Hacking Mighty Channels

OlivierTheBest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

I'm very interesting to use Mighty Channels but I gave up the use of TRIIFORCE since I was using CIOS rev 20.

I'm reconsidering it now but I would like to keep on using CIOS rev 20 (or rev 21)

I think I have slot 249 and 250 with CIOS rev 20 installed with 2 various IOS as base
I have also HERMES V5 installed (probably 222 and 223)

I would like to know if it's possible and intersting for MIGHTY CHANNEL to install CIOS rev 17 on an aditional slot (248 ?) and if you think there is an interest to install CIOS rev 21 for Mighty Channels too (instead of CIOS rev 12 or 20).

Thanks gto explain how to install one of them on 248 with generating some changes on 249 and 250.

regards

Olivier

smokin_mitch

Trophies
XP
Country
i just tried Mighty channels beta 4 and the channel forwarder from this thread, i got it installed and loaded some vc games onto my usb drive and downloaded the covers for them no problem but when i tyr and play them they all come up with the error "wii system memory damaged" and then my wii freezes and i have to power off my wii and restart?

the few games i tried were:

super mario 64, zelda a link to the past, super metroid, mario kart 64.... and a few others

im running mighty channels with cIOS38 rev 21 on slot 247 that might be my problem i might try cIOS38 rev 17 like what is recommended but how can i install it on slot 247 not slot 249 as i want to leave slot 249 as cIOS56 rev 21 as all my games through wiiflow are working good with this?

seb77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@smokin_mitch: If your loader or NAND is on a fat partition try to set it to "primary" and "active". That solution worked for me and now everything is OK.

Edit: 4.2U with cios38 rev17 on 249, cios57 rev20 on 250 and cios61 rev21 on 251. I'm using a clean 4.2 nand from the bootmii backup i've made. Currently using beta4 version of the loader with a 500 Gb Seagate Ext HDD.

Hope that helps.

smokin_mitch

Trophies
XP
Country
seb77 said:
@smokin_mitch: If your loader or NAND is on a fat partition try to set it to "primary" and "active". That solution worked for me and now everything is OK.

Edit: 4.2U with cios38 rev17 on 249, cios57 rev20 on 250 and cios61 rev21 on 251. I'm using a clean 4.2 nand from the bootmii backup i've made. Currently using beta4 version of the loader with a 500 Gb Seagate Ext HDD.

Hope that helps.

yeah my fat32 drive is set as primary and active, i swapped from using cIOS38 rev21 to cIOS57 and instead of freezing it now says not enough memory for save file press A to exit or something like that??? so im guessing its got something do do with my cIOS setup....

i need to find a way to install cIOS38 rev 17 to a slot other than 249 or 250 as i want to keep rev21 on thoses slots for wiiflow

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
papermanzero said:
Just another question.
Is it possible to create a folder "nand" (on the root of the sd/usb device), where you can put all wii nand files/folders inside?
This would be helpful to get a better folder structure on the devices.

This would be a much better solution, however this is in the cIOS and not in mighty channels, nothing he can do about it.

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
smokin_mitch said:
seb77 said:

Hope that helps.

yeah my fat32 drive is set as primary and active, i swapped from using cIOS38 rev21 to cIOS57 and instead of freezing it now says not enough memory for save file press A to exit or something like that??? so im guessing its got something do do with my cIOS setup....

i need to find a way to install cIOS38 rev 17 to a slot other than 249 or 250 as i want to keep rev21 on thoses slots for wiiflow

I personally have rev17 installed to slot 248 and use might channels from it. You can do this by either getting the wad of rev17 and changing the slot with showmiiwads or (Reccomended) Use ModMii to create/download the slot 248 wad using advanced options in modmii, its quite simple actually thats how I got it

B

BryceOne

mrkazador said:
Wii freezes when going to wii menu in some virtual console games (super mario 64), it works when using reset. Any way to fix this? I have already deleted 0000002.tik which works for wiiware games. This is setup for kids and sometimes press wii menu instead of reset, then needs a hard shutdown on the wii after it freezes.
Thank you!

This happens to me on any VC title that uses IOS9.

