MicroSD card space requirement?

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by Zavenism, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Zavenism
    OP

Zavenism Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 8, 2013
    United States
    Ok so I owned a nintendo ds lite a LONG time ago and just like a week ago I thought to myself "man.. I really miss that DS" so I bought two DS's on ebay for $60 (It was a nintendo DS Lite and Nintendo DSi and they both work perfectly) ok now... I heard that if I wanted to get a supercard dstwo and use it for both then I had to get a certain GB storage space limit on a MicroSD card. For example if I used it on my dslite then I would have to get a 2GB or less? Or does it matter which one I get? Could I get an eight GB MicroSD card and use that for both DS's? or do I need seperate microsd cards for each one?

2. Xarsah16

Xarsah16 GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot

Oct 6, 2007
    Hyrule
    8GB will work just fine. How do I know? I use one :)

If you are running the exact same games with the exact same files on both DSs, and set the EOS up like any new Supercard has to be set up, it should work in both DSs great! You only need one microSD for both in this case.

I use one microSD in my supercard with all of my DSs just fine!

Go here to set up your new Supercard when you get it:
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/the-supercard-dstwo-beginners-guide-how-to-setup-the-dstwo.290190/

Hope this helps!

3. Another World

Another World Emulate the Planet!

Former Staff
    Jan 3, 2008
    Colombia
    From Where???
    there are no msd card limitations per ds console. the old ds/ds lite flash kits used msd cards which had a 2 gb limitation. new flash kits use micro sdhc cards, which have a 32 gb limitation.

-another world

nukeboy95 and Xarsah16 like this.
  4. Zavenism
    OP

Zavenism Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 8, 2013
    United States
    Sure did. Thank you, ma'am!

Xarsah16 likes this.
  5. Zavenism
    OP

Zavenism Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 8, 2013
    United States
    Thanks!

6. Vengenceonu

Vengenceonu Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.

Jun 20, 2013
    United States
    The C Standard Library
    Im using a 32gb micro sd for my supercard, but thats mostly me being a greedy whore :D, ive only filled up 8gb's of it.

Xarsah16 likes this.
  7. Xarsah16

Xarsah16 GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot

Oct 6, 2007
    Hyrule
    I have a 16gb microSD coming in the mail with a memory stick duo adapter - and I'm debating whether to run both my Supercard and my PSP off of it XD I might have enough room... but it's probably better to keep the systems seperate lol One day, I'd like to get a 32 gig- and it would likely be when I run out of space XD

8. nl255

nl255 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 9, 2004
    Actually, 64GB micro sdxc cards formatted to fat32 work ok as long as you don't want to use tempgba/catsfc or other DSTwo specific homebrew (SDK issue).

Nebuleon likes this.