Hacking MicroSD card space requirement?

Zavenism

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I owned a nintendo ds lite a LONG time ago and just like a week ago I thought to myself "man.. I really miss that DS" so I bought two DS's on ebay for $60 (It was a nintendo DS Lite and Nintendo DSi and they both work perfectly) ok now... I heard that if I wanted to get a supercard dstwo and use it for both then I had to get a certain GB storage space limit on a MicroSD card. For example if I used it on my dslite then I would have to get a 2GB or less? Or does it matter which one I get? Could I get an eight GB MicroSD card and use that for both DS's? or do I need seperate microsd cards for each one?

Xarsah16

GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
8GB will work just fine. How do I know? I use one :)

If you are running the exact same games with the exact same files on both DSs, and set the EOS up like any new Supercard has to be set up, it should work in both DSs great! You only need one microSD for both in this case.

I use one microSD in my supercard with all of my DSs just fine!

Go here to set up your new Supercard when you get it:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/the-supercard-dstwo-beginners-guide-how-to-setup-the-dstwo.290190/

Hope this helps!

Xarsah16

GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a 16gb microSD coming in the mail with a memory stick duo adapter - and I'm debating whether to run both my Supercard and my PSP off of it XD I might have enough room... but it's probably better to keep the systems seperate lol One day, I'd like to get a 32 gig- and it would likely be when I run out of space XD

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
there are no msd card limitations per ds console. the old ds/ds lite flash kits used msd cards which had a 2 gb limitation. new flash kits use micro sdhc cards, which have a 32 gb limitation.

-another world

Actually, 64GB micro sdxc cards formatted to fat32 work ok as long as you don't want to use tempgba/catsfc or other DSTwo specific homebrew (SDK issue).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ShadF0x @ ShadF0x: Pretty sure that is not a thing yet