Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mamule said:
freestile said:
@mamule Showmiii wads can probably do what you need. Or you can download
cIOS249[38]-v17.wad and change base with showmiiwads. Thats the only way I can think of
doing it, allthough I'm thinking as with triiforce rev 17 works best. I'm using
246[38]17 and havent had any problems yet, allthough for some reason bubble bobble plus
seems to take forever to load, but I think that its listed as taking long like that anyway.
Everything else seems to work fine.

SMW can not change a cIOS base .... A Slot yes ...
Or there's a manipulation that I would be happy to know.

Even with CIOS rev 20 or 21, it is impossible once the chosen base.

Rev17 with Base 38 will work also.

QUOTE(mamule @ Jan 26 2011, 07:16 PM)
Other probleme, auto SD or auto usb don't work.... We must select the nand at boot

No Problem with that here! Post you meta.xml

mamule

Trophies
XP
Country
France
codiak said:
No Problem with that here! Post you meta.xml

CODE

ÂÂÂÂMighty Channels
ÂÂÂÂ11
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ201101040000
ÂÂÂÂMarc
ÂÂÂÂUSB/SD Channel loader

ÂÂÂÂ

I did not try to remove ""

tks
wink.gif

freestile

Trophies
https://www.youtube.com/user/freestilesteve
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
@mamule

Didnt see what you posted at first. As for changing the base I'm not sure but couldnt you
probably download whichever cIOS has the base you need, (make sure its the base you want) then change the slot and or revision with showmiiwads. What I did was download cIOS249[38]-v17.wad,
but I already had cIOS249[57]21 so I just changed the slot to 246 with showmiiwads so I'd have
cIOS 246[38]-17 and still keep my 249[57]-21. Dont know if that helped any. Seems like you already know what you want. Good luck in getting everything to work.

etlon666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I wonder if there is anybody out there who has "Midnight Pool" running with mighty channels. I tried it with cIOSXrev21 with different base IOSes
but I got nothing but freezes. After that I tried cIOS rev17 and the game was running smoothly.

If I understood it correctly all games that ran with with rev17 should run with rev21 as well. So I wonder if that is really the case and if yes
what am I doing wrong?

atavol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
etlon666 said:
I wonder if there is anybody out there who has "Midnight Pool" running with mighty channels. I tried it with cIOSXrev21 with different base IOSes
but I got nothing but freezes. After that I tried cIOS rev17 and the game was running smoothly.

If I understood it correctly all games that ran with with rev17 should run with rev21 as well. So I wonder if that is really the case and if yes
what am I doing wrong?

for me ciosxrev21 only works when running mighty channels from homebrew channel if i try launching it from a forwarder channel the games freeze on loading. so i use rev 17 instead bc i want to keep using a forwarder channel. btw you didnt say if you tried running mighty channels from hbc or from a forwarder channel. hope that helps.

Fox888

Trophies
XP
Country
in beta 5 i can´t get the will of dr. frankenstein to work..(using r17 base 38) but it works perfect in beta 4..
normal boot method i got a stack dump.. apploader boots into black screen..

cheers

etlon666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
atavol said:
etlon666 said:

what am I doing wrong?

for me ciosxrev21 only works when running mighty channels from homebrew channel if i try launching it from a forwarder channel the games freeze on loading. so i use rev 17 instead bc i want to keep using a forwarder channel. btw you didnt say if you tried running mighty channels from hbc or from a forwarder channel. hope that helps.

what you are describing is what I experienced with "world of goo", but with midnight pool it always froze with cIOSXrev21, regardless starting with HBC or forwarder. Midnight pool is btw freezing when I push the "load game" button. With Rev17 i can start it either way and it works.
Anyway, if I knew for sure that i can make the game working somehow with rev21 I would give it a try (even though I dont know what else I could try except
different bases with rev21...)

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
Fox888 said:
in beta 5 i can´t get the will of dr. frankenstein to work..(using r17 base 38) but it works perfect in beta 4..

cheers
Strange. It works for me in BETA5 (PAL version).

Fox888

Trophies
XP
Country
marc_max said:
Fox888 said:

cheers

well it does for me in beta 5 (did a clean install and using ios246 r17 base 38) went back to beta 4 and it worked again....
and it is also a PAL version

here is the stack dump i´m getting with beta 5 :

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/7088/dsc00097jjd.jpg

Gan1664

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello

I was experiencing some problems.

Then i noticed that i was playing with the WiiMotion Plus on a WiiMote or with the WiiMote Plus.

They always switch their position or loose sync and can't reconnect.

After many tries, the compatibility is better without the Motion Plus (no Wiimote Plus neither).

Other problem, when pushing button too quick at boot (Mighty Channels Menu), some channels becames invisible (untill quit Mighty Channels and start it again). Sometimes the sort have changed !
Being patient is a solution.

And last to say, i have requests : loading the last page visited will be good too and the sorting is not very clear (unless knowing first letter of all consoles), a general config setting should be better (easy to change language in all games in a time) with keeping the setting games by games.

Thanks for the great app !

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
Fox888 said:
marc_max said:
Fox888 said:

cheers

well it does for me in beta 5 (did a clean install and using ios246 r17 base 38) went back to beta 4 and it worked again....
and it is also a PAL version

here is the stack dump i´m getting with beta 5 :

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/7088/dsc00097jjd.jpg
The error appears when the banner sound should play or after pushing A to boot?
How many games do you have installed? How many pages do you have?
USB or SD?
Are you using a forwarder?
Does it work on Triiforce/mrc? Can you try older BETAs?

coreduo0099

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Marc,

B5 is looking good. I have been testing with cIOS17 on a 1TB drive in slot 227 so as to not interfere with 249 and 250 for USB Loaders. So far compatibility looks perfect.

NAND Management does not do anything when I select it. In post 1 is says basic NAND mangement was in B5. Is there a trick to get it working?

Sorting. I like that we can now sort by system. For the release, I think 2 additional sorting options would be really nice for large collections:
-1) List Channels Alphabetically by their verbose name rather than Title ID. But still keep in groups by system. (i.e. WiiWare alphabetically, followed by Arcade VC alphabetically, followed by C64 alphabetically)
-2) Initial Menu that lets you pick All, or a particular VC system, then the channels are shown
-3) Higher limit than 50 pages.. Perhaps no limit or 250
-4) In the sort menu, add a key. (i.e. W=Wiiware, C=C64, J=SNES, etc)

Anyways, thanks again for the great work.

coreduo0099

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello Everyone,

Not sure why I have not seen this and why so many art bundles posted are incomplete, but I found a way to generate all of the VC artwork for mighty channels.
At first it did not work for me, but I changed the sequence, then it worked no problem.

Using ShowMiiWads 1.4, you can select a title and select preview. This will let you see the banner pics built into the wad.
Select the banner pulldown to VC Pic
Now do a right click in the grey window anywhere and save all banner images
After doing so, and generating a sample export and verifying it, I selected all the titles and then did an extract > VC Pics

All the title artwork then exported with the proper title ids

I put these in the config/mighty/channels directory and now everything has artwork except for several wiiware titles which are not on wiidb yet.

Hope it helps!

Fox888

Trophies
XP
Country
1 : The error appears when the banner sound should play or after pushing A to boot?
2 : How many games do you have installed? How many pages do you have?
3 : USB or SD?
4 : Are you using a forwarder?
5 : Does it work on Triiforce/mrc? Can you try older BETAs?

1 : the error appears after i push A, right before the healt screen should show up..
2 : i got 54 games installed, so that is 5 pages + 1 pages for 5 games that don´t work the tales of monkey island series.. so total 59 games on 6 page..
3 : my nand is on Fat32 USB and i boot Mighty Channels from SD..
4 : i use both, a forwarder and from hbc with same result..
5 : Beta 4 : works.... Beta 3 : works... Beta 2 : works... Beta 1 : well i can´t get the games to show up, so i can´t test this one
and for Triiforce/mrc as my setup is atm i can´t test with that sorry

anyway´s Thank you very much for giving us this great loader, really great work
yaywii.gif

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
Fox888 said:
1 : The error appears when the banner sound should play or after pushing A to boot?
2 : How many games do you have installed? How many pages do you have?
3 : USB or SD?
4 : Are you using a forwarder?
5 : Does it work on Triiforce/mrc? Can you try older BETAs?

1 : the error appears after i push A, right before the healt screen should show up..
2 : i got 54 games installed, so that is 5 pages + 1 pages for 5 games that don´t work the tales of monkey island series.. so total 59 games on 6 page..
3 : my nand is on Fat32 USB and i boot Mighty Channels from SD..
4 : i use both, a forwarder and from hbc with same result..
5 : Beta 4 : works.... Beta 3 : works... Beta 2 : works... Beta 1 : well i can´t get the games to show up, so i can´t test this one
and for Triiforce/mrc as my setup is atm i can´t test with that sorry

anyway´s Thank you very much for giving us this great loader, really great work
yaywii.gif
Could you try it with a clean NAND without any game installed but Frankenstein?
If it still doesn't work, then upload that NAND somewhere and PM me. I'll try it with your NAND.

Seriously, I don't know what can't be happening. I didn't touch anything about the boot. It was just two things about downloading images and sorting games. And the funny thing is that it works for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol