Hacking MicroSD Problem (DSTT)

rynem

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well every time I'd insert my DSTT into my DS it would give me this logo saying "ERROR" in red. When I connected my micro SD to the computer with the reader that came with the DSTT, it said it had to be formatted. So i format it to FAT32 and now whenever I click on the drive to drag the files, it says "Please insert disk into drive". Also I can't format it again. I've tried many programs, still no success. I was thinking its because of the card, since its a cheap manufacture(KINGMAX). It was only $8.95 at a local computer store. Any got a solution, tell me please. Thanks

Damademan3

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.davidcblake.com
XP
Country
United States
the microsd reader that comes with the DSTT is a hit or miss. I got one that gives me errors all the time and one that works great. I would get a good reader from walmart target best buy or future shop since your up north. Give that a try and format the card then. probably just a crappy reader.

rynem

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Damademan3 said:
the microsd reader that comes with the DSTT is a hit or miss. I got one that gives me errors all the time and one that works great. I would get a good reader from walmart target best buy or future shop since your up north. Give that a try and format the card then. probably just a crappy reader.

Ill try it. I just bought a Kingston microSD today. Ill try using the adapter on it.

rynem

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
jester13 said:
The card may be dead and you might have to buy a new one

I think so, but i bought a new one today. Its all good.

Posts merged

QUOTE(Bri @ Aug 11 2008, 03:42 AM) You might also try the Panasonic SD formatter to see if that makes any difference.

-Bri

Tried, but failed. I just bought a new microSD today. its working fine.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I'd stay away from the microSD reader that comes with the DSTT and use something else. Others have claimed that bad microSD readers have corrupted their cards so that they would no longer format.

-Bri

rynem

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bri said:
Yeah, I'd stay away from the microSD reader that comes with the DSTT and use something else. Others have claimed that bad microSD readers have corrupted their cards so that they would no longer format.

-Bri

Alright, I'll just use the microSD adapter my new card came with. Thanks for advice
smile.gif

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I did a small test for my MicroSD readers and here are my results.
QUOTE said:
4GB Sandisk MicroSDHC
-->copying 1,072MB over
Acekard Reader-1 minute 31 seconds
Sandisk TransFlash Adapter-1 minute 17 seconds
DSTT Reader-1 minute 45 seconds

I prefer the Sandisk TransFlash adapter because it's the fastest and the most safest. The DSTT reader looks like garbage and is garbage. The Acekard 2 reader is average. It's easy to use but I doubt it's safe because today it didn't read my card but it showed it was pluged. It said Please insert USB or something like that. I would suppose my 2GB Kingston Japan would have similar if nopt better results than the Sandisk reader.

rynem

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
IOwnAndPwnU said:
I did a small test for my MicroSD readers and here are my results.
QUOTE said:
4GB Sandisk MicroSDHC
-->copying 1,072MB over
Acekard Reader-1 minute 31 seconds
Sandisk TransFlash Adapter-1 minute 17 seconds
DSTT Reader-1 minute 45 seconds

I prefer the Sandisk TransFlash adapter because it's the fastest and the most safest. The DSTT reader looks like garbage and is garbage. The Acekard 2 reader is average. It's easy to use but I doubt it's safe because today it didn't read my card but it showed it was pluged. It said Please insert USB or something like that. I would suppose my 2GB Kingston Japan would have similar if nopt better results than the Sandisk reader.

Ohhh, I see that the adapters are much better then the DSTT reader. Maybe I should just throw it out and use the adapter like you said lmao. Although mines a Kingston 2GB made from Taiwan and every time I click "stop" from safety remove hardware, the adapter can't be read. It can only be read right when I start up my computer, so then sometimes I have to use the DSTT reader. I have not found a solution for this yet. Rofl. Maybe I shouldn't press "stop", but its much safer if i do before i take out the adapter.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You must use the "safely remove hardware" or you'll corrupt your microSD card.

There are other microSD card readers that are better than the one that comes with the DSTT. Go to your local store and buy one of those multi-readers that supports microSD/microSDHC.

-Bri

terminal71

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought a SanDisk microSDHC 4gig. I tried it in the SD adapter with a card reader that works with pny SD cards(not microSD). It doesn't even show up on winXP, macOSX 10.5, or Ubuntu Linux 8.04. Any ideas? Should I buy a microSD reader?

rynem

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bri said:
You must use the "safely remove hardware" or you'll corrupt your microSD card.

There are other microSD card readers that are better than the one that comes with the DSTT. Go to your local store and buy one of those multi-readers that supports microSD/microSDHC.

-Bri

Alright, I'll see if I can get one this week. Hopefully they're not that expensive, ready blown my money this week. Thanks for advice
smile.gif

rynem

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
terminal71 said:
I just bought a SanDisk microSDHC 4gig. I tried it in the SD adapter with a card reader that works with pny SD cards(not microSD). It doesn't even show up on winXP, macOSX 10.5, or Ubuntu Linux 8.04. Any ideas? Should I buy a microSD reader?

Oh, nice. How much was it. There's a Kingston 4gb that's selling for $29 at a local computer shop. And yes, buy a microSD reader just like Bri and Iown said. It's safer. I'm getting one too.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Here's a 2GB Kingston Japanese microSD that comes with a card reader: http://www.meritline.com/kingston-usb-micr...crosd-card.html

The reader is very similar in style as the one that comes with the DSTT, except that it works well.

And here's a nifty little multi-card reader that others have highly recommended: http://www.meritline.com/kingston-mobillite-card-reader.html

Same thing with a 1GB Kingston Taiwan microSD for a few dollars more: http://www.meritline.com/kingston-mobillit...crosd-card.html

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Tonight's nightmare sponsored but G-Fuel! lolo