Hacking Migrated to new SD card, now every time I copy NSPs I get black screen on boot

rrdein

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I originally hacked my switch on a 128GB SD, but then upgraded to a 256GB SD. I followed the guide at https://gbatemp.net/threads/moving-emummc-hidden-partition-to-a-larger-sd-card.545094/ and successfully migrated my system to a larger SD card and I was able to boot to emuMMC. However, when I copied some NSPs (all under 4GB) to the card from my PC (same PC I did all related steps on), and then put the card back in my Switch, I could not boot a payload. After the little triangle-ish logo I get a black screen that appears to hang forever. Using Atmosphere on FAT32

I have reproduced this issue several times. I could try copying NSPs over FTP, but I'd like to get to the bottom of this issue or at least figure out how to fix it, since it may come up again. Reading around, it seemed like some other people have had similar issues over the last couple of months. Any advice is appreciated.

Last edited by rrdein,

rrdein

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tested my SD card, no problems there. Can anyone explain why filling my SD card with NSPs would prevent me from booting? I can reproduce this issue 100 times.

I go from my 128GB SD card to a 256GB SD Card. The card works perfectly. Then I put the SD card in my computer (same one I used to read and write the 128GB image) and copy the NSPs to it. Pop it back into my Switch, RCM, black screen.

rrdein

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bump, still having this issue.

Just FYI I tried switching from hekate to fusee-primary -- no effect.

Any advice is appreciated. 128GB is really not enough and I'm not sure what to do if I can't upgrade but sell the Switch to recover my losses and (I guess) buy another Switch and hack it initially with a 256GB.

Altair0207

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Why not try exporting the games one by one? I saw an option like that on goldleaf once, accidentally tries it and I think it attempted to make a copy of the game in my sd card. Or better yet, reinstall them again? It’s as you said, 128 gb is small so it wouldn’t take as much time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1