Hacking microSD - AKAIO

Destroy666

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
some people have problems with this (kingston 4gb class 4 taiwan c04g) or other microsd cards.
i use acekard 2 hwid 41 with above microsd card and akaio 1.8. i can't get to work soft reset (black screens after key combination) and super scribblenauts (looping intro, no matter which rom i use).
i tried different format combinations:
- panasonic formatter - full format + gparted partition fix
- windows fat
- windows fat32
results are always the same. of course it was easy working by just putting rom and akaio 1.8 (the same settings) on kingston 2gb japan...
what can i try except this?
are these microsd/akaio's/both issues and will these be fixed in another akaio or do i need to buy other card? which brands 4gb or above are very fast and working perfectly with akaio?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
destroy666 said:
some people have problems with this (kingston 4gb class 4 taiwan c04g) or other microsd cards.
i use acekard 2 hwid 41 with above microsd card and akaio 1.8. i can't get to work soft reset (black screens after key combination) and super scribblenauts (looping intro, no matter which rom i use).
i tried different format combinations:
- panasonic formatter - full format + gparted partition fix
- windows fat
- windows fat32
results are always the same. of course it was easy working by just putting rom and akaio 1.8 (the same settings) on kingston 2gb japan...
what can i try except this?
are these microsd/akaio's/both issues and will these be fixed in another akaio or do i need to buy other card? which brands 4gb or above are very fast and working perfectly with akaio?

enable anti-bypass in settings for super scribblenauts

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
some microsd/sdhc cards are having issues with super scribblenauts, even though akaio 1.8.0 fixes the game.
i have an adata 4gb class 6 microsdhc with good read speeds (15.9mb/s read, 0.8ms random access) and cannot play the game without enabling the ap bypass, so it's not an issue of cheap/slow cards.
everything else works fine, so if the only thing i need to do is enable one quick option for one game, i am completely happy.

if you don't want to do this, that's your choice to ignore the solution.

Destroy666

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
i have ap enabled on both cards... on kingston 2gb japan it (soft reset and super scribblenauts) works, on kingston 4gb taiwan not. the settings are the same.

dekuleon

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i have the same kingston 4gb class 4 c04g and i have the same issues!
maybe my sd card is fake cuz i bought from volumerates.com...

what i did? today i bought one sony 2gb microsd taiwan and everything is fine. this sony is even faster than my kingston!!

D

Deleted-188346

destroy666 said:
i have ap enabled on both cards... on kingston 2gb japan it (soft reset and super scribblenauts) works, on kingston 4gb taiwan not. the settings are the same.
i have the same problem, but with different microsd cards. both of mine are 8gb class 6, but only my transcend microsd works, and not my kingston.
it seems that lots of users are successfully playing super scribblenauts, and therefore are ignoring us users that still have issues.
they seem to think that we're simply not activating ap...of course we are.

still.
doesn't.
work.

dekuleon

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
maybe the akaio team could improve the compatibility of sd cards... or find a workaround or adress this issue with some sd cards.

i'm not so confident with kingston anymore. i prefer buying sandisk/transcend/sony/panasonic (etc) cuz seems they are more concerned with the final quality.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
if you have a shit card that can't feed the data fast enough, then the solution is to buy a non-shit card.

there's no real solution to that problem that can be done on normal flash cart hardware.

you can try formatting with 16kb clusters, but that's a long-shot.

edit: it's to reduce overhead.

Sabregod

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
We have the same MicroSD card and it doesn't work
frown.gif

Destroy666

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Rydian said:
if you have a shit card that can't feed the data fast enough, then the solution is to buy a non-shit card.

there's no real solution to that problem that can be done on normal flash cart hardware.

So these are ONLY card issues? Well, why was soft reset working in AKAIO 1.7.1 normally with this shit card then?

Which cards 4GB or higher are working perfectly?

dekuleonmaybe the akaio team could improve the compatibility of sd cards... or find a workaround or adress this issue with some sd cards

I hope so...

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Destroy666 said:
Rydian said:

So these are ONLY card issues? Well, why was soft reset working in AKAIO 1.7.1 normally with this shit card then?

Which cards 4GB or higher are working perfectly?

dekuleonmaybe the akaio team could improve the compatibility of sd cards... or find a workaround or adress this issue with some sd cards

I hope so...
If the problem is read speed, then NO amount of fixes or updates will solve the problem.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Actually, I have a Kingston 4GB made from Taiwan and I did not suffer from this problem. I can play Super Scribblenauts with AAP enabled. It is formatted with SD card formatter (FAT32).

So I don't know what's wrong with yours. All I can say is try another release group. I actually dump this game myself from a retail copy.

D

Deleted-188346

Rydian said:

you can try formatting with 16kb clusters, but that's a long-shot.

edit: it's to reduce overhead.
Both my cards are class 6. It's to do with compatibility, not speed. People with slower SDs have this game working.
The most technical explanation isn't always the correct one.

D

Deleted-188346

Rydian said:
Class specifies WRITE speed.
I've tested both the read and write speed of my cards, and they are practically identical. Considering people are solving the problem by formatting to FAT16, it seems to be a strange AKAIO issue (randomly hatin' on FAT32 4gb+ cards).

EDIT: Well, I was correct, new AKAIO 1.8.1 fixes the issue. Oh well! AKAIO rocks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: