The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
OP
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why I decided to create this, but I was thinking back to the SSBB midnight launch I went to at my local GS.

So, post the midnight launches you've been to (If any), whether it was for games, game systems, books, phones, etc...

My Midnight Launches:
Wii (8 AM to 12:30 AM the next day)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (8:30 PM to midnight, since there was a tournament)
DSi (9 PM to midnight...I saw a movie with friends before it, so we just walked over to my local GS, since they are pretty close)
Modern Warfare 2 (I got the PC version, as well as Modern Warfare: Reflex that night)

I'd have to say the Wii and MW2 midnight launches were my favorite, since there were more people and more things to do. Out of those two, definitely the Wii one, since it was extremely fun (We all had our DSes, so we played MKDS, Bomberman, and a bunch of other games, as well as discussing video gaming in general).

kicknhorse

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Once me and my friends were walking form one Pub to another, just after midnight and realised a book shop was open, with an aweful alot of people in.

We wondered in out of curiousity, a little inebriated. It unfortunately turned out to be the release of a new Harry Potter book - which was such a disappointment.

However, one of my friends took a seat next to these children reading through the book and started reading out the last few pages aloud, but shortly gave up after they all ran off not wanting to hear the end. And so, we moved on.

It was still hilarious.

I also camped outside a Toys R Us with 2 friends from about 11pm to 7am as they were the only shop getting Wii's in stock overnight in the area. We had a lot of fun that evening, and luckily got to sit in the car as they gave us tickets about 1 o'clock so we didn't have to stand outside all night. We just smoked in the car all night
tongue.gif

Luckily there was a 24 hour Asda across the road with public toilets in.

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
I've only ever been to one and that was for my Dreamcast, i remember the queue was so long that i actually hoped that didn't sell out of em before i got to the counter.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i was in line for 16 hours for N64 way back in the day and i stood in line on halloween in the freezing cold for FFXII and don't say it wasnt worth it because i'm one of the few people who enjoyed the game lol...then for the launch of the 360 wasn't so bad because i was one of the first preorders and they were letting people who had preorders skip lines

nasune

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The only midnight launch I went to was the last harry potter book, simply to see what it was like (we don't have much midnight launches here, at least not to my knowledge).

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
No midnight launches anywhere near my place AFAIK, but I wouldn't go anyway, I don't see the point in doing it. You just waste precious time you could spend sleeping/eating/gaming.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo