Hacking Hardware MigSwitch, i just recieve my sample.

RomAnOCrY

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Glad i'm not the only one who noticed this. If this is the loading speed even with fast microSD then it sucks ass. Would not surprise me if cutcenes in games like TotK stutter.
The original boot as slow as the dump on MigFlash ;)
Post automatically merged:

For us sample is a free item give to test it.
i have it for free, for testing purpose.

I hope someone test Super XCI soon
Only XCI file, without any certificate or "initialData.bin" wont boot at all.
Same with superXCI... Sma with nro or NSP transform in XCI.

Actualy i only have one physical game. I have to test a certificate swap. I read it's work...
A youtuber boot MK8 with Hogward certificate.
But he need to keep the "initialdata.bin" file to keep the game boot.

I test my own XCI dump, but also, a XCI download from internet, the same game.
It's work... the XCI are perfectly the same.
Initialdata.bin are unique for a game (not cardrige)
Certificate are unique (per cardrige)

Last edited by RomAnOCrY,

YoureALoser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's weird that this thing not only needs external power to work instead of getting it from the cart slot directly, but also that only the top 4 slots do the switching, and the bottom 4 slots are just "storage", I stead of being able to switch all 8 slots. Seems wasteful and semi-deceptive at first glance.

View attachment 414522
Not weird at all. That's how electricity works. Resistance = voltage drop.

djnate27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So in the video each time he removed/inserted the cart it loaded the next game and added the icon in the menu. My question is: can he select any one of the displayed titles to launch or just the the latest one (whatever is to the farthest left)?

Reactions: shanefromoz

G33ksquad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So in the video each time he removed/inserted the cart it loaded the next game and added the icon in the menu. My question is: can he select any one of the displayed titles to launch or just the the latest one (whatever is to the farthest left)?
Would be just the one to the farthest left.

shanefromoz

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
What a load of Rubbish. Nintendo will block this in no time. Just use atmopshere. I would not risk using the Mig cart on a stock switch and online or you will 100% be banned

I would like to know this also

shanefromoz

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It's not targeted for people who have CFW, not everyone can just use atmosphere
And how long before Nintendo block it and its useless. How long before your switch will be banned as 99% of people who use this will use it for piracy and not to backup there original cartridges

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
And how long before Nintendo block it and its useless. How long before your switch will be banned as 99% of people who use this will use it for piracy and not to backup there original cartridges
Then don't update to a firmware that blocks it? And once again, it'll be a cart ban not a console ban

Reactions: Subtle Demise

shanefromoz

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Having 7 years of games to choose from is better than nothing
And how does one backup original game carts and use on this when 99% of people will not have any
Its clearly meant 100% for piracy but they are trying to claim (backup your original carts)
If you have the original carts you would just use them to play

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
And how does one backup original game carts and use on this when 99% of people will not have any
Its clearly meant 100% for piracy but they are trying to claim (backup your original carts)
If you have the original carts you would just use them to play
Well yeah, it's like saying bongs are for tobacco

Doctorbeefy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do we know if that's still bannable then ? I'm wondering if Nintendo would see that you're using the same cert for multiple online games or if that's totally different
For all we know they might not even look at any of that, its currently all speculation as of right now. I am sure we will know in a few months if people get bans or not.

LuigiGad

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I remember at the beginning of the Nintendo Switch hacking scene, the tests indicated that the unique certificates were interchangeable, obviously 2 identical certificates online would ring alarm bells and lead to the ban of both console serials. If, with the advent of the migswitch, certificates began to circulate, it would be a massacre

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place