norlane

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/indexe.asp
R4i Cart (nds cartridge) SDHC Revolution for DS

got this Cart for my nds and a PNY 4 gig micro sdhc card it take a long time to save a game
so i put my kingston 4 gig sdhc card in and it saved the games and worked fast.

the pny cards i have 2 is so slow it must have issues but looks like quality life time warranty etc.

what should i do with it.

have used the panasonic formatter also cart has the yellow V1.4 on front newer version

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Some brands are just better than others... Kingston and Sandisk are good
I haven't heard much good about PNY and Transcend, so it's probably est to stay away from them.
Also, counterfeit MicroSD cards are almost always shit so buy from reputable sources.

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They also make SDHC cards that have different IO speeds usually referred to as "classes." A class 6 card is generally better than a class 4. Most companies don't print the class on the card anymore.

PNY has been in the memory business for a long time. They only recently started making solid state flash cards, but they have been making RAM for ever.

h8isgr8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hundshamer said:
They also make SDHC cards that have different IO speeds usually referred to as "classes." A class 6 card is generally better than a class 4. Most companies don't print the class on the card anymore.

PNY has been in the memory business for a long time. They only recently started making solid state flash cards, but they have been making RAM for ever.

Don't get caught up in the class number of the card. The class only defines the minimum write speed; it has nothing to do with read speeds,

I have a 4GB "Class 4" card that creates saves and loads game painfully slow. I also have a 2GB "Class 2" card that is lightning fast.

Even though the class 2 card benchmarks a slightly lower write speed (~5MB/s vs ~6MB/s), it has a much higher read speed. The class 2 reads at ~17MB/s and the class 4 only reads at ~11MB/s.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-