deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
There are launch 360s that haven't RROD'ed without any cooling fans, what makes you think the only reason your 360 is alive is the cooling fan?

Until someone polls at least 6 digit 360 owners about cooling fan usage and RRODness and draw a conclusion favoring cooling fans, I'd say it has no effect but also no side effect.

Does the penny fix have to be American penny?

754boy

:D
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
deathfisaro said:
Does the penny fix have to be American penny?

Not necessarily, I guess as long as the coin has copper in it, you should be good to go. Older American pennies have more copper in them than the ones being produced today.

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
just fixed another 3 xbox360 consoles today, one was very stubborn, i could only fasten the screws by hand or the motherboard would flex too much and give rrod again.
but now it's working, been paying gta4 for some hours and still no lockups
smile.gif

extra cooling is not of much use, heat is not the problem of rrod, it's the xclamps that are warping the motherboard.
after some time the gpu and sometime also cpu loose contact with the motherboard.
getting rid of the xclamps and using proper m5 screws fixes the problem.

had 3 consoles that couldnt be fixed but on 2 of them the memory chip was gone (people tried to fix themself with heatgun)
and on one the resistors under the cpu were gone and its really too small to solder these things back on
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Load up your pc and monitor, and head to a McDonalds dining room, they have free WiFi