A few titles include: Donkey Kong Country 1&2, Mario Kart 64, Sonic The Hedgehog, Super Mario Bros & World, Legend Of Zelda Oricana Of Time & Link To The Past, Bonks Adventure.

Try some of these out and see if they do the same thing.

mrkazador

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BryceOne said:
This happens to me on any VC title that uses IOS9.

A few titles include: Donkey Kong Country 1&2, Mario Kart 64, Sonic The Hedgehog, Super Mario Bros & World, Legend Of Zelda Oricana Of Time & Link To The Past, Bonks Adventure.

Try some of these out and see if they do the same thing.

Yep, you're right... Is there a fix?

coreduo0099

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mrkazador said:
Wii freezes when going to wii menu in some virtual console games (super mario 64), it works when using reset. Any way to fix this? I have already deleted 0000002.tik which works for wiiware games. This is setup for kids and sometimes press wii menu instead of reset, then needs a hard shutdown on the wii after it freezes.
Thank you!

Ditto here...

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
having a similar situation to this post... although i see that was sorta passed off. i am providing all the info i can think of below to try and help you help me....

used FS dumper to dump a full NAND to SD...then used showmiiwads to delete all the channels from it, finally installed a bunch of ww titles. initially, upon selecting SD NAND, it gave me the "ERROR: i can't find titles ret=-1" error, so i tried again...then it worked. i downloaded some covers, then relaunched without issue and loaded world of goo. loaded to title screen then pressed home. lockup. hard reboot. now i can't get past the 'i can't find titles' error. tried reinserting the sd card; tried rebooting...to no avail. everything appears as it should on the SD card (ticket and titles folders are present).

the sd card: 4gb Transcend which has behaved 100% (bootmii, hbc) until now.

wii: (cIOS rev17@249)...this particular wii also has priiloader 0.6, but this is the only difference to my sig...

using beta 4 (downloaded on 1/5/10 from here)....

EDIT: peeked in the META.XML and changed the argument from auto=USB to auto=SD. i don't get the "i can't find titles" error now, but now trying to load world of goo i get "reading TMD failed .dol loading failed"... ....since EDIT3, i'm guessing the settings change didn't 'fix' anything or cause the TMD error...it was more the 'hit or miss' characteristic of the problem i'm having...

EDIT2: tried it a few more times got world of goo to load to title screen successfully again; pressed home. lockup. hard reboot. now back to getting only 'i can't find titles' error... ... ...again, since EDIT3, i think it's all the 'hit or miss' attributes.

EDIT3: did a fresh full dump (FS Dumper) onto an 8GB A-Data SD card...didn't delete any of the titles this time. added the same 38 titles using showmiiwads1.4 (~1GB worth). same problems. it seems hit or miss about when it gives me the 'I can't find title list ret=-1'. i can't decipher what causes the problems versus when it behaves as it should. ....thought it was the SD card when user:halen was also having problems with a Transcend brand card below.... i consistently get lockup selecting 'wii menu' to exit a game (but i can accept that might be normal--though i don't remember that with triiforce MRC, but then again i didn't really use it since i didn't have the title artwork and the overscan on my tv left me unable to read the titles--annoyingly unbearable). i've also gotten the 'reading TMD failed .dol loading failed' error twice as well with different games (also hit or miss, it'll work one time and generate this error the next).

i'm willing to work with whoever to try to understand these problems...i understand it's a beta and the purpose is to work out the bugs....

coreduo0099

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lenny_kano said:
I didnt change much, but here is the source code, compiled dol file (requires IOS 56 in sneek nand), forwarder channel (just modified version of someone elses wiiflow channel, not sure where i got it from but they made it not me. the boot.dol needs to be installed to apps/sneekflow (just so it didnt stuff with my proper wiiflow).
the data dir defaults to sd:/sneekflow or sd:/apps/sneekflow.

Thanks Lenny,

This is a slick way to get directly to the titles within wiiflow.
I tested it with sneek 2 forwarder launching uneek>priiloader .06>sneekflow. this lets me get to sneekflow right from the mail wii boot menu with one channel start.

I think the code that lets you pop up your categories upon boot is gone. I have wiiflow normally list out VC nes, VC snes, wiiware, etc as the starting point for wiiflow.

Any chance you could add that bit of code back in?

lenny_kano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
coreduo0099 said:
lenny_kano said:
I didnt change much, but here is the source code, compiled dol file (requires IOS 56 in sneek nand), forwarder channel (just modified version of someone elses wiiflow channel, not sure where i got it from but they made it not me. the boot.dol needs to be installed to apps/sneekflow (just so it didnt stuff with my proper wiiflow).
the data dir defaults to sd:/sneekflow or sd:/apps/sneekflow.

Thanks Lenny,

This is a slick way to get directly to the titles within wiiflow.
I tested it with sneek 2 forwarder launching uneek>priiloader .06>sneekflow. this lets me get to sneekflow right from the mail wii boot menu with one channel start.

I think the code that lets you pop up your categories upon boot is gone. I have wiiflow normally list out VC nes, VC snes, wiiware, etc as the starting point for wiiflow.

Any chance you could add that bit of code back in?

to be honest i did not change much of the code at all, about 5-10 lines, so i definately didnt touch anything to do with that. my guess is that normally you are using wiiflow in COVERFLOW_USB mode, which is for game images, whereas i have it set to COVERFLOW_CHANNEL mode, which doesnt have a settings menu for each channel, therefore this cant be done without me figuring out what code to copy over to that view mode, which is beyond my expertise sorry. and for the benefit of everyone else here, please just use pm to discuss this any more so we dont fill the thread up with off-topic stuff.

Liberty

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I still can't get Triiforce or Mighty Channels to work with my USB-HDD. I'm getting ret=-101 error. I don't even know what this error means. May anyone help me out? What is "ret=-101"?

halen

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Here is the same
Used FS dumper to dump a full NAND to SD...then used showmiiwads to delete all the channels from it, finally installed a bunch of ww titles. initially, upon selecting SD NAND, it gave me the "ERROR: i can't find titles ret=-1" error, so i tried again...then it worked. i downloaded some covers, then relaunched without issue and loaded world of goo. loaded to title screen then pressed home. lockup. hard reboot. now i can't get past the 'i can't find titles' error. tried reinserting the sd card; tried rebooting...to no avail. everything appears as it should on the SD card (ticket and titles folders are present).

The sd card: 16gb Transcend which has behaved 100% (bootmii, hbc) until now.

My system: cIOS rev17@249

Using beta 4

dipswitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need some help with this. My Wii is on 4.1 and I have cIOS v21 249 installed as base 58. When I run Mighty Channels it says ERROR: I can't enable NAND emulator. ret=-101. Then when it exits to Homebrew Channel my HDD is not recognized. Anyone know what may be wrong?

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dipswitch said:
I need some help with this. My Wii is on 4.1 and I have cIOS v21 249 installed as base 58. When I run Mighty Channels it says ERROR: I can't enable NAND emulator. ret=-101. Then when it exits to Homebrew Channel my HDD is not recognized. Anyone know what may be wrong?
Base 58 is not supported by this, I'm not sure nand emu even works with it at all , recommended to use rev 17 for this

Liberty

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
cIOS Rev17 (Base38) => I can't get title list. ret=-1
cIOSx Rev21 (Base38) => I can't enable NAND emulator. ret=-101
cIOSx Rev21 (Base56) => I can't enable NAND emulator. ret=-101
cIOSx Rev21 (Base57) => I can't enable NAND emulator. ret=-101

I'm lost. WiiFlow and CFGLoader are working without a problem, so does UNEEK.

QUOTE said:
Because backup loaders init the usb drives themselfs, we don't mount the usb drives the cios does that for us. I might take a look in the weekend, but i kinda stopped working on anything for the wii.
Basically we need a USB-drive-init-module. I don't know how this whole USB-initialization is working, but couldn't anyone just have a look on how an open-source-loader like WiiFlow works regarding this issue?

AyDee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I access my hdd and have it 'spin up' by using HBC or CFG before going to Mighty Channels, I don't get the
QUOTE said:
cIOS Rev17 (Base38) => I can't get title list. ret=-1
Are people using USB-powered HDD's getting the same errors? All of mine plug into the wall...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4