Mii Channel broken

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by n-mod, Oct 27, 2014.

1. n-mod
    OP

n-mod Member

Newcomer
    Oct 27, 2014
    United States
    I just purchased a wii on ebay. Turns out the mii channel doesn't work. Comes up with error:
    "mii channel system files are corrupted. Please refer to the wii operations manual for help troubleshooting. Press the A button to return to the wii menu "

Any idea how to fix this? I tried to install a mii channel wad, but it didn't change. Do I maybe need to uninstall the broken one first?

2. n-mod
    OP

n-mod Member

Newcomer
    Oct 27, 2014
    United States
    It had the problem before the system had any kind of hacking done to it. I tried to fix it by softmodding and installing a wad. Maybe its something deeper in the firmware.

3. gudenau

gudenau Never a unique idea

Jul 7, 2010
    United States
    /dev/random
    Try using modmii to install the latest verion of the system and active ios.

4. n-mod
    OP

n-mod Member

Newcomer
    Oct 27, 2014
    United States
    What version is the active ios that I should use? Sorry I half way understand this wii modding stuff.

5. n-mod
    OP

n-mod Member

Newcomer
    Oct 27, 2014
    United States
    I tried installing ios80, system menu 4.3, and mii channel v6. It still has the same error.

6. Yepi69

Yepi69 Vivid and busy gamer

Nov 29, 2010
    Portugal
    Behind you
    I don't think he should be installing a system menu if he has got priiloader
    Unless you've got bootmii or bootmii as boot2 then go for it, otherwise be EXTRA SURE TO DOWNLOAD THE EXACT SYSTEM MENU REGARDING YOUR VERSION AND REGION.

7. n-mod
    OP

n-mod Member

Newcomer
    Oct 27, 2014
    United States
    Here is my SysCheck
    Warning: Spoilers inside!