Microsoft Dashboard?

soupermareeo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, after successfully softmodding my original Xbox, I am enjoying the new dashboard and all the new additions but I've noticed that there is no option for widescreen on this menu, is there any way to access the original dashboard without replacing it? If it requires FTP, I might be able to do that later after my Ethernet cable arrives.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Depends on what you have on your HDD - if you have the original dash on your shadow C you can certaintly use it (else install it from the Rocky5 softmod extras disc, which you can FTP over with the included iso loader, or burn to a DVD-R)

Reactions: Alexander1970

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Some of the, usually older, installs leave an option for the original dash. Typically you will launch it by powering with the eject button (or the little one down the bottom). Newer versions of the softmod installer did not provide the option though as the main reason to do it was to launch xbox live, which is now dead (give or take an attempt to emulate it which is still WIP last I saw).

That said if it is just widescreen or higher res stuff you are after then softmods should launch it just fine. If you had a PAL xbox you might need to fire up enigmah video switcher to set it to NTSC (PAL stuff lacked such options) but otherwise even XBMC (generally the fiddliest for this sort of thing) should be able to have its settings tickled and launch accordingly, if you have a more game focused dash then it should not be a problem.

Reactions: Alexander1970

soupermareeo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends on what you have on your HDD - if you have the original dash on your shadow C you can certaintly use it (else install it from the Rocky5 softmod extras disc, which you can FTP over with the included iso loader, or burn to a DVD-R)
I used the Rocky5 softmod, I know I have a blank DVD around here somewhere but I can't seem to find it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users