Gaming Microsoft is so frickin stupid!!!!

Joktan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i went and got a xbox around august and got xbox live with a prepaid credit card.i got three months for 10 bucks.well i used up all the money on the card and trashed it.well microsoft asked me if i wanted to renew on that card and i got a message on my xbox saying would like to renew and i said no...well the charged the card anyway and now i have to pay them for it by the 15th or the are banning my acount.i have a twelve month card that i cant use becasue they are so stupid!!!!!i have to pay 10 bucks for a week of service....i am frickin ticked becasue they messed up and now i have to pay them....i see why people like ps3s now...anything like this happened to you?

Joktan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I called them up and they said try can do nothing till I pay the balance off.I have to pay it off by the first or they will charge me more then ban me...the support dude was no help!They made me really mad...

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it really that hard to pay ten dollars?

When you buy a month of Live, they actually put you on a monthly BILLING cycle. It happened to me, and I'm glad I have access to bills and stuff.

Just pay it off, disconnect the card entirely, and start using pre-paids.

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
The billing cycle they put you through is very stupid and inconvenient. What I did to stop the renewing process was call up xbox customer support and told them I wanted it to stop renewing. They did it after maybe 5 or so minutes of telling me the "benefits" of automatic renewing.

Joktan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its not hard to pay ten dollors.it's hard to get scamed ten dollors when you just got a 12 month card so you have to pay for both...yea I am paying them off tomorrow then calling them up to get my credit card number off of it so they can't do that anymore...they have very deceiving wording..

Trollology

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm sorry, but this sounds like your problem more than MS's problem
I have an Xbox and renew live with a credit card every time.
They don't force you to pay at all unless you screwed up with some configuration. :/

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
It tells you that it is set to auto renew when you pay via credit card, all you have to do is turn off that auto renewal feature then get the card removed. It's your own fault for not reading the Terms of Service properly and/or following pop up instructions.

dan80315

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joktan said:
Well I payed them and everything is fixed now.I have 13 months of live now.tech support guys are rude but the girls were much nicer:)
Anytime that happens ask them for their name and file a complaint. Customer is always right imo.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Well.. maybe, uh... you should have gotten a PS3. 360 sucks.

trollface.jpg

HateBreed

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well I got it worse.. I used my debit card like in november to set up my auto renewal ended up getting rid of the xbox.. yesterday someone hacked the account and wasted 80 bucks from my bank account.. now i have to get a new card and wait to be reimbursed for fraudulent charges
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this is him being described +1