Hacking Micro wireless hacks? or micro data cable?

Dunpeal1978

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anybody coded anything to be able to use the micro wireless adaptor for anything other than multi player? heres some possiblities

-universal remote for my TV
-internet access over ifra-red (really slow)
-wireless multiplayer for homebrew,emulators

And Im also wondering if there is a way to connect a micro to a pc and access my EZ Flash IV,instead of having to take my flash cartridge out all the time.

wallstreet

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have come up with more uses

- use as mobile Phone
- hack wireless adapter waves to "mirco"waves and cook
- eliminate other cars in traffic like with a laser sword, turn all lights green with the IR
- use gba as utorrent seedbox

There is probably more. Can you code me that Dunpeal? Please!

Dunpeal1978

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*snip
Listen you little shit...there actually has been some talk about the micro being a cellphone,if not just having wifi. heres the fucking link...

Hello? Game Boy Micro Calling

All of these things have been done with Palms or with the PSP,which I have both. I know there isn't that large of a community for Gameboy coding,but it never hurts to ask around and see if anybody has ever done anything with these things. And just to set the record straight i never asked anyone to code any fucking thing.I asked if anyone had ever coded anything or if anyone was interested.

Dunpeal1978

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never said there was a Micro phone!!!! I was putting the Einstein Wallstreet in his place for talking shit.

wallstreet said:
I have come up with more uses

- use as mobile Phone
- hack wireless adapter waves to "mirco"waves and cook
- eliminate other cars in traffic like with a laser sword, turn all lights green with the IR
- use gba as utorrent seedbox

There is probably more. Can you code me that Dunpeal? Please!

If you actually read the article it talks about the possiblity of faceplate peripherals.

Of course I know the picture is photoshopped,I posted the fucking article!!!!!And it was actually written after the MICRO was put out otherwise how would anyone know about the possible expansion port underneath the faceplate. Do your homework before you talk shit.

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dunpeal1978 said:
I never said there was a Micro phone!!!! I was putting the Einstein Wallstreet in his place for talking shit.

wallstreet said:

If you actually read the article it talks about the possiblity of faceplate peripherals.

Of course I know the picture is photoshopped,I posted the fucking article!!!!!And it was actually written after the MICRO was put out otherwise how would anyone know about the possible expansion port underneath the faceplate. Do your homework before you talk shit.
Wallstreet is a complete arsehole.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
GBA development ended more than six months ago.

Why the hell are you confusing homebrew hardware with offical hardware developments that already ended. you got a muddled way of asking things.

you can solder wires to your microSD to a microSD adaptor so you can be lazy and not take it out of the freaking cart.

Dunpeal1978

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how_do_i_do_that said:
GBA development ended more than six months ago.

Why the hell are you confusing homebrew hardware with offical hardware developments that already ended. you got a muddled way of asking things.

you can solder wires to your microSD to a microSD adaptor so you can be lazy and not take it out of the freaking cart.

Man you just don't know when to quit do you.

#1) Who said that "ALL" GBA development ended 6 months ago? You? I've been catching up on alot of homebrew releases in the last week,and there are plenty of people still producing things for the GBA.

#2) I never confused official hardware with homebrew hardware, I simply showed "WALLSTREET" that the idea of using the micro as a mobile phone (which he thought up as an insult to my intelligence) was actually not such a far fetched idea. In fact if you reread my original post you'll see that there is nothing mentioned about "official hardware developments"

QUOTE(Dunpeal1978 @ Dec 15 2008, 07:19 PM) Has anybody coded anything to be able to use the micro wireless adaptor for anything other than multi player? heres some possiblities

-universal remote for my TV
-internet access over ifra-red (really slow)
-wireless multiplayer for homebrew,emulators

And Im also wondering if there is a way to connect a micro to a pc and access my EZ Flash IV,instead of having to take my flash cartridge out all the time.

#3) exactly how much more clear and to the point and on topic can I be in my original post? It is posted in the "GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software" section and cleary only inquires about Flashing Hardware and Software.

#4) And last but not least,even if I solder the mini SD inside my cartridge I still would have to take it out of the micro to put anything on it. In fact I would never be able to access the SD card again,unless I bought some kind of cartridge to USB adaptor.

man there sure are alot of people on here that don't read the whole post before replying.

Anyways,I was hoping someone had any leads or interest in this topic,but all I got was flamers and trolls.......

Dunpeal1978

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how_do_i_do_that said:
*snip

There is no damn room to fit an IR controller for a TV on a micro.

Yes I could have posted in the GBA - Game Development, ROM Hacking and Translations forum,but since it involves my EZ-FLASH IV (flashing hardware) and inquires as to wheather or not anyone has coded any patches,homebrew,plugins for universal remote for my TV (software) ,internet access over ifra-red (hardware and software),wireless multiplayer for homebrew,emulators (patches,plugins,software). Then I figured Icould get more leads in a forum with more traffic. Guess Ill just ask the moderator to move it to the hacking forum. Perhaps there are less douche bags in there.

Hey and how_do_i_do_that Nintendo made an official Game Boy micro Wireless Adapter which uses infra-red to communicate with other micros,the gameboy advance,and the gamecube gameboy player. All you have to do is create a program that you can program in infra-red codes into and you can add any device in your home.And there are also infra-red adaptors for computers that allow you to browse the internet,but they are very slow. *snip

GAMEBOY MICRO INFRA-RED WIRELESS ADAPTOR

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Dunpeal1978 made perfectly legit and reasonable post with some questions in it..If you don't have any answers, or ways to contribute to the thread, I'll kindly ask you to NOT post, and do not continue this flaming..

Dunpeal1978, I know you were called out, and provoked, but please, try not to insult on a personal level!
frown.gif

how_do_i_do_that, give the guy a break! Why are you flaming, that is against the rules, and I'll ask you to stop or your warn will be increased!

Also, wallstreet is a troll, and he's banned because he's a troublesome member!

Please guys, keep it on topic, there is no need for doing something like this!!

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
the smallest IR controller chip is the size of a quarter without going into the SMT version. you would have to solder connectors to the dpad and buttons if your looking at probably a faceplate addon.

There isn't currently anyone working on one with a GBA interface. That would require you to have a custom gba program to control the input.

The best thing you can do to come close is to get one of those tv control watches and wire map the buttons to a micro:

http://www.physlink.com/estore/cart/QuemexQTV-800.cfm
http://www.dealextreme.com/products.dx/category.1000

There are several watch remotes on DX dirt cheap.

I already gave a OH SO NOT SUTTLE hint that I already worked on one.

Dunpeal1978

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hard modding an IR controller chip inside the micro or underneath the faceplate is a good idea,but it seems easier to Softmod it by buying the official wireless adaptor and then creating a POGOSHELL plugin or An executable that creates a custom GBA ROM based on the type of infra-red device codes you input into it.Unfortunatley I don't know anything about coding ,maybe I should just do it myself.So what stopped your work on creating a hardmod?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill