Mighty Channels

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by marc_max, Dec 28, 2010.

1. RobGee789

RobGee789 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 7, 2010
    i got lots of vc and wiiware games you can never have enough retro gaming [​IMG]
    if you could add more pages that would be awesome [​IMG]

2. icebrg5

icebrg5 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 1, 2007
    United States

fixed it for you

j/k

3. icw35

icw35 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 22, 2010
    I had them as 2nd partition and worked ok, but finally moved it to the first partition for uneek.

4. marc_max
    OP

marc_max GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 19, 2008
    I don't know, I always had it on the first partition.

Remember that the partition must be marked as active.

Also, remember to put all NAND folders in the root directory. Some users reported that error and they were keeping the NAND files in a directory.

5. jordan_ch

jordan_ch Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2011
    Switzerland
    [​IMG] ...hi, marc, i want to know if this channel support the ntfs partition? And if it support cios r21?(base 38/56/57?)...thanks a lot!!!

6. zizer

zizer GBAtemp Addict

Aug 23, 2010
    with ntfs not working , use fat32

7. papermanzero

papermanzero GBAtemp Fan

Nov 20, 2009
    Gambia, The
    I know, that you are not a cios developer. ^^
    I just wanted to say, that the compatibility may be better with rev 21. But I dunno.

Yes it worked with previous versions. But with Beta 5 rev 21 doesn't work for me (in my case).
    I tried it on several USB/SD Cards. Always with the same error.

To the guys with triple partitions.
    Use Fat32 and activate the partition.
    Furthermore you need a full dump of your nand. I made a simple nand dump with fstools, but this doesn't work.
    With a full dump the error (getting title list) disappears.

8. GameGeek

GameGeek GBAtemp Regular

Mar 14, 2009
    Argentina
    Yes, the partition is active and has the files unpacked from a full NAND dump in the root. I also use the same USB hard disk to run games (from a different partition) with USB Loader GX without issues. Any other idea about what might be the cause of the problem? [​IMG]

9. marc_max
    OP

marc_max GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 19, 2008
    Can you try it now with older betas? Please tell me if older betas still work, or they just fail like beta5.

10. Suicide

Suicide 'Nuff said...

Newcomer
    Apr 21, 2010
    United States
    Awesome program! I followed the tutorial from Wiihacks here (http://www.wiihacks.com/other-faq-guides-tutorials/78302-guide-mighty-channels-play-wiiware-sd-usb.html) and it worked like a charm.

I do have one question that I can't seem to find an answer for.

It's regarding DLC for certain WiiWare games. I moved them to the USB like I did with the games themselves. I tried Arkanoid for example and saw that the DLC wasn't loaded with the game.

Just looking to see if anyone has an answer.

Thanks again.

11. kylster

kylster mich weich töten

Sep 11, 2010
    United States
    Fr33D0M R1N6
    not sure if this question has been asked but is there a forwarder channel for this? or a full channel?

12. brausm08

brausm08 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 15, 2009
    United States
    USA - Midwest
    forwarder

13. KeithF40

KeithF40 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 4, 2011
    United States
    I have beta 5 with cios[38]rev17 on slot 248. edited the xml for slot 248.

on real nand I have a few games from each system(4 n64 games).

when i load mighty I pick usb(which I have about 20 n64 games, 4 of which are the n64 games I have on my real nand) the only games that show up are the 4 n64 games that I have both on real and usb nand.

they load fine but why is this, confused.

thanks.

14. KeithF40

KeithF40 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 4, 2011
    United States
    some additional info that might narrow down the problem, also used beta4 and had same problem

on the bottom of mighty on the main screen it says ios249 rev 17 or ios249 rev20, depending on which one i am using at the current time. i need ios249 rev20 for wiiflow.

so when I have ios 249 rev17 installed to slot 249 everything works fine. I dont know why when I change the slot in the xml file to 248 it always has my 249 rev listed on the screen. Seems like its loading from 249 no matter what and that the xml file slot change is not taking affect.

15. marc_max
    OP

marc_max GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 19, 2008
    Did you remove the lines on the meta.xml file?

16. KeithF40

KeithF40 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 4, 2011
    United States
    ahhhh now I got that part working, I guess those are equivalent to comments in java/c.

anyway now I got it loading from slot 248, or so I believe since now I get the cant load from nand or whatever message with autoloading from usb.

now I have to get 38 rev17 installed on slot 248.

I downloaded the install and the wad file and used showmiiwads to change the install slot to 248 and did the install with success but still getting the same error message in mighty, the one about not being able to load the nand.

17. marc_max
    OP

marc_max GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 19, 2008
    Your partition must be FAT32 and it also must be active.
    How big is your HDD? If you are using a 1TB or larger HDD forget about using Waninkoko's NAND emulator [​IMG]

18. Fox888

Fox888 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 17, 2010
    Just a small wish : is it possible to make your great app fit to 16/9 [​IMG]

19. kylster

kylster mich weich töten

Sep 11, 2010
    United States
    Fr33D0M R1N6
    I have a Toshiba 1TB ext.hdd and it works fine with NAND emulator. Stupid question but are you referring to Nand Emulaoter in Wad Manager or with a cIOS? sorry this is the 1st i seen someone mention Waninkokos Nand Emu. Don't bash me for not knowing.

20. KeithF40

KeithF40 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 4, 2011
    United States
    the drive is fine as it works fine when I install the cios to slot 249 but not when I put it on slot 248.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted