Gaming Microsoft Flight Simulator

subcon959

@!#?@!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The day has arrived, I'm super excited! Installing right now (92GB!!) will give some initial impressions if I can drag myself away from it.

2rpnc4y.png

Getting Game Pass has finally paid off.

subcon959

@!#?@!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Congratulations.View attachment 221893

On Steam it says 150 GB on HDD...:wacko:
Half hour later and still only 20% downloaded so my excitement is starting to fade :rofl:

I still think it's a great deal to have it on Game Pass as it was only £1 to upgrade my Xbox Live. I just hope it actually works after installing all day :!:

Reactions: Alexander1970

subcon959

@!#?@!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Been playing all day it's such an amazing simulator. I wish flight yokes were cheaper as this definitely deserves one. It is a PC killer though so good hardware is a must to get the full graphical glory.

Between this and F1 racing I don't need any other games for a while.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
I need to get this downloaded soon, I haven't played a flight sim in ages. It will be very immersive to play it on a big curved ultrawide and my throttle a yoke set.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's never a coincidence that video drivers update before or shortly after a major game releases. "Game-Ready" drivers has been a thing for years.

I'm still waiting on mine to download. It's a shame it didn't preload shit but that's the Microsoft/Xbox Store for you.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Things have improved somewhat since I played my last simulator (F-22 raptor from the late 90s, though would have probably been early 2000s when I got it in a multi disc pack from PC-world).

TheCasualties

Just trying to be helpful
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Looks like 2 PB (PETA Bytes, aka 2,097,152 GB or 2048 TB of cache data for the entire world's high res satellite data!

Fascinating.

Edit: saw a few reports of people using the Hoodlum release downloading satellite data. Still unclear if they have the highRes online cache access. No live weather updates on cracked.

Last edited by TheCasualties,

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
So for anyone playing this without actually stealing it, I noticed the initial download was very small, the game launches and then it is checking for updates for a while without doing anything. I really can not be bothered sitting here having something full screened while 100gb downloads if that is the case. Can anyone confirm that the devs have no respect for peoples time or not?

Actually looking at the screenshot in OPs post again I can see that is exactly what they expect. Absolutely fuck that and uninstalled.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I've "borrowed" a copy shall try it later today. Mostly because I've heard about a butt ton of bugs. So I rather test it before buying it.

subcon959

@!#?@!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Cruising over NYC..

xXYxli5.png

Actually looking at the screenshot in OPs post again I can see that is exactly what they expect. Absolutely fuck that and uninstalled.
I cropped my desktop out of the screenshot, you can absolutely hide the window and even mute that annoying music while it's installing.

Last edited by subcon959,

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll probably get it after I build my new PC this fall. First place I'm flying to is of course Epstein's island.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
My hometown got a lot right but also a lot wrong. Also one of the buildings that being built is already there. MSFS is in the future!

subcon959

@!#?@!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's a bit weird. They use a lot of generic buildings but overlayed with real data, so for example my house is a generic object but the car, caravan and conservatory are actual real images! It blew my mind that I could fly over my actual car in a game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn