MicroSDHC class question

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Nikolay, Apr 2, 2010.

Apr 2, 2010

MicroSDHC class question by Nikolay at 11:50 PM (651 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Nikolay
    OP

Member Nikolay GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I ordered an 8GB sandisk microsdhc card today off ebay and realized it was a class 2 after I purchased it. The card I have now is a 2 GB class 4. Is the slower write speed that noticeable? Will I see any lag in my games?

2. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    It depends, your Flashcart will primarily be reading from the MicroSD card not writing. You really have no idea what the read speed will be until you get the card. If you know the country of manufacture (probably China), you can probably find a few speed tests from other people who have the same card.

Also the class speed is purely a minimum speed, they can often be much higher.

It's very risky buying SD cards from eBay though, many are often fakes.

3. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    I've read multiple times that the AKAIO's more recent versions have in-game speed improvements (thanks to DMA stuff) that makes even class-2 cards work fine.

4. lukands

Member lukands I took the little bus here

Estonia
    I got a 16gb sandisk class 2, don`t notice any difference from other cards I have used

5. UltraMagnus

Member UltraMagnus hic sunt dracones

United Kingdom
    some games will get slowdown in that, IIRC Castlevania (sp?) is one in particular.

buying flash from ebay can be risky, but usually if the seller has good feedback it is okay