to sd card.

i followed the guide but am having a few problems.

1st - i can't play pal backups (unreadable disc in disc channel) i have region free wii games set in preloader

2nd) my retail copies of my gamecube games (ntsc) no longer show video. i can hear the sound, but no video comes up on screen. green screen flashes when launch threw disc channel, then no video..

just wondering if there is any fixes for this.

edit: just tried playing ntsc backups. they show up in disc channel but when i load them i get error ...

also the uninstaller included in the package doesnt work either.

-------

edit 2

i ended up installing cioscorp 1.01 overtop of the cioscorp (miiwii maininstaller) included in the pack. now all games work from disc channel, ntsc and pal.

weird i know...

OneUp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I thought the music was interesting for the pc side installer.

I have some questions though.
Why is StarFall included? Doesn't Preloader make it obsolete?
DVDX as well. You don't have to patch it to IOS249 that was only the Backup Launcher 0.1.

noir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Matrix21 said:
It then restarted the Wii, I went to HBC to install starfall but it didn't start or exit as the Wiimote wouldn't respond, so I rebooted manually.

What didn't start, HBC or Starfall? Anything on the screen? Black? Froze at HBC?

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Matrix21 said:
CIJC said:

3.2 only.

I read the manual twice over before starting and downgraded to 3.2, as per manual instructions.

edit: some information that might be helpful.

I have installed the Zelda hack and installed HBC with no problems. Installed IOS16 and used ARC to downgrade to 3.2.

Now I just see a red light, turn on the power and a green turns on and the disk spins, but I get a no video input or black screen. Holding down the power button for 5-6 seconds shuts it down.

Once again, thanks for any advice in advance.

I know its bad timing, but i believe your Wifi module has just went bad, or is loose, do some research its a pretty easy fix, if it is the problem

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo